FS1 Speak: Dak Prescott, Cowboys QB feels ‘sense of urgency entering age-30 season

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last time I checked there were no paychecks from any media source to the PAPPYDOG.
lol. It is one thing to post an occasional video from some random anonymous YouTube channel. YouTube channels affiliated with multi-billion dollar media networks is a totally different matter.

These media sources SHOULD BE PAYING anyone regularly posting a notable volume of their content onto other websites. It is not like they cannot afford to compensate anyone.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I can’t support players that hold my team back.

I’m team over player.

The more fans that support bad players (Dak) the easier it makes it for Jerry to hitch the wagons to him longer and continue this Super Bowl slump.
After reading Jimmys book. I have a much better understanding of Jerry. Its worth the read.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I expect they will demand that people be banned for even mentioning that game
They want us all banned.
Then they dare to talk about HATE and agenda.
They like the word HATE fits the agenda they're trying to sell to compensate for Prescott's egg-laying.
They are fewer now and by this coming December, you will need a microscope to find them.
Not even DAKKO can overcome the STAR!
We were here before inepto and ya god willing will still be here when he hits the road!!!

morat1959

Reaction score
They want us all banned.
Then they dare to talk about HATE and agenda.
They like the word HATE fits the agenda they're trying to sell to compensate for Prescott's egg-laying.
They are fewer now and by this coming December, you will need a microscope to find them.
Not even DAKKO can overcome the STAR!
We were here before inepto and ya god willing will still be here when he hits the road!!!
That day can’t get here soon enough!

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Dak is what he is....now at 30, what is he gonna improve? His accuracy, his arm, his intellect? And so he had no urgency when he was 25, 26, 27....? Now after getting paid, i see even less urgency. He is deteriorating each year now, kind of like Zeke when he was here.

The Cowboys like a bad marriage, need to bite the bullet and split....but knowing these two bubble heads, i see them doubling down on a losing bet. And anyone who thinks, "cheaper to keep her", have never been through it. Financially, physically, mentally.... hell on earth. Neither one deserves a life sentence. No matter who is to blame.

Catpappy

Reaction score
27 years with team going nowhere but we supposed to be excited. I’m tired of loosing. If this offends someone tuff. Prove it Dak! No name calling here just facts. If the team carries you to a playoff game then do what you’re paid for. I see a guy playing scared in a league that’s a lot easier for a quarterback. Don’t compare him to any older quarterbacks cause he’s in the powder puff league now.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What really boggles my mind is why its one or the other?

Why cant we be a fan of the team but expect better from certain players/coaches/front office? It makes 0 sense to blindly follow anything in life, and even more so when its a team you support. Thats just my opinion.
Too rational....thats why.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak is what he is....now at 30, what is he gonna improve? His accuracy, his arm, his intellect? And so he had no urgency when he was 25, 26, 27....? Now after getting paid, i see even less urgency. He is deteriorating each year now, kind of like Zeke when he was here.

The Cowboys like a bad marriage, need to bite the bullet and split....but knowing these two bubble heads, i see them doubling down on a losing bet. And anyone who thinks, "cheaper to keep her", have never been through it. Financially, physically, mentally.... hell on earth. Neither one deserves a life sentence. No matter who is to blame.
In order to bite the Dak bullets it’s gonna cost us Lamb or Micah or Diggs and it’s not worth it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

The Cowboys like a bad marriage, need to bite the bullet and split....but knowing these two bubble heads, i see them doubling down on a losing bet.
This says it all, Dak is on the downside,now, and he thinks he will suddenly improve??
Maybe he looks at the team now and thinks, yeah good team so I will look better now !.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear ya Dak
I feel nobody read your scouting report, LOL.
Except for linehan of course.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

ok watched this and they make some good points, like only P.Manning was with his original team for 8 years and won a SB.
matt ryan made it to a sb same scenario but he lost.
So it does seem unlikely that dak can do what only Payton did. or even what ryan did.

But they also pointed out dallas is loaded, and the nfc is the weakest it has been ever.
So now is the time that cowboys have a chance.

One of the guys was a ex packer who played for mike when they won the SB, and he and the packer players felt they should win 2-3 more SB's
but they didnt, and who was the HC.........mike was lol 15-1 and lost in champ game to giants I think. Mike also beat us in 2014 then lost to seattle
when they had the game won, but let up, and allowed seattle to make a miracle comeback.
So dont count on mike to lead cowboys to victory in the playoffs.

His teams were like dallas, good seasons, good records , then go fizz in playoffs, and there he had rogers and some good players too.
I think the key is the battle for the #1 seed.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
The Peyton Manning example is not good. Most QBs are not kept long enough with their original team to make it to 30. I think 1/10th of QBs are even kept long enough to dent that obviously poorly researched stat. Right now Dak is the only QB over 30 in the entire league still with the team that drafted him. So the eligible stat is like 1 out of 32 right now. Essentially less than the previously mentioned 1/10th even eligible.

Guys like Marino, Manning, and Ryan are among the few examples of QBs kept really really long. But they're among a small percentage of overall QBs in the league. In all 3 cases, I think if you keep a QB long enough they'll make at least one Super Bowl. And all 3 did.