For those who want McCarthy

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That article does less to turn me off McCarthy and more to reaffirm how much of an *** Aaron Rodgers is.

As Deion would say, it's "both":

hqdefault.jpg

Gorgon

Reaction score
Everything you need to know about why the Packers were so awful in his final 2 years, and why his relationship with Aaron Rodgers soured.

I don’t want this clown anywhere near Dallas.

Great article.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay.amp.html
I don't know, or pretend to know. But this article appears to be written by a Rodgers butt-boy, not a "fair and balanced" reporter. I'd need more info. All I know is that McCarthy made it further than Garrett ever has.

chicago JK

Reaction score
McCarthy have any history of uncovering coaching talent? I think that is important on whoever we hire. If Dallas is good, they are going to get teams interest in their assistants.

I thought Garrett would be a guy who would uncover and develop coaching talent. Unfortunately I was wrong.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Nobody is asking for your "help". If you want to practice willful ignorance and blind yourself to the evidence presented, that's your issue. But nobody needs nor wants your "help" in doing the same.
seek first to understand then to be understood.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven't read all the threads, because it's been too many to count. So why don't people like McCarthy?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if you think McCarthy and Garrett are exactly the same...I can't help stupidity.

Show me where I said that, talk about "stupidity"...

It's not anybody else that needs the "help".

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven't read all the threads, because it's been too many to count. So why don't people like McCarthy?

I'll give two of my own reasons really quick.

1. Every rookie coach struggled this year, with the exception of one - the guy that replaced Mike McCarthy. His team had a bye this week as the #2 seed.
  2. Mike McCarthy won 13 games between the 2017-18 seasons with the Packers. After firing him, the Packers won 13 games this year.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score

Basically Rodgers thought he had one of the lowest football IQs he had ever been around and his offense was predictable.

The personnel man says the Packers' passing offense was essentially 'Get open' and that they basically ran the same routes for seven years straight, to the point where division rivals 'constantly' called out plays pre-snap and jumped routes.

Where were the route combinations? The motion? The misdirection? "It's like, 'Dude, you have to adjust! The league changes!'" the personnel man says. "You've got to be humble enough to follow it. If you can't adapt, you die. He definitely didn't adapt. You can't run 90 back-shoulders into coverage. I don't care who you are. Things got so stale."

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll give two of my own reasons really quick.

1. Every rookie coach struggled this year, with the exception of one - the guy that replaced Mike McCarthy. His team had a bye this week as the #2 seed.
  2. Mike McCarthy won 13 games between the 2017-18 seasons with the Packers. After firing him, the Packers won 13 games this year.
I don't follow the Pack enough or cared to follow them enough, was that all on him or were there other issues. Aaron Rodgers was still Aaron Rodgers. I know they let alot of their offensive firepower go.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't follow the Pack enough or cared to follow them enough, was that all on him or were there other issues. Aaron Rodgers was still Aaron Rodgers. I know they let alot of their offensive firepower go.

No, it's never 'all on one guy'. But the results speak for themselves. Rodgers wasn't great this year, much of it likely due to adjusting to a new offense, but here the Packers are, 13-3 and the #2 seed in the conference.

But if you have the time or inclination to read it, there's a thread titled 'For those who want McCarthy' (or something like that). In the first post, there's a link to a comprehensive article reporting on the dysfunction and disconnect in Green Bay. There are extensive quotes and information contained in it that paints a picture of how bad things got. Well worth your time if you have it.