Former Cowboys players comments on their new team

scottsp

Reaction score
I might be crazy, but wasn't there a place and time where coaches and front offices operated under the premise of "If something is unrelated to winning ball games or helping us reach our ultimate goal as a team, it has no place in this building?"

Clearly not the case here.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Yea

mNx6xMW.png

Yeah, but you have no helicopters landing on your training field!

Eat this you have beens!

ccb04

Reaction score
Jerry’s well known for his distractions. That said, it’s hardly surprising players have good things to say about the team willing to pay them more money lol.
A guy like Joseph is an excuse maker and distraction to himself and teammates. He’s had problems going back to college, perhaps HS, and his ’rap career’ is his love. In general, players are more concerned now with self promotion than ever before.

As far as having a strong coach goes, anyone remember Michael Irvin’s many legal issues under Jimmy? How about Aaron Hernandez in New England under Belichick? Reid & the Chiefs deal with Kelce’s $100M podcast & pop star girlfriend. Difference is, those teams won championships, the ultimate cure all.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
So...you want to make the players weaker by having them practice in a safe environment?
Think of it like this...

If I were tasked with hiring engineers, and my company's culture was such that the engineers also needed to be charismatic/good with people, that would put me at a significant disadvantage in recruiting because it narrows the talent pool.

If I want to engineer a good product, I have to let the engineers worry about engineering.

Same goes with football. Only the talent pool is already limited and everyone has the same salary cap.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Think of it like this...

If I were tasked with hiring engineers, and my company's culture was such that the engineers also needed to be charismatic/good with people, that would put me at a significant disadvantage in recruiting because it narrows the talent pool.

If I want to engineer a good product, I have to let the engineers worry about engineering.

Same goes with football. Only the talent pool is already limited and everyone has the same salary cap.
Its about being reasonable...like everything.

Im not for a dull, isolated practice facility and I am not for a circus at my practice facility.

If I was to put money on it...most, if not all, of these things at The Star are done with reasonability in mind. But, every inch you take towards non-traditional...it opens the floodgates for negativity to attack. Im not really a big fan of the helicopter bit, but as a rare occurrence here or there to break up the monotony of practices...I think that is reasonable. What I find UNREASONABLE...is attacking every little thing not traditional or not football focused as being detrimental to the team. That is simply not accurate. Beings are versatile and can handle distractions here and there.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
My thought is jerry has 50 billion in banks, he owns more than the cowboys,
so does he really need the money from tours at the star ???????????

The answer is no this money will just go sit in a bank for decades, and not be used..
Jerry is sick man, he is afflicted with severe case of greed !!!!!!!!!! lol he is a misor and a scrooge.
He is addicted to stacking gold!

JG used to talk about stacking wins, but jerry likes to stack gold, and he would fire a single mom with 6 kids,
if it meant he could put a few thousand dollars extra in his stack.
And fans like to help him stack gold, buying jerseys going on the tours etc etc. It is all insane, but we humans
as a whole are all insane.

Mr_437

Reaction score
MEcah chimes in from the training room.

None of them are apparently: Micah, DLaw, CeeDee and Dak. All mentioned have $ha* the bed everytime vs a good team or in the Playoffs. The arrogance to have something to say after getting curb stomped at home lol. This team is a joke. Fans defending this nonsense because you don't like the ex players telling the truth are funny also. Truth is truth no matter who tells it, whether you can handle it or not is on you.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Trashing the former employer who chose not to resign them. Imagine that.
exactly. and i wonder how having someone knock on a glass during the week prevents you from getting a sack? or maintaining your gap assignments? or maybe following your blocks and getting a TD? or in general from under achieving? cause we do that on a consistent basis.

it’s all excuses when they leave dallas. pressure? all extra curricular things going on? i don’t buy that…

Real madrid is probably the worlds most popular soccer team you think they don’t deal with social media? fans? tours? etc? but they get it done when it matters. unlike dallas we blame tours and people don’t let us concentrate that’s why we lose on sunday

:rolleyes:

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
What I find UNREASONABLE...is attacking every little thing not traditional or not football focused as being detrimental to the team. That is simply not accurate. Beings are versatile and can handle distractions here and there.
I understand where you're coming from, but at what point do the little things add up to a culture problem?

For me, this 'story' is a microcosm of a major issue with the Dallas Cowboys.

It's Jerry's team to run and he can run it like he wants. But this team feels way more interested in being entertaining than winning.

morat1959

Reaction score
This stuff should have been happening 15-20 years ago. The front office has had a pass for way too many years. I hope the L’s mount up for 2-3 years in a row. That’s all that will get JJs attention. All things follow the Ls!

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
It's b.s focus on ur dang job and quit with the excuses....if u can't focus on a job that pays millions per year that's on you.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from, but at what point do the little things add up to a culture problem?

For me, this 'story' is a microcosm of a major issue with the Dallas Cowboys.

It's Jerry's team to run and he can run it like he wants. But this team feels way more interested in being entertaining than winning.
And I understand where you are coming from.

I think my stance on all of this is...Jerry and Co. are not finding the right coaches. I think the players are still playing hard...but...at some point when a season is mathematically over, I suspect some players will make business decisions. I think all teams have players like this...and that its not a Dallas Cowboys problem because of Jerry and his 'circus'.

If the coaching issue in Dallas has been because coaches dont want to come here because Jerry has some NDA's that coaches have to sign that basically make Jerry the coach....that is on Jerry completely. Until its proven...its all speculation. Yes...I get that its proven Jerry undermines coaches about things with certain players here and there over the years. But, that shouldnt prevent a coach from having a team prepared, or from a coach having a good game plan or preventing a coach from being creative.

Im tired of the players getting blamed for uncreative coaching and our coaches looking out-matched in Playoff games. Thats on Jerry and Co...not because of some 'circus' that prevents players from practicing and playing.

Being unprepared and out-coached in Playoffs is what this teams major issue is.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
People always look for excuses why we suck and I just have to laugh at guys crying for millions but don’t want to be looked at…..everyone not meant to be a Cowboy. Next time don’t accept a contract to come here.