Fresh WR meat suddenly on the open market. Terrelle Pryor

dsturgeon

Reaction score

Dak throws well to him. Some really nice catches, and on different types of routes. Hurns better step it up, or he will be on the bench

Angus12

Reaction score
We do not have a high priced #1 receiver, so let Gallup, Hurns, Thompson, and Butler push each other to see who gets on the field.
This season? Sure. That's the bed we've made, and now we're forced to lie in it.

But if this team is serious about winning next year, aside from Gallup, none of those guys should even be on this team.

Draft a guy in the first couple rounds, spend some money in FA, and rebuild this WR group. Gallup, Beasley, Tavon Austin, Cedrick Wilson, Noah Brown, the draft pick and priority FA can battle it out to see who makes the team and where they slot on the depth chart. The rest can pound sand.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
This season? Sure. That's the bed we've made, and now we're forced to lie in it.

But if this team is serious about winning next year, aside from Gallup, none of those guys should even be on this team.

Draft a guy in the first couple rounds, spend some money in FA, and rebuild this WR group. Gallup, Beasley, Tavon Austin, Cedrick Wilson, Noah Brown, the draft pick and priority FA can battle it out to see who makes the team and where they slot on the depth chart. The rest can pound sand.

I agree except for the spend some money in FA. Dlaw, Irving, Byron, Dak, Collins, and Beasley are all going to be wanting contracts.

It is just my personal opinion, but I think the offense will improve by the end of the season to where they can draft someone to go with gallup.

blueblood70

Reaction score
he was a FA bust in Washington> cant remember he hasn't done enough to take late in the year flyer with groin injury, those linger..so NO!

glimmerman

Reaction score
Is he on the cheap? Lol. I hear is is out another 2 weeks. He could be ready after the bye week. But would still need to learn our Offense. Not bad if we could have him for next year?

_sturt_

Reaction score
He's a free agent, meaning you can sign him for whatever amount you both agree to, for however long you agree to.

My question... isn't he an improvement on the roster slot currently occupied by another Buckeye wide out?

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't see why not. Who knows how long Austin will be out? He'd instantly be the 3rd best WR and I don't think he'd cost much.

Verdict

Reaction score
I agree except for the spend some money in FA. Dlaw, Irving, Byron, Dak, Collins, and Beasley are all going to be wanting contracts.

It is just my personal opinion, but I think the offense will improve by the end of the season to where they can draft someone to go with gallup.

Oddly enough, Cedrick Wilson was on the fast track to contributing before his injury. I wonder how he is coming along in his rehab.

Flamma

Reaction score

I have no problem drafting someone to go with Gallup and signing a WR in FA. It doesn't have to be a long term deal. But that's only if the front office thinks we're there and ready to make a run, otherwise it's a waste. It's also easier said than done. It all depends on what they want to do in the draft.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Under this coaching staff we could bring anyone , it really doesn't change a thing .

Good or Bad additions , we are mediocre at .500 .