Franchise and draft apathy

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
you guys suck

we keep doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.

you fake butt fans, either root for these losers or find a real team. sheesh, fake butt fans piss me off.

Big_D

Reaction score
I love the draft and this time of year in general. So do a lot of people.

But I can't remember a more apathetic and lethargic feeling among the Cowboys fan base this close to the draft.

The a creep of sameness and almost boredom surrounding this team right now. We want that new vette, but we know it's the same ole Honda Accord.

I want the center from Iowa, or the guard from A&M, but honestly, I kind of don't care what they do this year because the end results seem predetermined and inevitable. Rack up wins in a weak division and contend for the playoffs, then fall on their faces.

I hate it because, again, I generally love the draft.

Everyone seems to be counting out the rest of the division. I don’t think it will be the cakewalk it has been.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Did I say that?

The draft is a big speculative guess. It's a fascinating watch to see how it unfolds. But doing "mock" drafts and whatnot is just stupid because every one you see usually falls apart completely in the first 10-15 picks.

And most draft discussion devolves into drivel about who the Saints will take from Boise State in round 3. Utterly pointless discussion.
Thats pretty much what you said lol

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Year after year, fans are relegated to hope and optimism that "this year will be different" only to realize after every season, "It was the same result again."

I think the biggest issue with many fans is that everything has been changed from the head coach down and none of those changes have produced any better results. New coordinator? Same result. New quarterback? Same result. New coach? Same result. The only unchanged variables in the Cowboys equation are team ownership and the front office.

What adds salt to the wounds of many fans is that every year fans have been filled with hope and optimism only to be let down and get nothing in return while the team owners continue to see their revenues climb and their wealth increase due to the Cowboys financial valuation increasing every year.

In other words, fans get misery and disappointment from failed seasons, team ownership gets financially rewarded for them.

Excellent post. You should look into running a message board.

You’re right nothing about the team is the same for me. Not the wins or the loses. Everything is all very nice but not very good. I still check in every day on things but it’s not with the same passion or interest I used to have.

The only time I get those feelings is watching a game on YouTube from back in the day by and remember how nervous I used to get.

Jerry has finally beat me down and I vowed I would never let that happen…but it has.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Excellent post. You should look into running a message board.

You’re right nothing about the team is the same for me. Not the wins or the loses. Everything is all very nice but not very good. I still check in every day on things but it’s not with the same passion or interest I used to have.

The only time I get those feelings is watching a game on YouTube from back in the day and remember how nervous I used to get.

Jerry has finally beat me down and I vowed I would never let that happen…but it has.
well being late is better than never realizing it. The times have changed and never will be the same.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yep, For 10 years it was all Garrett's fault.
Now most fans are seeing the problem runs deeper.
Much deeper.
So the process is still ongoing?????/ :eek:
I just wish fans would not go to the games, if that stadium were half empty, that would really bother jerry, even though he still gets his money.
That is the best protest, dont go to any season games, wait and go to the playoff game if there is one, and it will probably only be one of those.:flagwave:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fans really need to start investing or at least diversifying some of their portfolios into some of the Cowboys sponsors.

It really makes you feel like you’re benefitting from the revenue juggernaut Jethro Jone$ has created. It will help soothe the wounds from their football operations.

Who all took advantage of the free $50 from the cryptocurrency initial buy-in?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I was a fan of this team before the Jones's ....... And I will be a fan of this team long after Jerry is worm food.

But I am not gonna smile and say "oh Jerry you are the best"

Guy is a piece of trash GM and Owner and I will say it everytime it is brought up until he is not.
That's how I feel. Guy wants credit then do something to get it.

Techsass

Reaction score
Definitely. I used to record as much as I could during the college season, referencing lists of prospects. Now I just don't care. Nothing will change with this team. It doesn't matter who they draft.
That's only because the don't draft enough CBs.

fivetwos

Reaction score
won't work but it's fun to post your disdain for this organization.

"How bout dem cowboys"
I haven't given up on miracles yet as some have.

Isn't it unreal that lifelong fans have this ripped away from them all because of Jerry's ego?

I know it infuriates me, and I dont get off on the silver lining when they show him sitting in his suite as another season ends miserably.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I haven't given up on miracles yet as some have.

Isn't it unreal that lifelong fans have this ripped away from them all because of Jerry's ego?

I know it infuriates me, and I dont get off on the silver lining when they show him sitting in his suite as another season ends miserably.
watching him pout as the last hope of winning dies out is the best part of the season.

"how bout dem cowboys"

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
So the process is still ongoing?????/ :eek:
I just wish fans would not go to the games, if that stadium were half empty, that would really bother jerry, even though he still gets his money.
That is the best protest, dont go to any season games, wait and go to the playoff game if there is one, and it will probably only be one of those.:flagwave:
One and done this year just like last year
We will win the nfc least at 9 and 8

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I love the draft and this time of year in general. So do a lot of people.

But I can't remember a more apathetic and lethargic feeling among the Cowboys fan base this close to the draft.

The a creep of sameness and almost boredom surrounding this team right now. We want that new vette, but we know it's the same ole Honda Accord.

I want the center from Iowa, or the guard from A&M, but honestly, I kind of don't care what they do this year because the end results seem predetermined and inevitable. Rack up wins in a weak division and contend for the playoffs, then fall on their faces.

I hate it because, again, I generally love the draft.

I think you have to understand why the Cowboys fell on their face and why they went from an unstoppable offense and contender to what we saw the 2nd half of the year.

Then its a matter of can they or will they be able to fix those problems. They largely kept the team together during FA all while getting rid of some overpriced players they didnt really need.

Now they have to actually fill some of the holes or fix the problem they had with the draft.

I think 70% of the fan base dont even understand why the team went south, so therefore have no clue about how to fix it. Being in a state of cluelessness can be scary for most fans.

CWR

Reaction score
The irony of “I don’t care/I’ve lost interest” posts now being the single most common thread type on Cowboyszone seems completely lost on that crowd.

I still care, that's obvious the moment I log on. Yet, I'm not nearly as hyped as years past. Actually my lack of draft day enthusiasm suprises me.

rambo2

Reaction score
you guys suck

we keep doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.

you fake butt fans, either root for these losers or find a real team. sheesh, fake butt fans piss me off.
12 and 5 isn't a loser. I would be happy if they go 12 and 5 again this year.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think you have to understand why the Cowboys fell on their face and why they went from an unstoppable offense and contender to what we saw the 2nd half of the year.

Then its a matter of can they or will they be able to fix those problems. They largely kept the team together during FA all while getting rid of some overpriced players they didnt really need.

Now they have to actually fill some of the holes or fix the problem they had with the draft.

I think 70% of the fan base dont even understand why the team went south, so therefore have no clue about how to fix it. Being in a state of cluelessness can be scary for most fans.
That's true, and we all have our thoughts on it.

Are you confident the TEAM understands why and are capable of fixing it?

Do they even recognize a problem or do they think they just simply fell short?

I would have to hope so but I can't be fully confident.

I dont at all get the impression that they feel like they need to feature a run game much more so than Prescotts arm, but I'd also hope they wouldn't have told the world....but they usually telegraph their intentions, partially as some sort of excuse/reason as to why next year will be better.