Video: Fox: Bucky Brooks: 'Jerry Jones is disrespecting Dak'

kskboys

Reaction score
So are you saying the Joneses were ready to give Dak Wentz and Goff money, but Dak said, "No!"?:huh:
They offered him 30 mil plus per season last preseason. Dak turned them down. It was a public negotiation, just look it up.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's your right my friend.
Not the first time I've been wrong.
It's more like, I disagree w/ that way of thinking. Just because Wilson got 35 mil, it does not follow that Dak deserves it also.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
30 mil/season is not lowballing!!!!!!!!!!!
Anytime you don’t give a player his worth it’s a lowball. If you don’t value him enough to give him market value than let him walk. Don’t hold this team hostage. Move on and go find his replacement. Jerry is too afraid to do that in fear of him going to another team and having success.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Bucky Brooks: 'Jerry Jones is disrespecting Dak' (VIDEO)

Bucky Brooks share his thoughts on reports the Dallas Cowboys plan to use franchise tag on Dak Prescott. Bucky says Dak is being disrespected in this contact negotiation. Do you agree?

Read Full Story

Lets do a little review. The Cowboys made an offer to Prescott just before the start of the 2019 season. Prescott declined it and then told the Cowboys that he did not want to negotiate during the season and wanted to just concentrate of football. The Cowboys agreed and said when the season is over have your agent contact us to negotiate. Prescott's agent, Todd France only contact was to say Prescott wants the offer made to the Cowboys that the Cowboys rejected when they made their offer just before the season started. So it appears that Prescott's agent doesn't want to negotiate so the only thing the Cowboys can do to protect their QB is to then place the nonexclusive franchise tag on Prescott. This IS NOT disrespecting Prescott, it's the Cowboys protecting their ability to get a deal done with Prescott.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Anytime you don’t give a player his worth it’s a lowball. If you don’t value him enough to give him market value than let him walk. Don’t hold this team hostage. Move on and go find his replacement. Jerry is too afraid to do that in fear of him going to another team and having success.

Who decides the players worth? The player? Market value - you mean paying the going price for QB's, like Wilson and Rodgers? QB's that have won Super Bowls? Is market value paying more than QB's with Super Bowl wins? Or is market value paying Prescott what other QB's that haven't won Super Bowls?

Your idea of low balling because the Cowboys didn't offer Prescott as much as QB's that have won Super Bowls is ridiculous at best.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Who decides the players worth? The player? Market value - you mean paying the going price for QB's, like Wilson and Rodgers? QB's that have won Super Bowls? Is market value paying more than QB's with Super Bowl wins? Or is market value paying Prescott what other QB's that haven't won Super Bowls?

Your idea of low balling because the Cowboys didn't offer Prescott as much as QB's that have won Super Bowls is ridiculous at best.
Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson got their deals years ago. The market got reset with Wentz and Goff.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Bucky Brooks: 'Jerry Jones is disrespecting Dak' (VIDEO)

0204_sfy_dak_1280x720_1693484611505.vresize.1200.630.high.16.jpg

Bucky Brooks share his thoughts on reports the Dallas Cowboys plan to use franchise tag on Dak Prescott. Bucky says Dak is being disrespected in this contact negotiation. Do you agree?

Read Full Story
How about we look at it this way= Dak is disrespecting the other members of the team pretending he is worth 18% of the salary cap!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson got their deals years ago. The market got reset with Wentz and Goff.

Maybe you should spend more time actually researching what you're TRYING to talk about. Wilson, Wentz and Goff ALL signed their new contracts last off season. Rodgers did sign his the year before. Why is it that both Wilson and Rodgers got bigger contracts than the other two - because they have Super Bowl wins as starting QB's under their belts. Please go way with this idea that the market value for QB's that haven't won a Super Bowl is as high as QB's that have.

T-RO

Reaction score
Truth is no one besides Jerry, Dak and his agent know what's going on. The rest is just ancillary noise. Everything right now is just speculation and hot gas

Exactly. How can clowns make declarations when they don't know the numbers/terms that have been put forth?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I am actually in admiration of their restraint. I thought for sure last offseason that he would be locked in by now.

