Video: FOX: Skip Bayless: Jerry Jones is protecting Dak's image by keeping negotiations quiet

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
This will get done before April 6th. If they have to franchise him in the mean time, no big deal. Prolly looking at a $35M/year once the ink dries.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Pulease. Jerry or Stephen are the ones likely releasing the figures about their offer to Dak.
It's an attempt to make him look greedy. How dare you not take less than Goff and Wentz?
Go get your money, Dak. If the Cowboys are stupid enough to pay you that much, that's on them.

What would be the point of that though tyke? I kinda don't see the logic in what I think you are suggesting here. The reason Dak is still standing at the table is because Jerry has refused to play hard ball with him, to this point. Jerry sees Dak as the face of his team but what does that really mean? It means money for Jerry and why would he want to create a villain of Dak? That basically devalues the product and then any investment in Dak, in the way of the contract, goes out the window. No, I don't think this about paying Dak less then Goff or Wentz. I think the offer on the table is better then what either of those guy got paid, to be honest. I don't agree with that but I believe that's what Jerry has offered. I think this is all about the term of the deal.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I never had a problem with Dak the man. Just Dak the QB.

After all this Risen was spot on when he called him something along the lines of a scumbag or dirtbag. I thought risen was just tripping even though Dak was a below average QB.

Now I see it. And I really dislike him. Die hard fan or not. I don't think I can root for him even if he gets paid because I see the greed.

Still love the boys and will still want us to win it all. But I'll now officially will be praying for his downfall.

I personally just didn't want him paid. Wouldn't root for him to suck, if we were stuck. But now, I'll love to see it.

#DontpayDak
One of the dumbest things ever written on CZ.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I don't love France but I honestly don't have a problem with him in all of this. I mean, he is what he is and everybody knows who he is. Dak knew who he was when he hired him. This agent is doing exactly what Dak wanted him to do and Dak is trying to avoid the bad image stuff that comes along with demanding the type of deal his agent is demanding because Dak wants both sides of the Sandwich. He wants a clean image so the endorsements keep on rolling in, the TV interviews etc., while still landing a record deal and getting a short term to go along with that so they can be back at the table in a couple of years. I mean, I don't know about you but I seriously don't want to be doing this again in a few years but you know what, that's what's going to happen if the team doesn't hold firm.
Well said

ondaedg

Reaction score
Absolutely mind boggling that people can draw a conclusion about a man's character because he is trying to get the best deal possible.

These character attacks on a guy who has said virtually nothing are lammmme. Boohoo he is exercising his right as an American to negotiate his wage with his employer.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Skip Bayless: Jerry Jones is protecting Dak Prescott's image by keeping negotiations quiet (VIDEO)

A second offer has been presented to Dak Prescott, but the Dallas Cowboys QB has reportedly turned it down. Hear what Skip Bayless has to say about why Jerry Jones is purposely keeping the public in the dark about this issue.

Read Full Story

First Ship admits he knows nothing about this and this is PURE SPECULATION.

AND

Oh boy another Prescott thread to rehash the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised by the gouging Dak and his agent are doing,,, up until now he's carried himself well (off the field).
Today, everything is about getting paid. I swear some people seem to care more about that than the game or their team.

If he took less for the good of the team, a segment of people would attack him for that, too.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak continues to tarnish his own image with greed.

I disagree..

I don’t blame Dak for this.. I blame Dallas for being the nice guy and playing the little back and forth game that they will inevitably cave in on and give Dak whatever he wants..

The Dallas Cowboys are cowards in negotiations and they let players take them to the shed.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Absolutely mind boggling that people can draw a conclusion about a man's character because he is trying to get the best deal possible.

These character attacks on a guy who has said virtually nothing are lammmme. Boohoo he is exercising his right as an American to negotiate his wage with his employer.

