News: FS: Jerry Jones sends stern message to Cowboys after embarrassing Wild Card loss

visionary

Reaction score
"When you get this combination of players together you need to have success."

This is the problem. He doesn't know personnel. Doesn't have a clue. He thinks Dak Prescott is a franchise QB, Zeke is the 2016 form and that the collection of garbage they have at DT should be dominating.

In his mind he's handed the coaching staff a loaded deck. How can you not win with this hand?

Give me 5 minutes to debate him on live television and you can reset my likes total.

Reset the likes? Now we’re talking

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
In his first press conference after buying the team in 1989

"I intend to have a complete understanding of contracts, jocks, socks, and TV contracts. There's no way I can look in the mirror if I don't understand anything about this business."

Jerry apparently got rid of the mirrors in his house a couple decades ago.

Every year he blathers on about "Super Bowl", his team comes nowhere near it, and he blames everyone but himself.

pitt33

Reaction score
I think Rush might have more upside than Dak right now. Seems to make better decisions with the ball. Obviously it’s a small sample size but still.
Totally agree.

He’s smarter than Prescott.

Plain and simple.

brickman

Reaction score
Ideal situation:

Fire McCarthy
Hire Quinn as new Head Coach
Moore gets a heading coaching gig somewhere

Final result:

We get the same results as always. The names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Jerry is the problem. Arrogant, egotistical. Everything is ok as long as he is making money and thinks he is the smartest guy in the room. That’s why we are the laughing stock!

Cmac

Reaction score
JJ should get on his yacht, have some Bourbon, watch the sunrise and sunset, have more Bourbon.......and then ask me what he should do? I wanna get paid too.......like KMoore.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The type of coach needed to right this ship is the type of coach Jerry doesn't want.

The Jimmy Johnsons and Bill Parcells of the league want total control. Jerry doesn't want to give any coach that.

So we're left with the Wade Phillips, Jason Garretts and Dave Campos of the world.

Sigh. :facepalm:

chicago JK

Reaction score
Yawn...same thing every year.

The fans will be all be cheering for him when he enters training camp next year.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The type of coach needed to right this ship is the type of coach Jerry doesn't want.

The Jimmy Johnsons and Bill Parcells of the league want total control. Jerry doesn't want to give any coach that.

So we're left with the Wade Phillips, Jason Garretts and Dave Campos of the world.

Sigh. :facepalm:

giphy.gif

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is Jerry going to retire?
No. He will not sell the team and retire to his billion dollar yacht.

What Jones should do is a matter of what he needs or wants from his franchise. As the owner, Jones needs the franchise for more wealth and fame. As the self-appointed President, he needs the title to remain as the number one overall executive of his franchise.

The Dallas Cowboys existed before he purchased the franchise. It will continue to exist after his time has passed. In-between those two certainties is Jones' want for being the general manager. If it was a living entity, the franchise would tell him it does not need him as its general manager. Other qualified general managers could have always replaced Jones and did a poorer job, the same job, or a better job and the franchise would have kept on kicking.

Jones is his own worst enemy by squandering yearly opportunities for success via fresh, totally independent perspective. I have always wished the media would constantly remind him of this fact but they could not care less about getting on Jones' bad side for fear he would alienate them. So, he has zero incentive to retire the one title he does not need since his one true weakness--the weakness shared and self-respected by any narcissist--is never exploited: his own self-image.

Jones wants his general manager title. Always has. Neither his franchise nor he require him to keep it though.