Friction Between Carr & Coaching Staff

AbeBeta

Reaction score
He was quite reasonable to ask *** he was here. We literally benched Lewis and, instead of playing Carr, just didn't use nickel for the rest of the game

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Probably asked the coaching staff what Jaylon would have to do to find a spot on the bench during some film session. Jerruh showed what a man he is and sent him packing.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Fisher wont tell the truth if it puts Jerry/Stephen in a bad light. He likes to chastise Skip Bayless but he has the same lack of integrity as Skip. Just jealous of his success.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carr’s a stand-up dude. Maybe it was over playing time?
Carr was willing to play for a low salary but the Ravens did want him.

A veteran that has not missed a start in over a decade might have trouble accepting limited playing time.

Fans love a narrative and anytime a team is losing one of the narratives will be that the coaches suck.

CWR

Reaction score

A veteran that has not missed a start in over a decade might have trouble accepting limited playing time.

Fans love a narrative and anytime a team is losing one of the narratives will be that the coaches suck.

Very few things said on here are fair after the Browns loss, and it will continue if we dont see a radically different team take the field vs Giants ect. The hypocrisy of fans is unyielding, self included.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very few things said on here are fair after the Browns loss, and it will continue if we dont see a radically different team take the field vs Giants ect. The hypocrisy of fans is unyielding, self included.

The coaches have had less time with the players at this point after 4 games than they normally have had after the 4 preseason games.

It is really difficult to coach players without actually having the players on the field to coach them.

It is impossible to evaluate coaching staffs after 4 games even under normal circumstances if you go back and review historic results.

Jimmy was 1-15 in 1989...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll reserve judgment until I read the article, granted it's Fish writing it, so who knows. But note......... Lawrence, Griffen has some comments a week or so ago about how they wanted to go back to three point stances, there had been reports previous players had some issues with Nolan, and now Carr has something to say? Granted, maybe he's disgruntled for being cut...........

But at the end of the day, I think Nolan is an issue and this franchise is now stuck wondering what to do.

Mike Fisher said repeatedly that the only problem with La'el was that he was out of shape...

Jarntt

Reaction score
I'm not sure there is any more to this than Carr doesn't realize that he is not an NFL caliber player at this point. No one else even wanted him. I mean if he couldn't crack our lineup, to me, that is quite telling...

Sydla

Reaction score

The problem is, if the issue Carr has revolves around Nolan, he's not the first nor the last player to have issues with him. Nolan was a poor hire and we are now just starting to peel back the layers of this smelly onion.

bigE79

Reaction score
The coaches have had less time with the players at this point after 4 games than they normally have had after the 4 preseason games.

It is really difficult to coach players without actually having the players on the field to coach them.

It is impossible to evaluate coaching staffs after 4 games even under normal circumstances if you go back and review historic results.

The browns seem to be doing quite well under the exact same circumstances,panthers also..imo

Qcard

Reaction score
Scared-Palatable-Gar-size-restricted.gif
No you didn't go with Idi Amin:lmao2::lmao2:

Great post

Kaiser

Reaction score
Was likely along the lines of Carr thinking he was better than Thompson and should play

Probably a start me or release me thing.

Or a "start me over Wilson when you inevitably bench Darian Thompson" thing, with the coaching staff thinking differently.

It could be a Terrence Steele thing where they think Wilson would be better at the end once the learning curve is over, while Carr (correctly) thought he was obviously better in the short term.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fisher wont tell the truth if it puts Jerry/Stephen in a bad light. He likes to chastise Skip Bayless but he has the same lack of integrity as Skip. Just jealous of his success.

That is normally the case.

However I watched a video a few days ago and he was really ripping the team. Frankly I know it was bad if he was talking bad since he is about as bad as mickey with making excuses.

Sydla

Reaction score

One, the comparison to Jimmy in 1989 is weak. That was a very young team with a very young QB. This current Cowboys team has way more veteran presence at key positions than that 1989 team.

Two, I showed the stats yesterday, but there are 12 new DCs in the NFL this year. Of the 12, when comparing PPG and YPG from this year to last year, the worst regression, by far, has been Nolan and this defense giving up 16 more points per game and over 100 more yards per game. Now not all DCs have turned around their teams. For example, the next worst performance seems to be the Vikes but that's likely because they stupidly dumped Edwards (who should be our DC in 2 more games if Nolan continues to suck) for Zimmer's kid. But others have been able to make way more progress in 4 games than Nolan has.

khiladi

Reaction score
Nolan was a disaster from the beginning. The fact he was hired and Philbin to coach the OL are shining examples of how Jerry let’s coached to their thing only to completely crap the bed, like he did with Garrett. Nobody can tell me Jerry is at fault for Philbin, when Philbin has followed McCarthy wherever he goes.

Garrett is doing an immaculate job himself in NY, along with Columbo and Dooley. Nobody can tell me Jerry forced these guys on Garrett, when they are right beside him.

But you know, blame Jerry...

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Fish is part of the circus. The bigger the circus the more Fish benefits. Take it with a couple grains of salt.

cern

Reaction score
did the ravens release him over differences with harbaugh or the fact he had no gas left in the tank?