News: Forbes: Odell Beckham Jr.’s Best Landing Spot Is Now The Dallas Cowboys

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Then why did you mention “sometime tomorrow”?

:huh:

Because, if you're going to consider signing another player, you need to consider the trade deadline in the scope of things. Maybe they marked this date on their calendar to give themselves ample time to assess needs, cost, and timing of signing a new player. And around the trade deadline, heading into the bye off-week, is a good time to make the decision to add a player and open up shop to negotiate potential trades and signings in the available market.

So, no, it doesn't have to be right now for OBJ. But he's still in the conversation, because of where we're at in the season, and with the trade deadline looming tomorrow.

The points I just mentioned are why this topic is in Forbes — a publication that people rely on to make logical assumptions and predictions.....

Also, this is a time when other teams are going to be gambling to get better. And the clock is ticking for how long OBJ will even be on the market.

Or it could be.

Think about all the factors here.

Unless you're thinking shortsightedly..

Cowboys are a business, and Forbes is a business magazine.

Last edited:

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Some are saying this surely will not happen. And deep down, I surely hope it doesn't. Then again, I have a feeling that sometime by tomorrow, the Cowboys may actually find a way to land OBJ even if there isn't an obvious need.

Aikman was talking about it, so are several others. We shall see, I guess.

Article below.

===

The Dallas Cowboys have emerged as Odell Beckham’s best landing spot.

As the Cowboys head into the trade deadline, they do so sporting a 6-2 record following their 49-29 win over the Chicago Bears in Week 8. Dallas will comfortably enter their bye week with the second-best record in the NFC and slotted as the conference’s top wild card team.

If there ever was the perfect time for Jerry Jones and the Cowboys to make a major move, it’s now.

LINK: https://www.forbes.com/sites/djsidd...ot-is-now-the-dallas-cowboys/?sh=281244f1c475

I have serious doubts about this as well. First, they don't exactly NEED him...and second, ....uhhhh, there is no second, sorry.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I have serious doubts about this as well. First, they don't exactly NEED him...and second, ....uhhhh, there is no second, sorry.

My biggest fear is that they will cut one of my pet cats for Beckham. :laugh:

Not really, though. The biggest issue when I really think about it from a logical standpoint is that his cost would be too high, and it wouldn't be worth the payoff for what we could spend on adding talent and depth to other areas.

People are going to want players from this team. During the offseason, people made sarcastic jokes about there being so much talent all the teams would be trying to sign our players, as in mocking the team. But it looks like the joke really is on us, because the more success we have, the more our players end up costing us to maintain.

DanA

Reaction score
If he’s signed now it’s to build some continuity to have him ready for the playoffs. We wouldn’t need him to contribute much over the next month but come Christmas you’d want him in full swing.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Did we havve a problem finding open receivers against the 3rd ranked pass defense? I must've missed that. Brown was out to boot. This seems like a solution looking for a problem.

But you can never bring too much ammo to a gunfight.

You can bring too little though.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
But you can never bring too much ammo to a gunfight.

You can bring too little though.

Sure and then you look at the ammo of the opponents. Gallup is rounding back to form, Lamb is continuing to develop, Brown will be back, and you have 3 TE that are legit targets. Nevermind the RB.

A pro bowler at each skill position is not a reasonable expectation.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I understand the attraction to Odell Beckham, he can make some remarkable catches and get separation from defenders. But he is not game healthy and likely won't be game ready considering we are also in a very competitive division right now. We need a formidable run stopper and why isn't Simi Fehoko in the wide receiver mix at this juncture. Hey we do have a trio of tight ends who can catch passes and they can block.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I am pretty ambivalent about the idea, but it would be Jerry going all in. He has been holding on to cap space with all his might, and this would take that away.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because, if you're going to consider signing another player, you need to consider the trade deadline in the scope of things. Maybe they marked this date on their calendar to give themselves ample time to assess needs, cost, and timing of signing a new player. And around the trade deadline, heading into the bye off-week, is a good time to make the decision to add a player and open up shop to negotiate potential trades and signings in the available market.

So, no, it doesn't have to be right now for OBJ. But he's still in the conversation, because of where we're at in the season, and with the trade deadline looming tomorrow.

The points I just mentioned are why this topic is in Forbes — a publication that people rely on to make logical assumptions and predictions.....

Also, this is a time when other teams are going to be gambling to get better. And the clock is ticking for how long OBJ will even be on the market.

Or it could be.

Think about all the factors here.

Unless you're thinking shortsightedly..

Cowboys are a business, and Forbes is a business magazine.

And a ‘business magazine’ shows they don’t have a firm grasp of sports. If you want to co-sign their ignorance, go right ahead. But it’s certainly not ‘big picture’.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
He was a headcase his first couple of years, but everything I'm hearing says he's a good teammate, and he'd certainly draw some attention.

It would make top story on all the sports related media. Jerry might do it for that reason more than any other. He has plausible deniability since the team could use some help in the receiving game.