Friction Between Carr & Coaching Staff

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is a red flag when a vet like Carr who has played for many teams and has always been considered a good guy can't get along with them.

Yeah, that said a lot to me too. Carr has always been a class act and a model citizen. For things to get to that point with him? Things have to be pretty dysfunctional. But then again, that's clearly on display on Sundays.

John813

Reaction score
Scared-Palatable-Gar-size-restricted.gif

fivetwos

Reaction score
The comical part is listening to the kid say how rosey everything is.

I think they DO actually believe that.

Either way....the PLAYERS hear this, and following performances like these with positive reinforcement pretty much gets you 25 years of garbage.

They need to simply shut their mouths but cant resist hearing themselves talk, nor can realize the damage they do every time they pull this.

Plankton

Reaction score
Four games in, and the lugnuts are already loose on the wheels. Are the Joneses capable of having an environment where the circus isn’t in full three ring mode?

Sydla

Reaction score
I'll reserve judgment until I read the article, granted it's Fish writing it, so who knows. But note......... Lawrence, Griffen has some comments a week or so ago about how they wanted to go back to three point stances, there had been reports previous players had some issues with Nolan, and now Carr has something to say? Granted, maybe he's disgruntled for being cut...........

But at the end of the day, I think Nolan is an issue and this franchise is now stuck wondering what to do.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
I don't know about this. I thought I read they can cut him and put him back on the practice squad without hitting waivers? So I was assuming this was just roster management and he'll be back soon.

From https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-play-as-veteran-opts-to-join-practice-squad/

As a vested veteran (four accrued seasons or more), Carr won't hit waivers if the Cowboys are forced to release him down the line with the goal of placing him back on the practice squad. So, technically, he could immediately re-sign with the Cowboys the day following his release, and the team can rinse-and-repeat this strategy multiple times in 2020 -- providing not only a phenomenal veteran presence in the locker room, but a starter-caliber defensive back who they're looking to "fully" convert to safety that can also play cornerback as needed.

Guess we'll find out today if he's resigned to the practice squad, then this story is bogus. If he's not, it's true?

Creeper

Reaction score

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Judging by what we’ve seen, Carr can’t be wrong. Whatever the heck he said.

He's a vet who'll soon retire......willing to bet he told the coaches what other players are/were afraid to say. To his credit, he's kept it private and throwing anyone under the bus via social media.