News: Forbes: Odell Beckham Jr.’s Best Landing Spot Is Now The Dallas Cowboys

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Some are saying this surely will not happen. And deep down, I surely hope it doesn't. Then again, I have a feeling that sometime by tomorrow, the Cowboys may actually find a way to land OBJ even if there isn't an obvious need.

Aikman was talking about it, so are several others. We shall see, I guess.

Article below.

===

The Dallas Cowboys have emerged as Odell Beckham’s best landing spot.

As the Cowboys head into the trade deadline, they do so sporting a 6-2 record following their 49-29 win over the Chicago Bears in Week 8. Dallas will comfortably enter their bye week with the second-best record in the NFC and slotted as the conference’s top wild card team.

If there ever was the perfect time for Jerry Jones and the Cowboys to make a major move, it’s now.

LINK: https://www.forbes.com/sites/djsidd...ot-is-now-the-dallas-cowboys/?sh=281244f1c475

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This is accurate.
Team most likely to get him the ball and let him cook.
Dallas needs a deep play guy with Gallup working back from the serious injuries.
Dak an elite deep play guy and OBJ brings that if anywhere near 100%.

So thing is, will he be near 100% this season??

Aven8

Reaction score
This is accurate.
Team most likely to get him the ball and let him cook.
Dallas needs a deep play guy with Gallup working back from the serious injuries.
Dak an elite deep play guy and OBJ brings that if anywhere near 100%.

So thing is, will he be near 100% this season??

Good thing about OBJ is he’s fantastic at going across the field over the middle. That’s Dak’s best strength too. He won’t miss the overthrow either.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I'm all for it. We have a good team in a down NFC, no more waiting on "the process". I know he is sort of a knucklehead, but he helped LA win it all last year. He is this group's version of Deion Sanders. Go for it. Make the moves.

Personally, I would like to see a trade to button down our run defense and then sign OBJ when he is ready to put our offense over the top. The other top contenders in the NFC, the Eagles, and the 49ers are making big moves. Let's not get left behind.

jay94

Reaction score
If it's not him, it needs to be someone, I can get the off the field hype, but what we have is clearly not good enough.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Dont know anything about his injury and how long you need to recover...has it been long enough?

How many games before Playoffs assuming we make it would be ideal for him to knock rust off?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'm all for it. We have a good team in a down NFC, no more waiting on "the process". I know he is sort of a knucklehead, but he helped LA win it all last year. He is this group's version of Deion Sanders. Go for it. Make the moves.

Personally, I would like to see a trade to button down our run defense and then sign OBJ when he is ready to put our offense over the top. The other top contenders in the NFC, the Eagles, and the 49ers are making big moves. Let's not get left behind.

I'm for it, so long as we don't have to break the bank for him to play half a season. He likely won't be ready... and if he is, he'll still take some time to get up to speed.

But . . . I'm still fine with our guys.

Like, really.

Dont know anything about his injury and how long you need to recover...has it been long enough?

How many games before Playoffs assuming we make it would be ideal for him to knock rust off?

Same injury as Gallup. Gallup's was game 17 of the regular season. OBJ's was in the Super Bowl. So his trajectory isn't too far out. The difference is Gallup was in camp with a trainer, and OBJ was not.

We'll see...

I'm in favor of trying "something" because they seem intent on holding back Simi Fehoko who is a superstar in the making if he can just see the field.

My thing with Simi is this.. He has the athleticism, and all the physical tools.

What he lacks, I think, is the hunger and mental toughness.

To me, I don't feel like Simi has suffered enough in life to be able to play up to his potential.

That's what makes Parsons so good. He has the athletic gifts.. And he's suffered a whole lot, so it gives him a hunger that the average person can't stop.

Simi needs that. Or he'll just fade away eventually.

irishline

Reaction score

So OBJ, who is working back from a serious injury, is going to be the deep guy that Gallup can't be because he's working back from a serious injury?

Just a little confused by that I guess. Not saying he can't but not sure he can at this point either.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Good thing about OBJ is he’s fantastic at going across the field over the middle. That’s Dak’s best strength too. He won’t miss the overthrow either.

Funny you say that.

We were just talking about Fehoko, and I think that's the problem coaches have with him. Not that it isn't reasonable to fear going over the middle. It actually takes irrational fearlessness to do it right.

And agreed. That's Dak's best throw.

To add to what jterrel was saying, I think Forbes is likely accurate on this one. And the more I think about it, the more I think a deal will get done. OBJ is at the point in his career where a Super Bowl would do his bank account way more wonders than any contract he'd get for half a season. So he'd be smart to take less money to play for a winner.

jay94

Reaction score
So OBJ, who is working back from a serious injury, is going to be the deep guy that Gallup can't be because he's working back from a serious injury?

Just a little confused by that I guess. Not saying he can't but not sure he can at this point either.

4.31 guy vs 4.51