Video: FoxSports: Can Cowboys win a Super Bowl with Dak Prescott?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think Romo was a better quarterback than Dak and I didn't think Romo would lead Dallas to a Superbowl...I think Dak needs everything around him to be very good to elite for Dak to lead the team to a Superbowl....I don't think Dak is a bad quarterback by any means, I just think his ability limits him and he has reached his ceiling...
QBs dont lead teams to SB's. If anything, coaches lead teams to SB's. Its not a QB's job to win games.

QB's dont need, TEAMS need. Coaches need.

NO different for Aikman, Staubach, Mahomes, Brady, ect....ect..... You dont think those guys werent surrounded by great players?

Now how is a guy like Romo or Dak going to beat a Mahomes or Brady with great coaching? Well yah, you better have a better team around Dak than they do. Thats just common sense.

The problem in Dallas has been that Jerry hasnt been a good enough GM to build a championship caliber team. And when its close, he typically has bad coaching leading them.

Blaming the QB's is not understanding the game of football. Now you want to blame the QB in SF? That would be more logical. But you actually cant blame Purdy for getting hurt.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
QBs dont lead teams to SB's. If anything, coaches lead teams to SB's. Its not a QB's job to win games.

QB's dont need, TEAMS need. Coaches need.

NO different for Aikman, Staubach, Mahomes, Brady, ect....ect..... You dont think those guys werent surrounded by great players?

Now how is a guy like Romo or Dak going to beat a Mahomes or Brady with great coaching? Well yah, you better have a better team around Dak than they do. Thats just common sense.

The problem in Dallas has been that Jerry hasnt been a good enough GM to build a championship caliber team. And when its close, he typically has bad coaching leading them.

Blaming the QB's is not understanding the game of football. Now you want to blame the QB in SF? That would be more logical. But you actually cant blame Purdy for getting hurt.
Dak fans continue to try and downplay the importance of the QB position to protect this bum of a QB.

GMO415

Reaction score
If they don't play in the NFC Championship game this upcoming season, it's time to replace Dak. No questions.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I mean ultimately what they said wasn't wrong. He hasn't done it. I did think it was funny though when the point was brought up who would win a SB with this roster Shady brought up Josh Allen who has a better team than the Cowboys and his team keeps falling flat.

But ultimately these guys are right until its done. They pretend like the Buccaneers game didn't happen. They pretend like Dak has thrown turnovers his whole career. It is what it is. These shows aren't ready to have a honest conversation about Dak and this site isn't either. When you are honest about Dak you get labeled a "Dak stan" or "Dak Lover" here. So its whatever.

McMicah

Reaction score
I’d be ok with the Cowboys dropping Dak after this season simply to answer this question: Is Dak Prescott the Demarco Murray of QBs?

Has Dak always looked better than he is because of the talent around him? He’s never had a bottom 50% O-Line. He’s never not had a great WR. At this moment in time, this defense looks like it could win a Super Bowl with Zack Wilson playing qb. Everyone thought Demarco was incredible until he went somewhere else and we realized the Oline made him great.

For me it’s not about how far the cowboys get, but how well Dak plays on their way there. He has consistently lacked the consistency to get even to the NFC Championship.

I like Dak, and really hope he takes us all the way this year, but if not, he’s has too many chances with a legitimately GREAT team to be eating this much cap

phildadon86

Reaction score
The usual suspects that are supposed to be Cowboys fans here to defend one of the guys holding the team back.
No. Just calling you out for your nonsense. I’ve said in other threads Dak needs to fix the INT thing. Don’t try spinning it. You use one year to post about his interceptions but claim to use the whole body of work in analysis. Which is it?

phildadon86

Reaction score
I’d be ok with the Cowboys dropping Dak after this season simply to answer this question: Is Dak Prescott the Demarco Murray of QBs?

Has Dak always looked better than he is because of the talent around him? He’s never had a bottom 50% O-Line. He’s never not had a great WR. At this moment in time, this defense looks like it could win a Super Bowl with Zack Wilson playing qb. Everyone thought Demarco was incredible until he went somewhere else and we realized the Oline made him great.

For me it’s not about how far the cowboys get, but how well Dak plays on their way there. He has consistently lacked the consistency to get even to the NFC Championship.

I like Dak, and really hope he takes us all the way this year, but if not, he’s has too many chances with a legitimately GREAT team to be eating this much cap
They shouldn’t have restructured him. They could have moved on next year with a new coach and new QB instead. Here we are

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Marino was a loser too. As you called him....
In context of this conversation, that's a fair statement.

To bring the conversation back to individual performance though, Marino did get his team to the SB and no one ever once thought he was a "problem" the team had to overcome.

75boyz

Reaction score
Nope. At some point in one of the 3 to 4 post season matchups, Dak's poor decision making in real time will cost the team its opportunity to win. As Bob described it in another post, the mental game of the player is just as important as the physical aspect and this will be what costs the team in Dak's case.

starfan1

Reaction score
You say he's got a good W/L record then go on to say his failures are a team thing lololololololololol

Why any Cowboys "fan" would actively root for a player that brings the team down is beyond me.
why anyone would root for a team that has a QB he hates is beyond me.! Oh wait maybe because hes a Troll!! No maybe to it