Video: FOX: Skip Bayless: Jerry Jones is protecting Dak's image by keeping negotiations quiet

CWR

Reaction score
I never had a problem with Dak the man. Just Dak the QB.

After all this Risen was spot on when he called him something along the lines of a scumbag or dirtbag. I thought risen was just tripping even though Dak was a below average QB.

Now I see it. And I really dislike him. Die hard fan or not. I don't think I can root for him even if he gets paid because I see the greed.

Still love the boys and will still want us to win it all. But I'll now officially will be praying for his downfall.

I personally just didn't want him paid. Wouldn't root for him to suck, if we were stuck. But now, I'll love to see it.

#DontpayDak

Meh

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How dare Dak ask for 35 million a year from an owner whose team is worth billions!!
Guess I fail to see the point of an owner being worth billions if he can only spend so much on the team.
I'm sorry but having to be the top paid QB, when your clearly not the top QB is just plain greed and no giving a poo about fielding a winning football team around you.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's no different with them either......then they pretty much retired.
I hear you. It's frustrating realizing today's players are all about trying to get away with as much money as they can no matter if it hurts the team and their chances of building or keeping together a playoff talented team.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

After all this Risen was spot on when he called him something along the lines of a scumbag or dirtbag. I thought risen was just tripping even though Dak was a below average QB.

Now I see it. And I really dislike him. Die hard fan or not. I don't think I can root for him even if he gets paid because I see the greed.

Still love the boys and will still want us to win it all. But I'll now officially will be praying for his downfall.

I personally just didn't want him paid. Wouldn't root for him to suck, if we were stuck. But now, I'll love to see it.

#DontpayDak

Dak is living a dream which he knows only fate and ill fate at that brought him where he is today!
He will use everything including personal family losses for his image.
Dude is selling duds and here's hoping Jerry and family don't buy the lemons.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Dak is living a dream which he knows only fate and ill fate at that brought him where he is today!
He will use everything including personal family losses for his image.
Dude is selling duds and here's hoping Jerry and family don't buy the lemons.

Agreed.

#DontpayDak

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

#DontpayDak

I can't pray for his downfall because he's unfortunately about to be our disgustingly high paid franchise QB but, yeah... I'd give up a series of 1st round picks to get rid of him. Can not stand the player.

dwreck27

Reaction score
How dare Dak ask for 35 million a year from an owner whose team is worth billions!!
Yeah jerry made billions before Dak... and will make more money with or without Dak

Dak can set himself up to be paid till the day he dies if he can win a super bowl or two. He will always be held in folk story level of bringing us back after decades of Mediocrity and humiliation.

but instead like most they only see what’s in front of them and not able to project

irving

Reaction score
Dak has right to make whatever amount of money the market says he’s worth. Not one person here is qualified to say what that amount is. As for tarnishing his image, I’m sure his image was tarnished with a lot of posters the minute he became the cowboys starting quarterback. It’s laughable the amount of anger that the average person will exert when a athlete is negotiating a contract.

cern

Reaction score
I have said for months that dealing with dak would be problematic. And that signing him might become impossible. It's looking like we'll have to tag him and bag him while we make plans for the next franchise qb of the cowboys future.