Video: Fox: Bucky Brooks: 'Jerry Jones is disrespecting Dak'

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I was wrong on years. Well I was wrong on Russ. Aaron signed his two years ago plural. Russ still signed before and my point still remains. Wentz signed last year and Dak has far more in common with Wentz and Goff than he does Russ and Rodgers.

And why would Wentz sign higher than Russ? He’s not the caliber of Russ or Rodgers. If he had a ring or was more healthy he’d have signed for 40 million.

Do you even remember what you write? You originally wrote"Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson got their deals years ago. The market got reset with Wentz and Goff." and yet you now know that Wilson signed his new contract the same off season as Wentz and Goff which was last years off season. The implication of the years was in comparison Wentz and Goff and as you also know now that Rodgers new contract was only the year before Wents and Goff signed their, not years.

Now you were the one that said to pay players the market value. Now if Wilson signs a new contract and raises the market value then if we went by your logic and what you said Wentz should have been paid more than Wilson because Wilson set the new market value. So if you don't mean that, then how can you say the Cowboys low balled Prescott when they offered Prescott what other QB's that haven't won any Super Bowls are getting?

What it boils down to is you mean one thing for other players and something different with Prescott. It's not hard to catch you talking in circles.

kskboys

Reaction score
Anytime you don’t give a player his worth it’s a lowball. If you don’t value him enough to give him market value than let him walk. Don’t hold this team hostage. Move on and go find his replacement. Jerry is too afraid to do that in fear of him going to another team and having success.
Of course. However, what is his worth? He wasn't great last year, very inconsistent. He's definitely not worth what Wilson got. So, what's his fair market value? IMO, you're looking at around 28 mil for fair market value.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Totally different situation. Qb's are statistically the least likely to be injured. Rb's are among the most likely to be injured. With two years remaining on his deal, a major injury to zeke could have killed his chances of getting a new deal. Also, dak is asking more than double what zeke received.

Bingo! life expectancy is not long for a back.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Of course. However, what is his worth? He wasn't great last year, very inconsistent. He's definitely not worth what Wilson got. So, what's his fair market value? IMO, you're looking at around 28 mil for fair market value.
Well when discovering one's worth you have to factor in a few things........

1) Age
2) Upside
3) Progress
4) Leadership
5)Skill
6) His peers
7)inflation

We can call him inconsistent(who wasn't last season?) or whatever we want but the fact is his stats say he was one of the better players in the league last year. Factor in he's only 26 years old. Factor in his ceiling and what he means to this locker room. That's worth more than 28 million especially when you see what Goff and Wentz got.

Let's also understand a few things. Free agency is the home of overpaying. That's just what it is. You don't have to like it but ultimately when you re-sign a guy you are overpaying unless you have a situation where you re-sign a guy too early like we did with Scandrick and Tyrone Crawford in the past and how we are doing with Jaylon Smith now.

SSoup

Reaction score
I mean, he is disrespecting him. But that's the job of a General Manager, to advocate against his own players in order to pay them as little as he can get away with while walking a fine enough line to keep from disrespecting/offending the player to the point where the player turns on the team and makes up their mind to go to another team and prove us wrong. Go read up on what salary arbitration hearings in baseball are sometimes like, and everything we see in football becomes quaint and cute in comparison.

It's only odd because Jerry as an owner is often in the business of selling tickets and merchandise and pumping up his team as a P.R. or marketing entity. His jobs conflict with each other and it's a big part of why he's so worthless as a General Manager. He often concedes any leverage with his players thanks to blowing so much sunshine up their butts when he's in Cheerleader Marketing mode.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Jerry Jones is disrespecting the WHOLE Cowboys Nation, what's another "eh" QB

:cool:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
How else do you show respect to your players? Surely it’s not by lowballing them:
so it was said they offered like 34 million per... you think that is low balling? Respect, how about the fact Jerry does as much or more for his players as any owner in the league? How about the fact Jerry has taken care of players in need long after they have left the game? How about the fact he built the premiere training facility that all former and current players have unlimited access to? Im not sure how much more Jerry can do for his players.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Jerry Jones is disrespecting the WHOLE Cowboys Nation, what's another "eh" QB

:cool:
I feel your disgust. But I don't think it's always about Jerry. The media has a tendency of putting words in Jerry's mouth just so they have something to write about. And what better bait than Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys.

kskboys

Reaction score
I mean, he is disrespecting him. But that's the job of a General Manager, to advocate against his own players in order to pay them as little as he can get away with while walking a fine enough line to keep from disrespecting/offending the player to the point where the player turns on the team and makes up their mind to go to another team and prove us wrong. Go read up on what salary arbitration hearings in baseball are sometimes like, and everything we see in football becomes quaint and cute in comparison.

It's only odd because Jerry as an owner is often in the business of selling tickets and merchandise and pumping up his team as a P.R. or marketing entity. His jobs conflict with each other and it's a big part of why he's so worthless as a General Manager. He often concedes any leverage with his players thanks to blowing so much sunshine up their butts when he's in Cheerleader Marketing mode.
No, he's not disrespecting him. The offer they made him last preseason was actually high, considering about where Dak is ranked as a QB, currently in the 8-15 range somewhere. Jerry did not have to negotiate, and did so anyway. That's loads of respect, the exact opposite of what you're claiming.

Where does this "disrespect" crapp come from? It doesn't make sense.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well when discovering one's worth you have to factor in a few things........

1) Age
2) Upside
3) Progress
4) Leadership
5)Skill
6) His peers
7)inflation

We can call him inconsistent(who wasn't last season?) or whatever we want but the fact is his stats say he was one of the better players in the league last year. Factor in he's only 26 years old. Factor in his ceiling and what he means to this locker room. That's worth more than 28 million especially when you see what Goff and Wentz got.

Let's also understand a few things. Free agency is the home of overpaying. That's just what it is. You don't have to like it but ultimately when you re-sign a guy you are overpaying unless you have a situation where you re-sign a guy too early like we did with Scandrick and Tyrone Crawford in the past and how we are doing with Jaylon Smith now.
Of course.

Logic slots him right below Wilson. Wilson got around 35 mil/season. So, why is 30 mil/season unfair? It really appears to be right in line w/ what he should be getting, w/ the fact that he's in the FA market taken into consideration.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Of course.

Logic slots him right below Wilson. Wilson got around 35 mil/season. So, why is 30 mil/season unfair? It really appears to be right in line w/ what he should be getting, w/ the fact that he's in the FA market taken into consideration.
Wilson got 35 and had won a SB and just missed his 2nd SB title because of a stupid play call. We can only pray Dak has the kind of success Wilson has had.... and Wilson got paid BECAUSE and AFTER that kind of success. Could you imagine if Romo had said... nah bruh, I want to be paid what i want, and I might skip out on showing my face until I get it?

kskboys

Reaction score
Wilson got 35 and had won a SB and just missed his 2nd SB title because of a stupid play call. We can only pray Dak has the kind of success Wilson has had.... and Wilson got paid BECAUSE and AFTER that kind of success. Could you imagine if Romo had said... nah bruh, I want to be paid what i want, and I might skip out on showing my face until I get it?
I'm really not understanding why people think Dak should get more than Wilson. Strange stuff. And I like Dak.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wentz beat Dak with a bunch of practice squad players. Did you ask a trick question?
One game makes a career?

Wentz is 2-5 against Dallas and Dak, and he has anj overall record of 32-24 and Dak has an overall record of 40-24.