News: Fox: Cowboys shouldn't focus on quarterback during 2021 draft, Troy Aikman says

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don't know why people always hide behind that you're Internet tough. I would say the same thing in your face in a similar circumstance. We just aren't face to face and that doesn't make me a tough guy at all. If that's "tough" you must live a super nice privileged life.

The Rams game was close so no expletive. Mentioning that game is just bad faith on your part. Hell your whole argument is bad faith. Using your bogus logic we were never down big in any of the games late in the second half. When you're trying that I know you're being disingenuous. Funny the one game when it was close the whole game Dak put up normal numbers. Asking me silly questions like the Cleveland game is why I called you "names" in the first place. When did I say you shouldn't try to score points? I'm under no illusion though being down by 2/3 tds in the fourth is ideal to winning. As long as Dak gets close y'all want to hype it up though. Don't blame me because I'm a believer of if Dak is sooo good they wouldn't go on these long stretches of not scoring if he's soo top 5-10 like y'all claim.

Tl:DR take your stolen from someone's twitter post logic and stuff it. Nobody will hit me over the head like we weren't down big in most of,these games like I didn't watch them.
Lmao, ok man. Have a great day.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Both Jerry and Stephen have already stated they won't be in the market for a QB on draft day.

In the past, they haven't been hesitant to divulge their intentions for their draft well in advance.

It's not like I believe everything they say nor should you, but in this case, I'm confident it's true.

For whatever reason, they're both extremely attached to Dak and are likely to follow their plan.

Last edited:

Johnny23

Reaction score
lol...Dan Marino didn't win a superbowl either
but of course you miss both ways, you don't know what Lawerence will be in the NFL, you know you have a qb in Dak. stupid to waste a high pick, when you can get multiple high prospects
Nothing's a guarantee. I just feel with the Cowboys Marino wins Super Bowls.

dfense

Reaction score
Who cares what Troy has to say? Maybe there's a TE like LaFleur available, eh Troy?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikman became a Prescott convert after saying accuracy couldn't be fixed. He watched him work on his craft and devote the necessary time to get better.

Aikman also realizes something else, and don't get me wrong as I am an Aikman fan. There are quite a few QB's that could have gotten those rings with that team just as there are other QB's that could have gotten rings for the 70's Steelers and 80's Niners because the teams were constructed so well.

Aikman, Bradshaw and Montana were allowed to execute and manage the offense and had all of the tools they needed including great defenses.

Aikman believes Prescott is good enough if the others around him are as well. I agree with him. My problem is this team doesn't have the same talented people that built those other teams and who knows how they'd do in the era of FA?

I think there is another element to this for Troy. He really likes and respects Dak and can only imagine what he's going through laid up and all of this talk about replacing him.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I believe he would have with our beloved Cowboys brother. I always have.

I dunno man.. You may recall that beginning in 1983 our defense started to get pretty old and were getting worked pretty regularly. Marino played with MUCH better defenses in his yearly days in Miami and was not able to get it done. Marino had the #1 scoring defense in '83 and #7 scoring defense in '84. Then #4 in '90, #10 in '95 and #1 again in '98. A top 10 scoring defense 6 times in his career including #1 twice.. And no rings.. The Cowboys highest ranking was #9 in '84 then 14,18,18,25,24,15.. In that same stretch the Phish went 1,7,12,26,16,24,22,4. So we were bottom half defense for most of the mid to late 80's.. until we started a run of 5,2,3,3,3, 13,3,4 from 1992- 1999. I think we generally did okay in those years despite no Marino. Marino played opposite a top 10 defense 3 times in his first 8 years and won nothing. I liked Marino, but I really thought he brought a lot of the problems with the Dolphins on himself. Dude never saw a down and distance he didn't think was a passing down. He had multiple guys capable of putting up 1000 yard seasons (Troy Stradford, Tony Nathan, Lo Hampton, Sammie Smith, Mark Higgs, Bobby Humphrey) in his run but generally refused to use them. He was just never patient with running the ball.. and that worked against him. And the team. I always say what finally earned John Elway his rings is that he learned how to hand the ball off.. Marino never learned that lesson..