That said, I am a little confused by their decisions since then. In particular the decision to extend Jaylon Smith.

A logical plan would be not putting the QB to the back of the line and sign an offline LB before him.

Let me be clear, I am putting myself in the Joneses shoes. If they love the player as much as they say they do, then do it. I don't necessarily share that opinion.

Just one of the pitfalls of having a negotiation play out in public versus privately.

One thing to notice, the Cowboys prefer to have things quiet and announce on their own terms.

The recent big signing of Elliott suggests that agents are getting a little more aggressive with the Cowboys.

This could be an agent thing with Prescott too. In fact, I think it is exactly that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe you should spend more time actually researching what you're TRYING to talk about. Wilson, Wentz and Goff ALL signed their new contracts last off season. Rodgers did sign his the year before. Why is it that both Wilson and Rodgers got bigger contracts than the other two - because they have Super Bowl wins as starting QB's under their belts. Please go way with this idea that the market value for QB's that haven't won a Super Bowl is as high as QB's that have.
Go do your own research. Wilson signed his contract before Wentz.

Also go google inflation too. If you want to be disrespectful we can do that. If you want to actually debate we can do that too.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Yea he won with Brett and Aaron Rodgers. They were not good at all
So..

McCarthy had nothing to do with developing them?

Yes, Dak can gain from him but so might another QB and not have to sink so much cap into the QB position.

So much has been invested already into the offense to help Dak and still he has struggled.

Now more is needed for Dak?

I say no. He needs to show more for me to be assured. The big thing for me is having seen some very good QB play in Dallas.

I have seen surges followed by regression game after game, season after season.

This is not a healthy sign pointing up with Dak. He has flatlined every other year. Can that be fixed?

I do not know.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
So..

McCarthy had nothing to do with developing them?

Yes, Dak can gain from him but so might another QB and not have to sink so much cap into the QB position.

So much has been invested already into the offense to help Dak and still he has struggled.

Now more is needed for Dak?

I say no. He needs to show more for me to be assured. The big thing for me is having seen some very good QB play in Dallas.

I have seen surges followed by regression game after game, season after season.

This is not a healthy sign pointing up with Dak. He has flatlined every other year. Can that be fixed?

I do not know.
More than JG.......

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Go do your own research. Wilson signed his contract before Wentz.

Also go google inflation too. If you want to be disrespectful we can do that. If you want to actually debate we can do that too.

Quit trying to split tiny hairs. You first said that Rodgers and Wilson signed their new contracts YEARS (plural) before Wentz and Goff BUT it turned out that Wilson signed his new contract in the same off season as Wentz and Goff. Now Ridgers signed his ONE year before so neither actually signed their new contract YEARS (plural) apart. Next you made a big deal that, wait I'll quote you "Wilson signed his contract before Wentz" and then "Also go google inflation too" . Now using your logic then Wentz contract should be larger than Wilson's because Wilson signed first setting the market but we both know that Russell contract is larger than bioth Wentz and Goff. In fact Wentz contract is for less than Rodgers who sign the year before.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/quarterback/

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Quit trying to split tiny hairs. You first said that Rodgers and Wilson signed their new contracts YEARS (plural) before Wentz and Goff BUT it turned out that Wilson signed his new contract in the same off season as Wentz and Goff. Now Ridgers signed his ONE year before so neither actually signed their new contract YEARS (plural) apart. Next you made a big deal that, wait I'll quote you "Wilson signed his contract before Wentz" and then "Also go google inflation too" . Now using your logic then Wentz contract should be larger than Wilson's because Wilson signed first setting the market but we both know that Russell contract is larger than bioth Wentz and Goff. In fact Wentz contract is for less than Rodgers who sign the year before.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/quarterback/

I was wrong on years. Well I was wrong on Russ. Aaron signed his two years ago plural. Russ still signed before and my point still remains. Wentz signed last year and Dak has far more in common with Wentz and Goff than he does Russ and Rodgers.

And why would Wentz sign higher than Russ? He’s not the caliber of Russ or Rodgers. If he had a ring or was more healthy he’d have signed for 40 million.