News: Former Dallas Cowboys RB Marion Barber found dead in his apartment by Frisco police

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Damn. Marion the Barbarian. One of my favorite Cowboys RB’s ever. He was the original Beast Mode. Sad. RIP brother.

445UOJV7HJGNHLAQY24K5OCEEM.JPG

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
It feels like the last few years we’ve had a few threads about his mental decline. So sad to see this when we’ve been watching it slowly happen. RIP Barbarian. Dude was a humble beast
He’s the prototypical brain you’d study for CTE no matter what happens with how he died. He used his head as a battering rams how many years in a row?

DanManJ

Reaction score
He was the first jersey I ever purchased and still own. It was a pleasure to see him play this game. I liked his quiet persona and how he was portrayed on hard knocks. RIP the Barbarian.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Wow. Mental health finally caught up with him. I feel bad for the guy. RIP

Interested to see how much of that was driven by brain injury - in general, you don't just starting having mental health problems at 30 - onset is generally much earlier.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Interested to see how much of that was driven by brain injury - in general, you don't just starting having mental health problems at 30 - onset is generally much earlier.

Broadus has insinuated over the last couple of years that MB3 was struggling. Never elaborated. Very sad.

mrmojo

Reaction score
RIP Barbarian.....and condolences to his family. Heck of a running back , thanks for the memories.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Wow no way! I literally was just talking about him to a friend and I was saying I had hoped he had reached out for help! Smh.