Why is it mind boggling? I'm pretty sure we've seen the exact same thing done to Jerry for years simply because he is trying to negotiate the best deals on behalf of the team. Was it also mind boggling then? I think you gotta be careful about how you lay this out. Dak is not blameless in all of this. If you want to say that there is nothing wrong with Dak wanting to get the best deal he can, that's cool. I don't have an issue there but don't paint him out to be blameless in the entire thing if that's what you truly believe and don't paint Jerry as the greedy old rich owner who is only trying to screw poor Dak. It's only fair, to me, to call it for what it is. To me, this is what it is.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Fans have every right to be upset..

These contracts absolutely crush your teams chances of winning a Super Bowl and Dak is gonna squeeze every penny out of this deal that he can.

It’s the Cowboys fault for allowing him to do this and playing his game. They are offering him more money then he is worth as a QB and he’s turning it down because he knows they are negotiating cowards and will cave to whatever he wants.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Why is it mind boggling? I'm pretty sure we've seen the exact same thing done to Jerry for years simply because he is trying to negotiate the best deals on behalf of the team. Was it also mind boggling then? I think you gotta be careful about how you lay this out. Dak is not blameless in all of this. If you want to say that there is nothing wrong with Dak wanting to get the best deal he can, that's cool. I don't have an issue there but don't paint him out to be blameless in the entire thing if that's what you truly believe and don't paint Jerry as the greedy old rich owner who is only trying to screw poor Dak. It's only fair, to me, to call it for what it is. To me, this is what it is.

Point to where I said anything about Jerry. And Dak is 1000% blameless. He didn't rob Jerry at gunpoint. He didn't break into your house and steal your tv. He hired an agent to negotiate his income on his behalf. It's legal and ethical in a free market society and he will get what the market says he's worth. That is how America works and the fact you take this personal is sad.

Proof

Reaction score
Fans have every right to be upset..

These contracts absolutely crush your teams chances of winning a Super Bowl and Dak is gonna squeeze every penny out of this deal that he can.

It’s the Cowboys fault for allowing him to do this and playing his game. They are offering him more money then he is worth as a QB and he’s turning it down because he knows they are negotiating cowards and will cave to whatever he wants.

it's the cowboys fault that they didn't do more while paying him a pittance. now it's his turn. they are not offering more than he's worth, and that's the real issue. the are offering more than you're comfortable paying him, sure, but he's definitely worth what they're negotiating. what we'd hope for is that he'd take a reasonable deal to make other moves easier, but make no mistake, he's worth it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Point to where I said anything about Jerry. And Dak is 1000% blameless. He didn't rob Jerry at gunpoint. He didn't break into your house and steal your tv. He hired an agent to negotiate his income on his behalf. It's legal and ethical in a free market society and he will get what the market says he's worth. That is how America works and the fact you take this personal is sad.

I never said you did. I said don't do that. You get that right? Nobody broke into your house either. What's your point? This isn't your money, don't get all hurt over people having opinions. Both are legal and both are inethical if you want to know the truth but that's how business is done. Let me just clue you in, everybody gets it, but I've seen you post many times and there is definitely a flavor to your position here. If you really want to know how America works, don't try and use the NFL to teach it. The NFL doesn't work the same way America works. You know that right?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
it's the cowboys fault that they didn't do more while paying him a pittance. now it's his turn. they are not offering more than he's worth, and that's the real issue. the are offering more than you're comfortable paying him, sure, but he's definitely worth what they're negotiating. what we'd hope for is that he'd take a reasonable deal to make other moves easier, but make no mistake, he's worth it.

How do you know this? The only real way to prove this is to let him hit the open market. I personally don't believe any team would offer him more then the Cowboys would but I have no proof of that because he hasn't hit the open market.

Plankton

Reaction score
While I wouldn't pay Prescott that kind of money, I don't hold it against players to ask for whatever they can get. They have a limited shelf life to maximize their earnings, and they should use the hammer when they get it. At the end of the day, the team has to be willing to pay the contract to a player. The players can't sign themselves to a contract.

I would hope that they collectively can figure out a deal where the ability to field a competent team around him is possible, because Prescott is not a generational talent who can make chicken salad out of chicken feathers.