Former Cowboys players comments on their new team

Praxit

Reaction score
...wow! ... just wow. Disneycowboys. Where the fun never ends.

goofy-dingo.gif

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
My goodness.......good read
This is why your next HC needs enough clout to change the culture...

Sorry if repost

I like this *concrete* criticism of the culture in Dallas. Specific action, specific consequences, specific effect on the players.

Too often for my taste, the criticism is all characterization with unspecified events in reality.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Wow that is unconscionable. You’re in meetings and tours are tapping on windows . Or the weight room . That’s incredible .

The stadium is in Arlington I can see tours during the week sure but at the Star in Frisco the players and coaches should be concentrating on business not people tapping on the glass or bumping into you. The whole Jones model is opposite of success on the field .

jblaze2004

Reaction score
In season tours are just stupid. Especially while the team is there trying to focus on their job smh. No wonder its a clown show here.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Wow that is unconscionable. You’re in meetings and tours are tapping on windows . Or the weight room . That’s incredible .

The stadium is in Arlington I can see tours during the week sure but at the Star in Frisco the players and coaches should be concentrating on business not people tapping on the glass or bumping into you. The whole Jones model is opposite of success on the field .
Jerry Jones only cares about building his BRAND and making money. He doesn't care how the players or coaches feel about his distractions. If it makes him money he doesn't care who is offended or who it bothers.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Jerry is making players/owners money...yet fans still have issues with it since Jerry isnt winning hardware.

Only way to fix this is to educate the players(League wide) on Jerry and if they would prefer to make more money and have a circus or make less money and win Super Bowls.

Then...you would have to educate the fans on the issue.

Fans want the team they are rooting/paying for to be 'hardware' oriented...while owners and players want the team to be 'money' oriented.

There is a wedge here...and some sort of 'governmenting' the issue is the only way to make everyone feel fair unfortunately.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
I get it...but Jerry is making the League and the players money.

There is no line in the sand that you can draw and say "youre crossing the line by over marketing the team"

Either the players want bigger money or they dont. I think the days of scamming players with trying to get them to focus on a stupid trophy are over...these guys want money.

So...any player complaining about Jerry's tactics needs to provide proof that he has been willing to take less money for a stupid trophy. His banker will laugh in his face, his wife will roll her eyes behind his back while thinking about serving him papers, his kids will resent him latter in life for making dumb decisions.
To an extent….i just feel if i was in the league, had a good career of like 10 years, if would regret it if I didn’t win a Super Bowl. Love the money aspect, but man, to be a super bowl champion? Thats something that may be worth getting a little less, maybe. I’m sure the league would still get plenty of money as well as the players if they just did away with the tours of where the players actively are, don’t know if THAT is making a massive impact on players salaries…that’s mostly tv money and other stuff, the Cowboys would still get plenty of attention if they didn’t have those tours past the weight rooms and stuff.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Tony Pollard should not be yapping about “ culture “ in Dallas . Tenn is checking the waiver wire weekly to replace the QB . They’re in line with Carolina to join the XFL in a March April schedule .

FanofJerry

Reaction score
To an extent….i just feel if i was in the league, had a good career of like 10 years, if would regret it if I didn’t win a Super Bowl. Love the money aspect, but man, to be a super bowl champion? Thats something that may be worth getting a little less, maybe. I’m sure the league would still get plenty of money as well as the players if they just did away with the tours of where the players actively are, don’t know if THAT is making a massive impact on players salaries…that’s mostly tv money and other stuff, the Cowboys would still get plenty of attention if they didn’t have those tours past the weight rooms and stuff.
Regret not living in the upper 10% of people?

...Assuming all this is real

You regret not being able to single handedly win a Super Bowl for a team?

Im a stupid monkey...and I dont even think that is reasonable logic.

A Super Bowl Champion has become secondary to Contract Champion to players. And...RIGHTFULLY so. Not a single player in the League has issues with that EXCEPT fans.

Let that sink in.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Take it with a grain of salt - regardless of your position on the ‘Dallas country club/fishbowl/gawking zoo’ at The Star…

How many workers would publicly state of their new employers ‘Oh, they’re awful - they SUCK compared to my previous employer!’ ???

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Regret not living in the upper 10% of people?

...Assuming all this is real

You regret not being able to single handedly win a Super Bowl for a team?

Im a stupid monkey...and I dont even think that is reasonable logic.

A Super Bowl Champion has become secondary to Contract Champion to players. And...RIGHTFULLY so. Not a single player in the League has issues with that EXCEPT fans.

Let that sink in.
How much do you think the league would lose just over fans getting tours of only the Dallas cowboys though…..it wouldn't be THAT much of an impact, if any, to league salaries if they stopped. Brady took a little less, Mahoney isn’t the highest paid and he’s cool with it….nobody saying take a 50% cut man. It’s not that different from a team friendly restructure, or taking less from Dallas than another team dude to no state taxes. You don’t think there are players who didnt win, who looking back would give up a little to be a winning QB or something? Again, not talking 10s of millions of dollars. Some of these players have made 200 million, like cousins….he might take a couple millions less to be a SB winning QB…..245 ain’t that much less than 250 million.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Marketing, sales, and real estate firm that also happens to field a football team on Sundays.

Been saying it for years. Stephen told the Fan a few years ago that the two things he's most proud of during his tenure with the organization is that tourist attraction in Frisco, and that even bigger tourist attraction in Arlington.

And he meant it.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry is making players/owners money...yet fans still have issues with it since Jerry isnt winning hardware.

Only way to fix this is to educate the players(League wide) on Jerry and if they would prefer to make more money and have a circus or make less money and win Super Bowls.

Then...you would have to educate the fans on the issue.

Fans want the team they are rooting/paying for to be 'hardware' oriented...while owners and players want the team to be 'money' oriented.

There is a wedge here...and some sort of 'governmenting' the issue is the only way to make everyone feel fair unfortunately.
Jerry is a trash human being that threatens people's livelihoods for daring to ask him tough questions about why he's continually failed for 3 decades.

Zman5

Reaction score
Who does players see as the actual leader in Dallas?

Your guess is wrong if your answer is their head coaches.

Bonus points if you said Bill Parcells was an exception. Kinda.

Parcells said "You won't even know I was here in few years." when he left. Parcells knew Jerry was going to bring back the full circus again once he left.