Twitter: Free Retiring***Merged***

Sandyf

Reaction score
Wonder if instead of Collins to RT, move Zach to RT, resign Cooper and put him at RG.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Surprised @Risen Star hasn't said it already..."First Leary, now Free, no one wants to play with Dak."

Just joking folks...relax.

I don't want to rub it in. It's exactly what I'm thinking. He doesn't want our coaches coaching him and our players don't want to play with him. Meanwhile Romo's reading don't kill yourself books and a recent headline was "Pope leaves Cowboys".

You were all warned about this guy ahead of time.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like Clearance is just guessing but maybe...

LOL. I swear if there's a God he wears a pig snout and feathers.

Sure, move Collins now. Not, ya know, when you could still retain your pro bowl caliber G and have the best OL ever assembled.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Well. There goes my trade Martin for defensive stud idea.

Looks like we may have to move him to tackle.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
LOL. I swear if there's a God he wears a pig snout and feathers.

Sure, move Collins now. Not, ya know, when you could still retain your pro bowl caliber G and have the best OL ever assembled.
Collins was injured most of this year and there was no way they were moving him at the end of the season for a veteran in Free. But you knew that.

Sounds funny though!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
When Doug Free is removed from the active roster, he'll likely be place on Reserve/Retired, his $5M base salary comes off the books with a minimum salary ($540K) taking his spot in the top 51.

The net salary cap savings is $4.46M.

There would still be $2.5M in dead money from a past signing bonus counting against the cap this year and the Cowboys could ask for Free to re-pay it, but I doubt they will.

Rumors of Free's impending retirement surfaced at the scouting combine last week, so I doubt the team was blindsided by the news today.

Chaz Green has plenty of talent to handle the job and he now knows RT is his to lose, but another legit option needs to be found.

Bring on the competition.
$1 million of that you are counting as bonus was part of restructuring so that was pay he was going to get as salary already and they did it for cap reasons. There is only $1.5 that is originally from his bonus when signing the contract.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Where is that picture of free with the 3rd most pressures and 3rd most sacks

Yep, there are OTs remaining in the market that could be fitted in less than Free's $5M base salary.
He was the 3rd worst.
Interestingly - the worst in sacks/pressures was supposed to have improved greatly last season went on for the Browns - Austin Pasztor.
he is a younger player, so improvement is possible unlike with Free.
Prayers were answered!