Friction Between Carr & Coaching Staff

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Don't jump the plum.
I can assure you bland and idle blokes that had Brandon Carr had an ounce of stout secondary talent he'd be on this lame defensive team.
The coaching staff are not mean girls making it uncomfortable for FAs.
Thus, don't go looking for excuses for this D, one of the worst in the 21 century!

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I'll reserve judgment until I read the article, granted it's Fish writing it, so who knows. But note......... Lawrence, Griffen has some comments a week or so ago about how they wanted to go back to three point stances, there had been reports previous players had some issues with Nolan, and now Carr has something to say? Granted, maybe he's disgruntled for being cut...........

But at the end of the day, I think Nolan is an issue and this franchise is now stuck wondering what to do.

I wanted to give Nolan the benefit of the doubt. But his record indicates a pattern of failures. If McCarthy picked him because they are good friends, that says a lot more about McCarthy as well.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Y'all (some) really think these coaches are beyond being idiots about what their teaching. There's players that know more than their coach... believe that.

A good student with a bad teacher is a bad student.

Looking at these results... I'm siding with the players. First, the DEs questioning their stance..LB wants to simplify the scheme..Carr telling the DB coaches a piece of his mind. That's all 3 levels folks, we have a cluster**** on our hands.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Don't jump the plum.
I can assure you bland and idle blokes that had Brandon Carr had an ounce of stout secondary talent he'd be on this lame defensive team.
Thus, don't go looking for excuses for this D, one of the worst in the 21 century!

There are no bad students. There are only bad teachers.

cristglo

Reaction score
yes, and the lack of effort seen in cleveland game suggest many players dont like nolans defense, so they are just going thru the motions.
I think he is trying to put round pegs in square holes, and the players know it. So why try when u know it wont work?
Players have no imput, and are just told to shut up and do your job , I am the genius here!

I agree this defense looks like they dont know where they are suppose to be. DL in which we all felt would wreck havoc cant even move an OL full of 80 year old woman. Thats sad.

DFWJC

Reaction score

The theory is that Will Clay and Stephen pushed to get Carr in, against the Nolan's , and maybe Mccarthy's, advice.
Nolan (and maybe MM?) didn't give Carr a chance.

The silver lining of this--if we are desperate to find one--is that this staff won't allow the personal department or ownership to dictate who they play.

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Don't jump the plum.
200.gif

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

I agree this defense looks like they dont know where they are suppose to be. DL in which we all felt would wreck havoc cant even move an OL full of 80 year old woman. Thats sad.
FIFY

CWR

Reaction score
The coaches have had less time with the players at this point after 4 games than they normally have had after the 4 preseason games.

It is really difficult to coach players without actually having the players on the field to coach them.

It is impossible to evaluate coaching staffs after 4 games even under normal circumstances if you go back and review historic results.

Jimmy was 1-15 in 1989...

Hey X, I wanted to ask you if Dlaw is still getting doubled or is the opposition starting to pay more attention to Aldon?

Asklesko

Reaction score
Another good player not played and blamed and cut because he pushed back against company culture. Garrett is gone but nothing has changed.

Cmac

Reaction score
We're in the laughing stock mode again. Too funny. Failing all eye tests, but the Snake Oil Salesman will be at it again......Secret Sauce baby, secret sauce!!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
We need to keep blowing everything up until we win a championship. Enough with the mediocrity.

But ... but ... you told me, as we had beverages at the Slovak Place to Be, that it would be different when Garrett left!