Friend of Dorothy? Michael Strahan's wife speaks in court...

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
HINT JINT HIT 'SACK'
WITH DOC PAL
By MARSHA KRANES and LEELA de KRETSER
http://www.nypost.com/news/regional...alnews_marsha_kranes_and_leela_de_kretser.htm

June 21, 2006 -- A bitter Jean Strahan yesterday accused her estranged sack-star spouse of playing for the other team.

Outside court, she said that after she and the Giant split in March 2005, he shared an "alternative lifestyle" with "his best buddy," TV doctor Ian Smith.

"Michael moved in with Ian in his one-bedroom apartment for the next year," she said, after the couple's acrimonious divorce proceedings had ended for the day in Essex County Family Court. "You could say an alternative lifestyle sprouted," she added.

Asked to stop beating around the bush, Jean smiled - and was prevented from saying any more by her lawyer.

Strahan's lawyer, Robert Penza, called the remarks "outrageous" and said "this allegation has been raised in the past by Jean. She has been spreading rumors throughout this entire litigation process."

The defensive end couldn't be reached for comment - but Smith had plenty to say.

"This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard," he told The Post.

"Yes, Michael Strahan is one of my best friends, and in a time of need, when he was kicked out of his home and had no place to go, I did what any good friend would do and offered him my couch.

"At the same time, I was planning my wedding to a woman I had been dating for over 14 years, and we are happily married."

Asked to put the allegations to rest, Smith said, "Michael Strahan is very heterosexual, and I am very heterosexual."

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Strahan's wife is from North Dakota. Does anyone know which town?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I am giving him the benefit of a doubt and say "hetersosexual"!

Why?

Because Strahan is a Defensive End, however, if he was and Offensive End.......hum?

JonCJG

Reaction score
I would say B.S.

She was :) when she said it.

Sounds like a crazy, bitter woman.

KD

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Wow, a woman scorned can be a real... mean woman.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
The questioning of a man's sexuality or sexual prowess is the lowest blow an ex-wife or girlfriend can punch with.

If the allegations aren't true, then it really looks like a pathetic attempt on her part to obtain some sort of financial disclosure.

Funxva

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, an alternative life-style probably did happen...

Alternative to his normal lifestyle which was probably sleeping in a $1,000,000 bed.

Damn, I would have just slept in one of my $2 Mil worth of cars. Probably more room in there than a couch.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Funxva said:
Now that I think about it, an alternative life-style probably did happen...

Alternative to his normal lifestyle which was probably sleeping in a $1,000,000 bed.

Damn, I would have just slept in one of my $2 Mil worth of cars. Probably more room in there than a couch.

Alternative women can piss off a wife....Make her say bad things...Seen it happen before.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Link

Excerpt from her court testimony...
The truth, she said, was that she protested when he showed up with Ian Smith, a writer and Channel 7 medical correspondent who she said had introduced him to a Toronto woman who became his mistress.

She said she heard her 34-year-old husband talking on the phone with his new girlfriend that very day. He has denied committing adultery during their marriage.

"This is the man who was setting my husband up with girlfriends, and he was at my baptism?" she said of Smith.

When the twins were born, she said, Michael Strahan brought Smith -- who he knew she did not like -- into the delivery room.

"I said, 'Michael, this is a special moment for us,'" she said. "He said, 'Well, Jean, who is here for me?' I said, 'How about me? I'm here for you.'"

She said her husband and Smith were more than friends. After the Strahans' separation, the football player lived with Smith for a year, even though he could have easily secured his own lodging, she said.

"You could say that an alternative lifestyle sprouted," she said, suggesting that the two men had a sexual relationship.

She was asked to elaborate on the relationship, but Marshall said she preferred her client "beat around the bush" on that issue.

Inside the courtroom earlier, Michael Strahan had chuckled when one of the love letters he was shown looked like it was addressed "Dear John" instead of "Dear Jean."

"I've been accused of that before," he said jokingly.

Funxva

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Who knows but it sounds to me like she's trying to attack his rep.
Heh, this just reminded me of a time in middleschool years ago when this girl that liked me got angry because I wanted nothing to do with her. So she told everyone I sexually harrased her.

Funny thing was, I had no idea what that meant at the time.

JonCJG

Reaction score
This thread is hilarious!! I am sure at least half the guys on this board have had at least one crazy, psychotic, ex flame who was petty when the relationship ended!

Those are the same people posting replies to this thread, seeing right through MS's ex. I'm one of them.....

:lmao2:

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Sleeping on another man's couch for a year, when you have millions ?

Thats is rather strange indeed.

There have been players that I thought may have a little sugar in their blood in recent years but Strahan wasnt one of them.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
GRIDDER'S CHEAP SHOT STINGS WIFE

andreapeyser.jpg

Email Archives Print Reprint Feeds Newsletters

June 8, 2006 -- JEAN STRAHAN, look ing like a million bucks in the grungy divorce court, let out a musical laugh.

"It's Gucci!" she protested about the ecru suit hugging her bod. "I have Chanel."

Moments earlier, her husband, Giant linebacker Michael Strahan - who's pulled down something north of $30 million - described how his wife shopped like a dime-store tart. Ouch.

"Target, T.J. Maxx," were the stores the multimillionaire claimed the couple frequented.
http://servedby.advertising.com/cli...vrtmnfx0060000594nfx/direct;wi.300;hi.250/01/

They dined at Houlihan's, he testified. Bought secondhand furniture.

"Kmart," he listed as a store of choice. He knows how to hurt a girl.

The Strahans hit Essex County Family Court yesterday, and like most warring couples, they disagree on the weather. But this marital bust-up is about big money. And there, the parties seem to exist on separate planets.

It started as a love story. But Jean Strahan says things fell apart while she was in the hospital 19 months ago, giving birth to their twin girls.

"We tried very hard to get pregnant," she told me. "I was shocked when he left. He basically moved in with his girlfriend. He abandoned me.

"I've never seen him playing with the kids. I've never seen him hold them."

Jean has claimed her massive hubby beat her up, early in their relationship.

"I guess I loved him," she said. "He said he'd never do it again." The judge ruled that beating allegations can't be used in court.

Michael Strahan, neatly, but not expensively, dressed in a gray suit, testified that his wife was involved in his finances. But she insists he kept her in the dark.

"The part that's upsetting to me is to know you can flat-out lie, under oath, sitting in front of a judge," she.

I tried to get Michael's side, but he changed in an instant from the likable fella on the stand, and became kind of scary.

"Would you please not talk to me," he hissed. "I didn't ask to talk to you."

Jean Strahan says she doesn't know how she'd live without her kids. "They're my world."

Stay tuned.

andrea

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
If I'm on the jury and she's throwing out crap trying to ruin his reputation, with no proof, it doesn't go well for her. Even if it is true. You gotta have proof of this kind of crap. Anger and spite isn't proof.

Funxva

Reaction score
sacase said:
Here's wifey...rather ex-wifey

news06082006009.jpg

That just screams "Gold digger".

Reminds me of desperate housewives just not nearly as hot.

Edit: That also screams "Ice Queen" also.

For some reason the "Yehaaa! Michael Strahan! How Bout Dem Cowboys" commercial just popped into my head.