Fresh WR meat suddenly on the open market. Terrelle Pryor

Beaker42

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/20/jets-to-cut-terrelle-pryor/

Says for some odd reason, Jets decided to cut him rather than just wait out a groin injury that is thought to keep him on the shelf for 2 weeks.

Tempting.

He's been fairly productive, including a TD in his last two games...

2018-10-20_1327.png

Any takers?
We should’ve been all over Gordon.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Butler is 28 and has never had 400 receiving yards- college or pros

400 YARDS!?!?!
Yet posters get excited over bringing him back and claim Amari Cooper wouldnt be an upgrade.

I am not making any claims on their skill level. They can develop their roles in this offense. This team has been using a good strategy of drafting well and developing players. I like that, and dont want any high priced free agents. We still are not completely sure on what we have in dak and the passing game. So, throwing people in and thinking you are going to have a great offense is not smart.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I am not making any claims on their skill level. They can develop their roles in this offense. This team has been using a good strategy of drafting well and developing players. I like that, and dont want any high priced free agents. We still are not completely sure on what we have in dak and that passing game. So, throwing people in and thinking you are going to have a great offense is not smart.
You initially meant develop as players, and thats what I responded to. Butler is 28 and is not likely to develop any beyond this point.

But youre wanting to throw in scrubs like Butler and expecting better results..?
That sounds way less smart.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
You initially meant develop as players, and thats what I responded to. Butler is 28 and is not likely to develop any beyond this point.

But youre wanting to throw in scrubs like Butler and expecting better results..?
That sounds way less smart.

he is cheap and dak has good chemistry with him. I think he can develop as a player

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Those groin injuries seem to be a prolonged issue in the NFL. I still like the idea of getting Dez back (if in shape) and lining him up on the outside with Gallop at the other WR and Beasley in the slot. Yea, I know, but the Cowboys have nothing at WR after Gallop.

Cmac

Reaction score
If he is signed......then Dez has absolutely been disrespected.

irishline

Reaction score
he is cheap and dak has good chemistry with him. I think he can develop as a player

We signed Brice over a month ago and he has played 1 snap in 4 games (A Hail Mary pass). He knows his offense, he was in it the last 2 years. He is what he is.

And saying "he is cheap" as a selling point really isn't helping. The Cardinals released him before the season started and no one but us showed interest, because he is a 300 yard a year player who will 29 in a couple months.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I'd take him as an upgrade to Butler.
What make sure you say he’s an upgrade? Butler has done pretty well when given the opportunity. Remember, dak is still the wr killer until he shows otherwise.

Pants

Reaction score
I just knew when I saw this on the scrolling line on ESPN that there would be a thread in here

No thank you - he would be more of the same if what we have

dsturgeon

Reaction score
We signed Brice over a month ago and he has played 1 snap in 4 games (A Hail Mary pass). He knows his offense, he was in it the last 2 years. He is what he is.

And saying "he is cheap" as a selling point really isn't helping. The Cardinals released him before the season started and no one but us showed interest, because he is a 300 yard a year player who will 29 in a couple months.

So, what is your point?

We can overpay for cooper and give away a draft pick, and it is still a gamble on whether he would live up to it, or find another brice butler that no one wants.

Sorry, I just see it as developing an offense as a whole, and the players we have until we can draft a weapon.

Swaim is developing and he has been here awhile. Once witten got out, it allowed him to get some game time targets. Butler has been playing for awhile, but we had dez, williams, and beasley, so he didnt get much game time.

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
As an upgrade to anybody we now have.

We have to win now.

We are pissing away this OL with ridiculous gaffs offensively.

Stop the bleeding.

Another loss and we hit the eject button on these WRs as unrepairable.

Not sure even when he's healthy that I'd count on him as more than a third or fourth receiver. His challenge would be being a better option than Hurns or Thompson and forcing one of those two to the sideline.

Replacing Butler with him would be a no-brainer IMO.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
What make sure you say he’s an upgrade? Butler has done pretty well when given the opportunity. Remember, dak is still the wr killer until he shows otherwise.

The most passes Butler has caught in a season in six season is 21. The most yards he's had is 317. Generally, his catches hover in the teens and his yardage in the 200s. At some point, you have to recognize that he is what he is.

Pryor came close to topping Butler's career numbers in one season (77 for 1,007). That bought him a free agency ticket to Washington, where he had a Butler-standard year. With the Jets, he was already close to topping his numbers from his season with the Commanders.

Angus12

Reaction score
Let Gallup and Butler develop, and draft someone next year
Butler?

He's not a developmental type WR. He's at his ceiling. Which is about table top high. If we had even semi-decent WR depth, he would not have been brought back. He's a finger in the dike, and only because the staff knew him. Nothing more.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Butler?

He's not a developmental type WR. He's at his ceiling. Which is about table top high. If we had even semi-decent WR depth, he would not have been brought back. He's a finger in the dike, and only because the staff knew him. Nothing more.

I don't think he is at his ceiling. He can compete with the guys we have. We do not have a high priced #1 receiver, so let Gallup, Hurns, Thompson, and Butler push each other to see who gets on the field.

He has made some good catches and long ones too here. He seems to always go long and then not quite get to the end zone. Maybe his improvement will be getting those last 5 yards.