Free Agency thread

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
If we’re just talking about talent, Brown is certainly one of the best available players. He tallied 42 receptions for 545 yards & four touchdowns in just seven games last season. We ALL know what happend after that. What a waste of talent.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1 of 2 things has to be true

1. The front office WILDLY underestimated the WR market

2. There was drama behind the scenes involving Amari we don’t know about

By the end of this off-season Amari is going to be like 12th highest paid WR just ahead of Golladay and Kirk

I think it’s answer #2 without a doubt. They wanted Cooper gone for whatever reason. Unlike the Browns, Dallas didn’t even TRY to restructure his contract.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Fans message to Jerry and Stevie

tumblr_nhw1mnCg3x1qedb29o1_500.gif

1637350593-jerry-jones-laugh.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s sad we can’t even sign below average guys

Yeah. They’re talking about him potentially being a backup there. A cap-strapped team like Atlanta is signing depth and we can’t even sign a starter.

And they can save the Connor McGovern talk before it starts. I saw 2021 for myself.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I think it’s answer #2 without a doubt. They wanted Cooper gone for whatever reason. Unlike the Browns, Dallas didn’t even TRY to restructure his contract.
They were probably upset he did not take the Vax
Then missed 2 games with covid.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
1 of 2 things has to be true

1. The front office WILDLY underestimated the WR market

2. There was drama behind the scenes involving Amari we don’t know about

By the end of this off-season Amari is going to be like 12th highest paid WR just ahead of Golladay and Kirk

I think it is simply that he didn't play like a $20 million receiver last year, so they decided they would pay Gallup like a No. 2 receiver. Of course, they were only able to do that because Gallup is injured and couldn't really get in on that WR market. That's our team's FA plan, get 'em while they're hurt.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I think it is simply that he didn't play like a $20 million receiver last year, so they decided they would pay Gallup like a No. 2 receiver. Of course, they were only able to do that because Gallup is injured and couldn't really get in on that WR market. That's our team's FA plan, get 'em while they're hurt.
Where does ceedee fit in?
Do they think he can grow into a number one?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Where does ceedee fit in?
Do they think he can grow into a number one?

I would say that they believe he is their No. 1. And he was last year as far as production goes. The question, of course, is how much attention was Cooper drawing away from him, and can Gallup do the same? I wasn't too impressed with how our receivers played last year when Cooper was sidelined. Of course, the whole offense was stinking during that time, so maybe they can do better than that.

The chief obstacle to finding that out, though, is how many games Gallup is going to miss. We need a solid No. 2 to fill that gap because I don't think a Washington/Noah Brown combination is going to scare anyone into not just doubling Lamb.