Forget the star incident... T.O. will ruin the Cowboys

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
nathanlt said:
I know most of you think I'm just throwing a temper tantrum, but t.o. is going to tear the Cowboys apart just like he did to the 49ers and the Eagles.

Not at all. I believe fans like you can remain dedicated to their team, and still not give their stamp of approval to any particular player ...in this case TO. For example, I Never really gave my stamp of approval to former Eagles Head Coach Buddy Ryan, but if he had taken our team to a Superbowl victory, I would have celebrated with the team.

What makes you think he's going to be different?

They all have the same right to think that he will (positive thinking) than you do that he won't (apprehensive thinking).

Deep down, he hates the Cowboys, like any 49er or Eagle, and is only over here for the money.

I don't know enough about the 49ers, but it's no secret that many Eagle fans aren't ready to embrace the Cowboys with open arms. You've painted a very glib picture of the TO scenario in Dallas. Most of the anticipated behavior is based on his behavior during his past experiences with the 9ers and Eagles.
I think if TO does anything out of line, it will be sublte by franchise standards; yet, I think whatever it is, and however he does it, the media will inflate the situation to the greatest extent. Somewhere, some journalist already has his print layed out in a WORD-file ..."T.O. Strikes Again!"

But I htink TO is no fool ...I don't think he'd bite the hand that's feeding him ...again! But they say that the road to hell is paved in gold ...meaning even the best intentions could go sour and lead to turmoil.

You heard it here, you can scratch out the next few years for all hope of winning with t.o., a self absorbed black hole (in the scientific connotation) of ME ism, absorbing all energy that he can from the locker room. He is a walking disaster to any group that calls itself TEAM.

That's too deep for me.:rolleyes:

A very large part of the reason I won't watch is that it is going to be a horrific annihilation of the team I enjoyed as a kid. Loyalty doesn't sit by and watch while this happens, loyalty gets ticked off and does something about it!

These are intriguing words. While I too have very strong reservations about TO and his capabilities to demolish a lockerroom, loyalty is a completely separate entity in this case. Loyalty and trust go hand-in-hand here. Trusting the people who manage your team, trusting the coaches, and fans to support your franchise's decision ...that's all about loyalty. You never had loyalty to begin with if you let "one" player put on your team's uniform and annihilate the image of the team you grew up knowing. I think you are empowering TO with something he is incapable of doing.

Loyalty is having gone through TO's worst behavior (at least at this point), and still believing in your team. Loyalty is about "recovering" from collateral damages and being there to support your team back to full strength when the smoke settles.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
TO is a changed man
That is the thing "Nate" doesnt realize. If TO fails for us, no team in the league, apart from the Raiders would even think about signing his ***. That is why I said earlier that Dallas is TO's last stop before retirement or being cut.

Congrats on 6k posts!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
What just kills me is the guy who started this thread is Anti-TO basically because he "insulted" the Cowboys when he celebrated on the star.

Now he starts a thread nearly every night insulting all those Cowboys fans who are going to actually watch the Cowboys this year. He has tossed around words like sell out and such.

He has actually insulted Dallas fans way more than TO ever dreamed of when he celebrated on the star. You tell me who should be the guy that is despised? The one who celebrated on the star or the one who likes to insult Cowboy fans on a nightly basis? Hmm...
Post of the day.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
nathanlt said:
I know most of you think I'm just throwing a temper tantrum, but t.o. is going to tear the Cowboys apart just like he did to the 49ers and the Eagles.

What makes you think he's going to be different?

Deep down, he hates the Cowboys, like any 49er or Eagle, and is only over here for the money. He'll build friendships with a few of the new guys, only Ellis was there for the incident I'm not going to bring up again, and then, he'll pull the same junk he's done before. Claim the organization is classless, complain about everything he can and annihilate any locker room chemistry, which is vital to win down the stretch of the playoffs.

You heard it here, you can scratch out the next few years for all hope of winning with t.o., a self absorbed black hole (in the scientific connotation) of ME ism, absorbing all energy that he can from the locker room. He is a walking disaster to any group that calls itself TEAM.

A very large part of the reason I won't watch is that it is going to be a horrific annihilation of the team I enjoyed as a kid. Loyalty doesn't sit by and watch while this happens, loyalty gets ticked off and does something about it!

This is not a temper tantrum.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v348/BPMdotEXE/Random/O_RLY.jpg

superpunk

Reaction score
nathanlt said:
I wonder how long before I get banished again to the opinion zone.

Crickets....

Oh, quit your *****in'.

Your stupid, repetitive post deserves to be deleted, so it doesn't unnecessarily piss people off. You should be thankful that doesn't happen.

You got your message out there already. Now you're just being an attention *****. Kind of like the player you idolize - Terrell Owens.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Oh, quit your *****in'.

Your stupid, repetitive post deserves to be deleted, so it doesn't unnecessarily piss people off. You should be thankful that doesn't happen.

You got your message out there already. Now you're just being an attention *****. Kind of like the player you idolize - Terrell Owens.

yarly.jpg

superpunk

Reaction score
hilarious. Quit inflating your post count, and stealing users memory, or something.

:bang2: :banghead: :) :laugh1: :confused: :star: :lmao2: :rolleyes: :starspin :eek: :starspin :lmao: :mad: :rolleyes:

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
superpunk said:
hilarious. Quit inflating your post count, and stealing users memory, or something.

:bang2: :banghead: :) :laugh1: :confused: :star: :lmao2: :rolleyes: :starspin :eek: :starspin :lmao: :mad: :rolleyes:

I blame it on the key loss of Torrin Tucker.

Had he still been on the team, I wouldn't have done it. That, and we'd be on our way to our 10th Super Bowl win.

Yep.

We'd win 4 Super Bowl trophies with Torrin Tucker and competing for a 5th. This offseason. That is how key he is, to us.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Vintage said:
I blame it on the key loss of Torrin Tucker.

Had he still been on the team, I wouldn't have done it. That, and we'd be on our way to our 10th Super Bowl win.

Yep.

We'd win 4 Super Bowl trophies with Torrin Tucker and competing for a 5th. This offseason. That is how key he is, to us.

Stop it.:p:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
One bright side is TO contract is such that should he cause problems for the team and becomes to much to deal with Dallas can move on without hurting themselfs cap wise. As most know I was not for the TO signing but in the end if he can contribute to the team and keep his actions under control then it can be a very good situation for both the Cowboys and TO. I fear the worst but hope for the best

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Good job taking the ribbing.;)

Are you kidding me ...I've got my B.oR (Bachelors of Ribbnotology) from Superpunk-Vintage University of Ribbing, and a M.BoR
(Masters of Bio-Ribb-no-to-logy).;)

superpunk

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Are you kidding me ...I've got my B.oR (Bachelors of Ribbnotology) from Superpunk-Vintage University of Ribbing, and a M.BoR
(Masters of Bio-Ribb-no-to-logy).;)

You bring most of it on yourself, but you can handle it.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
superpunk said:
You bring most of it on yourself, but you can handle it.

True. What some posters don't know is that the more I'm ribbed, I adapt and perservere (Air Force training).

superpunk

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
True. What some posters don't know is that the more I'm ribbed, I adapt and perservere (Air Force training).

Don't know?

Or don't care? :p: