News: Forbes: Odell Beckham Jr.’s Best Landing Spot Is Now The Dallas Cowboys

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm all for it but don't forget OBJ is coming off big injury too. If they are going to do it they need to do it now so he can start reading the playbook. I think Stephen is counting on washington coming back and helping.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'm all for it but don't forget OBJ is coming off big injury too. If they are going to do it they need to do it now so he can start reading the playbook. I think Stephen is counting on washington coming back and helping.

That's what I was about to say. My biggest concern is his injury.

People probably don't need this, but here he is pre-injury. He's a baller. But like you say, he's coming off an injury. Gallup appears to be faring well enough this year.

If they were to make a deal, I'd want our trainers, staff, etcetera, to scope him out.

fifaguy

Reaction score
This is accurate.
Team most likely to get him the ball and let him cook.
Dallas needs a deep play guy with Gallup working back from the serious injuries.
Dak an elite deep play guy and OBJ brings that if anywhere near 100%.

So thing is, will he be near 100% this season??

I Don't think he is a deep threat though.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I Don't think he is a deep threat though.
Historically he has been.
And he sort of was for the Rams.
11.3 yards per reception is nothing yet 5 of his 27 catchers were TDs.
But that is a monster question coming off injury at his age.
Can he make those plays and can he get deep?

sandbridge77

Reaction score
Only thing he would cost is cap space, would be a good move if the price was right, but he’s a diva and probably thinks he’s worth a small fortune. I’ll sure they could afford the phone call to find out.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Some are saying this surely will not happen. And deep down, I surely hope it doesn't. Then again, I have a feeling that sometime by tomorrow, the Cowboys may actually find a way to land OBJ even if there isn't an obvious need.

Aikman was talking about it, so are several others. We shall see, I guess.

Article below.

===

The Dallas Cowboys have emerged as Odell Beckham’s best landing spot.

As the Cowboys head into the trade deadline, they do so sporting a 6-2 record following their 49-29 win over the Chicago Bears in Week 8. Dallas will comfortably enter their bye week with the second-best record in the NFC and slotted as the conference’s top wild card team.

If there ever was the perfect time for Jerry Jones and the Cowboys to make a major move, it’s now.

LINK: https://www.forbes.com/sites/djsidd...ot-is-now-the-dallas-cowboys/?sh=281244f1c475

Trade deadline has nothing to do with OBJ. He is a free agent.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Trade deadline has nothing to do with OBJ. He is a free agent.

I think it does. In terms of when they will make a move, and when they won't.

I can agree, though. If he doesn't sign tomorrow, so he can prepare during practice during the bye, and then Heavens forbid something like Cee Dee Lamb got injured, he may be the guy we'd call after the trade deadline.

manster4ever

Reaction score
I get the feeling it will happen. Please no.

sigh...sure seems like something old Jerrah would do. IF he listens to McClay and his kid, he probably won't now. But will he listen to them? Who knows....it's aggravating as hell to ponder cuz it shouldn't even be a consideration.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's what I was about to say. My biggest concern is his injury.

People probably don't need this, but here he is pre-injury. He's a baller. But like you say, he's coming off an injury. Gallup appears to be faring well enough this year.

If they were to make a deal, I'd want our trainers, staff, etcetera, to scope him out.

We don't know if he'd accept a cheap deal to finish out this year but I do know he can't say yes to something not asked. No harm in talking to him.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I don’t know why people are so against this. He’s still a good receiver.

Yeah he’s had plenty of knuckleheaded moments. I know. But he has good hands and runs great routes, which is the type of receiver Prescott likes.

I’d sign him to a reasonable deal.

rags747

Reaction score
At this point in his career OBJ would be a great add. He’s a dog and would be accepted into this lockeroom very quickly. The only question is his health! I’m all for it and best of all it’s FREE, no draft compensation AT ALL!

Praxit

Reaction score
..I'll say this, OBJ would take the offense UP another notch. They would have to double him, leaving CD, Brown, TE's one on one.

If FATE has a Say in this. Will see...