Friction Between Carr & Coaching Staff

erod

Reaction score
Sounds like we cut the one guy who gave a crap.

conner01

Reaction score
Can you blame him? Sadly, he was probably the best S on the roster and the coaches did not play him.
I think he knew he wasn’t gonna play much
That’s the deal he agreed to
I suspect it’s less about playing time and more about something else like scheme
I mean he agreed to be on PS so how did he expect to be on the field all the time

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sounds like we cut the one guy who gave a crap.

which means squat because on field play is all here is and Carrs available because hes pretty much washed up.. who cares about feelings right now..we need talent and coaches to use the talent ..hopefully those coming off IR and been injured and Gregory coming back coupled with tweaks to further DUMB down the defense for the knuckleheads to learn to cover, tackle, take better angles, and get through blocks..oh wait that basic football aplayer at this level shouldnt need to be taught..

Marinelli's enjoying cold one laughing at all this begging for vanilla after he was accused of being to easy to read.. remember scandrick and others comments teas knew what was coming and fans wanted better schemes..

well turns out the knuckleheads need vanilla forced fed like baby to play even average football?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
When a defense has been used to laziness for so many years, they're bound to object to being required to work and think for a change! :omg:

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
That is normally the case.

However I watched a video a few days ago and he was really ripping the team. Frankly I know it was bad if he was talking bad since he is about as bad as mickey with making excuses.

Mickey actually is ripping the team on the fan...you can almost tell he is mad Garrett his boy is gone....Like said"why the hell are we running a 3-4 with 4-3 players its stupid"

never heard Mickey actually said a bad thing about the cocahes

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mickey actually is ripping the team on the fan...you can almost tell he is mad Garrett his boy is gone....Like said"why the hell are we running a 3-4 with 4-3 players its stupid"

If the stats and the product on the field has not been bad enough ....when Fish and Mickey start ripping you know it might be even worse. Those two usually carry the Jone's water for them.

Kaiser

Reaction score

But if you step back from it, it does make a lot of sense.

If it was some random team like Miami and you read "new coaches have installed a much more complicated defense without any offseason camps or preseason, when some of the stars aren't a scheme fit for it", you would think it was dumb.

I think it was the coaches overestimating how well they would be able to coach it up quickly, but clearly some of the players are freelancing instead of buckling down to play the new scheme.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll reserve judgment until I read the article, granted it's Fish writing it, so who knows. But note......... Lawrence, Griffen has some comments a week or so ago about how they wanted to go back to three point stances, there had been reports previous players had some issues with Nolan, and now Carr has something to say? Granted, maybe he's disgruntled for being cut...........

But at the end of the day, I think Nolan is an issue and this franchise is now stuck wondering what to do.

Evidence would support that.

Nolan wasn't good in his last stop as defensive coordinator in Atlanta. And as you point out, he's playing 4-3 ends in stand up rush positions - with no offseason. And Carr has always be a high character person, so for things to go south with him says a lot about potential dysfunction as well.

More evidence as well, they quickly benched Thompson, after telling anyone who would listen what a great offseason he had and how he was ready. And how they didn't need an Earl Thomas. That didn't last long, did it?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I think he knew he wasn’t gonna play much
That’s the deal he agreed to
I suspect it’s less about playing time and more about something else like scheme
I mean he agreed to be on PS so how did he expect to be on the field all the time

Possibly. But at some point that goes out the window as you're watching the secondary blow assignments left and right and you KNOW you can help on the field.

Majic

Reaction score

He's always hated the 3-4, despite we are not even playing that

Majic

Reaction score
Evidence would support that.

Nolan wasn't good in his last stop as defensive coordinator in Atlanta. And as you point out, he's playing 4-3 ends in stand up rush positions - with no offseason. And Carr has always be a high character person, so for things to go south with him says a lot about potential dysfunction as well.

More evidence as well, they quickly benched Thompson, after telling anyone who would listen what a great offseason he had and how he was ready. And how they didn't need an Earl Thomas. That didn't last long, did it?

Lawrence and Griffin have played with hands on the ground since week 2. Aldon has the choice and it is based on whether he can see more by standing up. This is nonsence to keep saying we play 3-4

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He's a vet who'll soon retire......willing to bet he told the coaches what other players are/were afraid to say. To his credit, he's kept it private and throwing anyone under the bus via social media.
yes, and the lack of effort seen in cleveland game suggest many players dont like nolans defense, so they are just going thru the motions.
I think he is trying to put round pegs in square holes, and the players know it. So why try when u know it wont work?
Players have no imput, and are just told to shut up and do your job , I am the genius here!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One, the comparison to Jimmy in 1989 is weak. That was a very young team with a very young QB. This current Cowboys team has way more veteran presence at key positions than that 1989 team.

Two, I showed the stats yesterday, but there are 12 new DCs in the NFL this year. Of the 12, when comparing PPG and YPG from this year to last year, the worst regression, by far, has been Nolan and this defense giving up 16 more points per game and over 100 more yards per game. Now not all DCs have turned around their teams. For example, the next worst performance seems to be the Vikes but that's likely because they stupidly dumped Edwards (who should be our DC in 2 more games if Nolan continues to suck) for Zimmer's kid. But others have been able to make way more progress in 4 games than Nolan has.

How many have new head coaches also...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem is, if the issue Carr has revolves around Nolan, he's not the first nor the last player to have issues with him. Nolan was a poor hire and we are now just starting to peel back the layers of this smelly onion.
Examples?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
That is a red flag when a vet like Carr who has played for many teams and has always been considered a good guy can't get along with them.

So far there's nothing with a direct quote from anyone with the Cowboys to say that Carr who was never a trouble maker all of a sudden became one. When I see a direct quote then I'll believe it.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Four games in, and the lugnuts are already loose on the wheels. Are the Joneses capable of having an environment where the circus isn’t in full three ring mode?

For real. Solid, competent, fundamentally sound football is a pipe dream in Dallas.

conner01

Reaction score
Possibly. But at some point that goes out the window as you're watching the secondary blow assignments left and right and you KNOW you can help on the field.
The scary part is it may have nothing to do with playing time but a vet seeing a system that’s flawed or something along those lines