News: Forbes: Odell Beckham Jr.’s Best Landing Spot Is Now The Dallas Cowboys

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Some are saying this surely will not happen. And deep down, I surely hope it doesn't. Then again, I have a feeling that sometime by tomorrow, the Cowboys may actually find a way to land OBJ even if there isn't an obvious need.

Aikman was talking about it, so are several others. We shall see, I guess.

Article below.

===

The Dallas Cowboys have emerged as Odell Beckham’s best landing spot.

As the Cowboys head into the trade deadline, they do so sporting a 6-2 record following their 49-29 win over the Chicago Bears in Week 8. Dallas will comfortably enter their bye week with the second-best record in the NFC and slotted as the conference’s top wild card team.

If there ever was the perfect time for Jerry Jones and the Cowboys to make a major move, it’s now.

LINK: https://www.forbes.com/sites/djsidd...ot-is-now-the-dallas-cowboys/?sh=281244f1c475
OBJ is a free agent right? They don't have to sign him today or tuesday- thats the trading deadline. You can sign a free agent anytime

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
OBJ hasn’t played football in eight months and has been rehabbing an ACL. He’s not likely to be much help to anyone being out that long. Receivers don’t just come back from an ACL and hit the ground running, especially for a new team with only a few practices under their belt. Besides, he’s a drama queen diva.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Some are saying this surely will not happen. And deep down, I surely hope it doesn't. Then again, I have a feeling that sometime by tomorrow, the Cowboys may actually find a way to land OBJ even if there isn't an obvious need.

Article below.

===

As the Cowboys head into the trade deadline, they do so sporting a 6-2 record following their 49-29 win over the Chicago Bears in Week 8. Dallas will comfortably enter their bye week with the second-best record in the NFC and slotted as the conference’s top wild card team.

If there ever was the perfect time for Jerry Jones and the Cowboys to make a major move, it’s now.

LINK: https://www.forbes.com/sites/djsidd...ot-is-now-the-dallas-cowboys/?sh=281244f1c475

BREAKING NEWS: WE WILL GET HIM ON THE FIELD AGAINST GREEN BAY, WHY BECAUSE WE HAVE THE SAME DOCTORS THAT RUSHED BACK GALLUP AND CLARK!!!

nathanlt

Reaction score
I think the unselfish team chemistry that's going on right now would be overcome partly by the me-first attitude that OBJ seems to have. I'm hearing that he's grown out of that somewhat, and I hope so. He'd better have outgrown that persona if he joins this team.

Oh yeah... football stuff too... hope he still has something left in the tank.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
This is accurate.
Team most likely to get him the ball and let him cook.
Dallas needs a deep play guy with Gallup working back from the serious injuries.
Dak an elite deep play guy and OBJ brings that if anywhere near 100%.

So thing is, will he be near 100% this season??

Didn't OBJ have the exact same injury as Gallup?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When was the last time this dude played football?

For years all I have heard about is what team he is playing for next ....... not what he did when he got there.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Article below.

===

The Boys need a plug on the D-Line! If they can find someone who is capable of being that run stopper then they should sign him immediately.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
As long as Beckham doesn't impact the chemistry, and we think yesterday's offensive breakout won't be the norm, I'm out of reasons not to consider signing him.

fansince68

Reaction score

Article below.

===

When will he be able to play? Conditioning?

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
This is accurate.
Team most likely to get him the ball and let him cook.
Dallas needs a deep play guy with Gallup working back from the serious injuries.
Dak an elite deep play guy and OBJ brings that if anywhere near 100%.

So thing is, will he be near 100% this season??

if we can get him, i think we "may" be able to let him sit or bring him back slowly. but please add another run stopping DT also.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
When was the last time this dude played football?

For years all I have heard about is what team he is playing for next ....... not what he did when he got there.

He last played in the Super Bowl. Inured his ACL in that game. So, he's probably about a month out from being 90%, which is where Gallup appears to be if you compare his trajectory on the same timeline length.

In his defense, I think he spent some time in New York.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OBJ hasn’t played football in eight months and has been rehabbing an ACL. He’s not likely to be much help to anyone being out that long. Receivers don’t just come back from an ACL and hit the ground running, especially for a new team with only a few practices under their belt. Besides, he’s a drama queen diva.
He blew his ACL out in early Feb this year in SB. It’s been less than 9 mos for him to rehab. That kind of injury for a guy who turns 30 in a few days would make him sketchy to have any immediate impact IMO.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
We just need to stop the run... we don't need a receiver.

I would argue the stopping the run thing is overblown. Some of the forcing them to run is by design. You can't be invincible. That's part of DQ's philosophy: bend don't break.

We just need to keep scoring more points than the other team. As a team, I think this team can regularly accomplish that, against any team when at full health.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He blew his ACL out in early Feb this year in SB. It’s been less than 9 mos for him to rehab. That kind of injury for a guy who turns 30 in a few days would make him sketchy to have any immediate impact IMO.

I would definitely take this into consideration. Gallup is 4 years younger, for the record.