Former Cowboys players comments on their new team

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

mNx6xMW.png

Yeah, we don't have any privacy! Nice Jerry. Why don't we advertise our playbook for that matter?

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I can believe it….that many people now at different teams, who have no reason to have a grudge, commenting on it. That might get annoying, trying to lift and group after group of people tapping on the glass looking at you like zoo animals….yeah, that would get old day after day after day. Some people want to focus on football, and not have an audience all freakin day.
I get it...but Jerry is making the League and the players money.

There is no line in the sand that you can draw and say "youre crossing the line by over marketing the team"

Either the players want bigger money or they dont. I think the days of scamming players with trying to get them to focus on a stupid trophy are over...these guys want money.

So...any player complaining about Jerry's tactics needs to provide proof that he has been willing to take less money for a stupid trophy. His banker will laugh in his face, his wife will roll her eyes behind his back while thinking about serving him papers, his kids will resent him latter in life for making dumb decisions.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I get it...but Jerry is making the League and the players money.

There is no line in the sand that you can draw and say "youre crossing the line by over marketing the team"

Either they players want bigger money or they dont. I think the days of scamming players with trying to get them to focus on a stupid trophy are over...these guys want money.

So...any player complaining about Jerry's tactics needs to provide proof that he has been willing to take less money for a stupid trophy. His banker will laugh in his face, his wife will roll her eyes behind his back while thinking about serving him papers, his kids will resent him latter in life for making dumb decisions.

Well, yeah, but why doesn't every other team do it if it makes so much money?

Big_D

Reaction score
I know it's all about the money, but I can't see why any FA would even entertain signing with this team if they have other options.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I know it's all about the money, but I can't see why any FA would even entertain signing with this team if they have other options.

Exactly, and players do talk to each other. If they're told they're basically going to be zoo exhibitions during practice, they probably will want nothing to do with playing here. Practice is supposed to be private

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Well, yeah, but why doesn't every other team do it if it makes so much money?
I could come up with some reasons...but no clue if they are accurate or not.

I dont have an answer for you on that. Maybe the simplest answer is that no other team has the fan base the Cowboys have...so its easier to pull off(profitable) in Dallas with the Cowboys. Maybe its because the Owner is the GM.

I dont know...but I know Jerry has been talked about from many different people around the League as being the innovator and money maker for the league....and the players should be grateful.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I could come up with some reasons...but no clue if they are accurate or not.

I dont have an answer for you on that. Maybe the simplest answer is that no other team has the fan base the Cowboys have...so its easier to pull off(profitable) in Dallas with the Cowboys. Maybe its because the Owner is the GM.

I dont know...but I know Jerry has been talked about from many different people around the League as being the innovator and money maker for the league....and the players should be grateful.

Or, maybe it's because other team's realise how easily another team could watch our practices and take advantage of that.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
My goodness.......good read
This is why your next HC needs enough clout to change the culture...

Sorry if repost

Are there signs saying "Do Not Tap On Glass"?
Jerry is missing out on some other revenue streams, snack machines that tourists can buy treats from to feed the players and a player petting zoo where tourists can rub Zeke's belly.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Good luck if you think Jerry is going to get rid of this marketing tool.
He'd part with his first-born son before he ended the tours.

Oh, no doubt, even if it presents an obvious hazard to team success. Why stop it if it's making millions? So what if the Philadelphia Eagles can see our practices and see what we're doing to prepare? As long as Jerry's making millions, that's all that's important.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Of course people bash it when they leave here lol. It always the same when players leave any team.

I think that’s the furthest thing from the main issue with this team.
i don’t like it. yeah dallas has its issues but i don’t find it ok to bash your old team like that. when they were here they were all about beeing a cowboy. don’t bash it if it didn’t work out

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Are there signs saying "Do Not Tap On Glass"?
Jerry is missing out on some other revenue streams, snack machines that tourists can buy treats from to feed the players and a player petting zoo where tourists can rub Zeke's belly.

Lol, as a horse, this would be quite interesting. For an extra $10, you can give Zeke a hotdog!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It is what it is. Jerry is promoting the Cowboys. As a person that does not live in Texas, I would love to take a vacation in the late Fall early winter to see the Star and walk around the facility so I might see some players. It would be a cool experience. I wonder how much money the players make by just being ex Cowboys. Being a former Cowboy can be a lucrative business in itself. That is because there are things like the tour of the Star or Jerry doing every interview he can.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Or, maybe it's because other team's realise how easily another team could watch our practices and take advantage of that.
Im not arguing that point. I agree that if you can buy a ticket and watch our practices...thats not good.

What I do suspect, though, is that if I was forced to put money on this being real...that I would put money on it that you can watch practice but there is a portion of practice that is not viewable to paying customers.

I think there is a good likelihood of information being left out here.

I would assume there would be like a 3 hour practice...and 2 hours of it are viewable while there is an hour that is closed off. Or something along those lines. I could be wrong.

I dont have a big issue with The Star being a zoo in a reasonable way. Now...allowing fans to tap on windows and what not like is being suggested in this thread...I just think those might be outlier moments that have happened. I dont think you have fans hootin' and hollarin' and banging on windows while these guys are in class or in the weightroom....at least not like what is being portrayed.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Im not arguing that point. I agree that if you can buy a ticket and watch our practices...thats not good.

What I do suspect, though, is that if I was forced to put money on this being real...that I would put money on it that you can watch practice but there is a portion of practice that is not viewable to paying customers.

I think there is a good likelihood of information being left out here.

I would assume there would be like a 3 hour practice...and 2 hours of it are viewable while there is an hour that is closed off. Or something along those lines. I could be wrong.

I dont have a big issue with The Star being a zoo in a reasonable way. Now...allowing fans to tap on windows and what not like is being suggested in this thread...I just think those might be outlier moments that have happened. I dont think you have fans hootin' and hollarin' and banging on windows while these guys are in class or in the weightroom....at least not like what is being portrayed.

Sure, I guess the question is what part of practice can be seen and not seen?

My concern here, obviously, is one that questions the logic of such a practice besides making money. I mean, there's a reason no other team allows that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It is what it is. Jerry is promoting the Cowboys. As a person that does not live in Texas, I would love to take a vacation in the late Fall early winter to see the Star and walk around the facility so I might see some players. It would be a cool experience. I wonder how much money the players make by just being ex Cowboys. Being a former Cowboy can be a lucrative business in itself. That is because there are things like the tour of the Star or Jerry doing every interview he can.

Oh no doubt, if I had that kind of money, it'd be fun to see. My concern is if others like say the Philadelphia Eagles or San Francisco 49ers can literally watch our practices.