Twitter: Frederick confirmed they had not seen or prepared for defensive alignment

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, going off the deep end really makes you look right. It looks like he had a much better chance of gaining a first down between Zach and Travis than he did trying to go around the end.

bad call against the Right DE that is lined up so wide. had the DT been blocked better Zeke still had no where to go on the side. he needed to shoot a gap between the tackles and hit a LB.

links18

Reaction score
Now I know what they mean when they say, "hotseat." Heat is coming from all directions. Ex-players, current players, assistant coaches, national media, local media and in house media. Damn. Wear a neck brace Garrett, everybody's headhunting.

""HOTSEAT""

Except Jerry. He's still making excuses and looking for scapegoats not named Carrot Head.

Blackrain

Reaction score
This is on Connor Williams we needed 2 yrds he should have worried about getting the first level blocked and let Zeke hit the LB with a head of steam and the chains moved

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Except Jerry. He's still making excuses and looking for scapegoats not named Carrot Head.
I'm sure he has Stephen in his ear though. Stephen has no problem speaking his mind. That's why most fans like him. He's a no nonsense type of guy. With that much noise being created Jerry has to hear it. Let's just hope he listens.

links18

Reaction score
I'm sure he has Stephen in his ear though. Stephen has no problem speaking his mind. That's why most fans like him. He's a no nonsense type of guy. With that much noise being created Jerry has to hear it. Let's just hope he listens.

We can hope.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
To my untrained eye, Connor has to do more on 95 to give Frederick even a chance before leaving for the LB.

I also find it amusing that they chose an outside run on the most critical play of the game to that point. Unreal.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Did we have any timeouts left?

Of all the bashing thrown at this, THIS is the most disappointing IMO. We had plenty of time outs and didn't use a single one. Once they stopped the 2nd down play, no way in hell you don't call time out now or after the 3rd down play. Call your damn time out, get organized and make sure everyone's on the same page with best-called play.

fansince68

Reaction score
It looked to me that if Zeke had cut up field in the middle, he'd have gotten the first down.
#54 for the Vikings would have lit him up in the hole. Their defensive alignment was perfect for the stupid play that we ran. If Connor Williams had gotten a decent block, Zekes momentum would have probably gotten 3 yards.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Unbelievable, Jerry quit hitting the snooze button and wake up.
Fire this clown! :mad:
-- i think Garrett sees writing on the wall...everyone is ticked off this week from what occured sunday night

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They couldn't adjust to the alignments at some point during the game?

Amazing how all these teams come up with creative game plans to confuse us and we never do. Every team we play brags about how they always know what we are going to do. LOL

And even as you said, Garretts seems completely unable to do anything to adjust once the game starts.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
#54 for the Vikings would have lit him up in the hole. Their defensive alignment was perfect for the stupid play that we ran. If Connor Williams had gotten a decent block, Zekes momentum would have probably gotten 3 yards.
#54 probably would've tackled him, but I think the Zeke we've seen in the past would've gotten the first down. The way he was playing in this game, maybe not.

cern

Reaction score
The offensive coaches have to be quicker to recognize defenses and adjust accordingly. If they can't figure it out, ask the defensive coaches for help. Zimmer's one of the best. He had us boondoggled, hornswoggled and mindboggled.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Serious man?
So Zeke is now to blame for expecting 2 blockers to pick up 1 guy lined up right in front of both of them.

This offensive line needs to stop sniff their own farts and get back to earning the reputation they have.

What good is a RB that needs all pros all around him? But hey, the stud averaged 2 yards a carry. Worth every penny of that 90 million. LOL

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Here is the answer from Schwartz.

Geoff Schwartz‏Verified account @geoffschwartz 7h7 hours ago
His angle doesn’t allow that to happen quickly. And you have to run the track of the run to set up blocks

In other words this is on Connor Williams and Frederick. Mostly Williams.

You think its a coincidence both seasons when the coaches had enough of watching Connor Williams suck he comes up with a mystery injury.
Just man up and bench the dude. It wouldn't surprise me if Frederick, Zeke and a few of these guys got on the coaches about this guy.

God forbid the turd cuts back on the run.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The offensive coaches have to be quicker to recognize defenses and adjust accordingly. If they can't figure it out, ask the defensive coaches for help. Zimmer's one of the best. He had us boondoggled, hornswoggled and mindboggled.
I'd prefer to make defenses try to adjust to our offense. That's what I was hoping Moore was going to bring to the table, and against lesser teams, he has. But it seems like he has to come up with something entirely new for every game...unless it's just the O-line that needs to change their pre-snap looks, which apparently tell the defenses what they're about to do.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
was this it? tweet disappeared

Looking at the play again, it appears that Frederick thought he was the help-blocker and that CW was the primary.

It clearly should be CW that kicks out to block the LB but Frederick played it as if he was the one to kick out on the LB.

Frederick should not need help on that block. He has made it with no help many times.

The DT does jump towards CW and away from Frederick but Frederick does not make a hard move to the side like he normally does when he is blocking a DT in that alignment.

The defensive alignment should not be confusing. It was basically a standard 4-3 Nickel alignment expect the defender in the 3-tech spot was standing up and that's not the defender that was the problem.

cern

Reaction score
I'd prefer to make defenses try to adjust to our offense. That's what I was hoping Moore was going to bring to the table, and against lesser teams, he has. But it seems like he has to come up with something entirely new for every game...unless it's just the O-line that needs to change their pre-snap looks, which apparently tell the defenses what they're about to do.
We killed them with our passing game, but Zimmer stuck to his guns and geared the vikes to stopping zeke. I was disappointed we didn't get him more involved in the passing game.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Of all the bashing thrown at this, THIS is the most disappointing IMO. We had plenty of time outs and didn't use a single one. Once they stopped the 2nd down play, no way in hell you don't call time out now or after the 3rd down play. Call your damn time out, get organized and make sure everyone's on the same page with best-called play.
Especially if it's a look you havent seen before. Dak or Kellen or Frederick could have done it....