Dre11

Reaction score
Nothing's a guarantee. I just feel with the Cowboys Marino wins Super Bowls.

that's why you don't take a chance on a young guy that you have no idea as out vs a guy you know you can win with.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Aikman became a Prescott convert after saying accuracy couldn't be fixed. He watched him work on his craft and devote the necessary time to get better.

Aikman also realizes something else, and don't get me wrong as I am an Aikman fan. There are quite a few QB's that could have gotten those rings with that team just as there are other QB's that could have gotten rings for the 70's Steelers and 80's Niners because the teams were constructed so well.

Aikman, Bradshaw and Montana were allowed to execute and manage the offense and had all of the tools they needed including great defenses.

Aikman believes Prescott is good enough if the others around him are as well. I agree with him. My problem is this team doesn't have the same talented people that built those other teams and who knows how they'd do in the era of FA?

I think there is another element to this for Troy. He really likes and respects Dak and can only imagine what he's going through laid up and all of this talk about replacing him.

Troy has always been a Prescott fan.. Even when he has been critical of Dak's alleged accuracy issues he has always maintained that Dak was good enough to win with. I think what he saw much of last year and all of this year finally got him to back off the whole accuracy thing.. Dak was throwin dimes out there. I know it's hard for some to accept but he now throws the ball about as well as anybody going. No he does not have the strongest arm in the league but it's strong enough. No he does not make behind the back or no look passes like Mahomes.. but here's a clue, neither does anyone else and you don't need that to win. He does not control the game with his mind the way Rodgers does but he's getting there. He is not as quick afoot as Russ, who is able to use that quickness to escape the pocket and create throwing lanes.. but being 4 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier.. he doesn't have to be. One of the hallmarks of great QBs to me is what they do when they have a pass rush all over them.. Can they stand in there, take the hits and still deliver strikes? Frankly up until this season Dak generally wasn't that guy. He was like just about every QB that ever played.. If you put pressure on him his production dropped way off and he struggled to make the necessary reads and throws to make defenses pay for bringing too many guys. But we all saw him evolve into a different guy this year. By virtue of falling behind we were forced to abandon the run for long stretches and let defense pin their ears back and come after him with abandon. Then sprinkle in that his line was hot garbage most of the year we got to see Dak standing in the pocket, with guys hanging off him, hands in his face and delivering strikes time and again. That's when I saw it.. and by it I mean championship level QB play. That's a guy you can win with. It wasn't just the gaudy numbers.. though they were nice.. It was how they were accomplished. People talk all the time about the defenses playing soft .. Maybe there is something to that from a coverage standpoint.. but I guarantee you the front 7 weren't playing soft. Those guys were coming after Dak through our Swiss Cheese offensive line like sharks after chum. And even the coverages stop being soft once you cut the lead to one score.. which Dak and the offense were able to do in every single game. Including retaking the lead after falling behind in 4 of his 5 starts. If the defense holds the team is 4-1 coming out of the Giants game.. Maybe 5-0 if they hold Cleveland at the end. It just would have been nice to see what the team would have looked like with the defense playing as it has these past two weeks early in the season. But alas it was not to be.. Maybe next year. If what we are now seeing becomes the norm for the defense under Nolan I'm callin 13 wins next year right now. Our offense is just going to keep getting better and I have to believe that the turnover bug will have been eradicated from us.. Dak healthy, line healthy.. defense giving up say 20 ppg instead of 30? Yeah.. 13-3 sounds about right.

cern

Reaction score
the gm wannabe continues to talk. i think he's tired of his tv announcing job and has been subtly auditioning for a gm job for a few years now. he's good at stating the obvious. he totally blew it last year when he said accuracy couldn't be taught. i think he's jealous of guys like lynch, ozzie newsome and other players who went on to become outstanding gm's after their playing days ended. and he seems particularly jealous of john elway who runs things at denver. thank god he quit on his dream of becoming a country western singer. oklahoma boys on an oklahoma night still wakes me up in the middle of the night gagging.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
It’s all going to come down to Daks demands. Not to mention the shrinking of the salary cap.