Video: Fox: Skip Bayless: Cowboys' free agency has been disappointing and disastrous

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Prefer skip any day over smith and others who just want to talk civil rights. Skip loves the cowboys and is very entertaining

Honestly, I really don't like many of these shows. They are all too far away from the actual sports to me but I guess this is what the networks believe works.

Rayman70

Reaction score
ET is way in the rear view folks. Lets stop punishing ourselves over the idea. It aint happening and likely for several reasons. I trust Dallas as to why they haven't brought him in. Think, if there was ANY shot in the dark at all that ET could help us they would have done it way before now. He clearly isnt the same guy physically or emotionally. NEXT.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Prefer skip any day over smith and others who just want to talk civil rights. Skip loves the cowboys and is very entertaining
SAS and Skip Clueless along with Cowturd are posters boys for Talking Heads without a clue just trying to get clicks from the clueless.

ESisback

Reaction score
This is all so predictable. Some TV pundit ratchets up the drama for rating$. If it’s positives, the Rah Rah’s cheer, and call him a spot on genius. If it’s negative, the perpetual Eeyores gobble it up.

My take is in the middle—no real “difference makers”, big names, “splash” moves, etc., BUT...they added a decent veteran starter at S, and depth on the DL at a good price. They may add another, then 11draft picks, so no, I don’t choose to buy Skippy’s handwringing nonsense. I’d rather hold off on the judgemental temper tantrums.

Rayman70

Reaction score
This is all so predictable. Some TV pundit ratchets up the drama for rating$. If it’s positives, the Rah Rah’s cheer, and call him a spot on genius. If it’s negative, the perpetual Eeyores gobble it up.

My take is in the middle—no real “difference makers”, big names, “splash” moves, etc., BUT...they added a decent veteran starter at S, and depth on the DL at a good price. They may add another, then 11draft picks, so no, I don’t choose to buy Skippy’s handwringing nonsense. I’d rather hold off on the judgemental temper tantrums.
even when he praises Dallas I pay no attention because in the end, it dont matter.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You may be right but Thomas is better than what they currently have and he is affordable it seems

Thomas has been sitting on his couch for a year. He's affordable for the same reason I'm affordable - no team wants him.

This isn't 2015.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You - "Skip, I forgot to grab some milk at the store."
Skip - "I'll never eat Kraft Macaroni and Cheese ever again. This is the most disastrous grocery run in the history of this world or any other that may or may not exist."
Sadly, he has become a drama queen.

cowboyec

Reaction score
bull.
the ot from buffalo he keeps putting down is a solid player....but he now wears ☆ so they pretend he isn't.

de/lb tarrell basham is a solid signing.
young versatile pass rusher.
good player coming out of ohio.
he's raw and just scratching the surface.
but he now wears ☆ so they pretend he isn't.

i like the 2 DTs and think they can help and funny how they never mentioned in their rants today that Keanu Neal was a pro bowler.
good signing.
versatile defender.
better than what we had back there...and funny that other teams also were interested in signing him and moving him to LB.
funny no mention of that.

this off season will be judged by 3 things.
1.Dak
2.did we correctly re-sign and not re-sign the right guys.
3.as always....the draft.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Very accurate assessment. No impact defensive players and missed opportunities on some good stars out there . Typical **** show FO penny pinching on defense .

Wow. Can't express anything without the vulgarities. As 99% of youtubers I don't follow.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
If anyone of you actually listen to Skip, that’s on you. He’s no better than Stephen A. Smith.

Hey Dude, that’s Mr. Stephen A Smith to you...lol. He is the only national media talking head that calls out Jerry and the FO’s incompetence. And he does not mince words when he does it. He calls them an overhyped marketing machine that pretends it is a legit football team and contender. We should pray for 10 more like him in the media to shame Jerry in to running a real football team with a real GM and Personnel guy instead of a couple of wannabe hillbillies. Tell me where Stephen A is wrong ? He calls the organization out as the mediocre pretenders they are. Yah, I said it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

giphy-downsized-large.gif

rambo2

Reaction score
Lol. It could be a disaster if all of the new guys get hurt or it could be a slam dunk if none of them get hurt. Who the hell knows?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Warren Buffett: Don't worry about the stocks you *didn't* buy, worry about the ones you did buy.

It's simply dumb to call free agency a disaster when all the signings have been cheap and with some potential. It's a disaster if you spend your wad on bad players. We haven't. There's no disaster. Not even close.

I agree about the ET talk. I'm surprised it has taken so long to start up. Dallas has got to be the most likely spot for ET to land. Maybe we're holding off because we want to sign another FS, and want them to believe they're assured of getting the starting spot. Also, we sure no one else will want ET, so we'll let him dangle a while to get his salary demands down.

Instead of cheating out on ET, I'd pay him reasonably *for starts*. Have a big bonus for a Pro Bowl. I think it's possible, and I bet ET thinks it is *likely*. Give him an extra chunk of gold to shoot for.

Pay for performance. That's how you get more performance out of a guy like that. Don't just try to squeeze him because he has limited options. That will leave him bitter and underperforming.