FS1 Speak: Dak Prescott, Cowboys QB feels ‘sense of urgency entering age-30 season

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but this whole premise is ridiculous. I heard Mark Holmes talking about this while I was working about this. Firstly, there's always a sense of urgency for an NFL player. I have seen no evidence that Dak has no sense of "urgency" at any point of his career. He may not have had seasons that ended as we'd like. That doesn't mean he wasn't playing with a sense of urgency.

Secondly, where's this same sentiment towards players like Derek Carr? I remember when we made the deal for Amari Cooper that some on here were talking about how they'd prefer to have Carr. You know, the same Carr who bottled it with DeVonte Adams. The same Carr who the Raiders couldn't wait to push out last season. And now he's with a Saints team with a crap coach and no where near the WR group. So, yeah, I think the Cowboys made the right call on that.

ESisback

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but this whole premise is ridiculous. I heard Mark Holmes talking about this while I was working about this. Firstly, there's always a sense of urgency for an NFL player. I have seen no evidence that Dak has no sense of "urgency" at any point of his career. He may not have had seasons that ended as we'd like. That doesn't mean he wasn't playing with a sense of urgency.

Secondly, where's this same sentiment towards players like Derek Carr? I remember when we made the deal for Amari Cooper that some on here were talking about how they'd prefer to have Carr. You know, the same Carr who bottled it with DeVonte Adams. The same Carr who the Raiders couldn't wait to push out last season. And now he's with a Saints team with a crap coach and no where near the WR group. So, yeah, I think the Cowboys made the right call on that.
Now you’ll be called a Dak Lover

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

I am just glad you are here to channel Deek's thoughts and even more glad you provide this service for us.

And, most important, why bring up Carr? Why do your Deek apologists keep bringing up Carr, Romo etc?
Yes, Deek is in their class, but I am concerned only with Deek.
I have no truck with your QBs you bring up, so let it rest, buy some anti-itch powder and focus on Deek, why don't you good chap?

Last edited:

GMO415

Reaction score
The times now. If he can't get it done with this team then he can't ever get it done.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I am just glad you are here to channel Deek's thoughts and even more glad you provide this service for us.

And, most important, why bring up Carr? Why do your Deek apologists keep bringing up Carr, Romo etc?
Yes, Deek is in their class, but I am concerned only with Deek.
I have no truck with your QBs you bring up, so let it rest, buy some anti-itch powder and focus on Deek, why don't you good chap?

For one thing, I was making the Carr comparison to point out an example of a player who was widely being begged for by posters on this forum to be acquired by the Cowboys. Secondly, I was pointing out how stupid the notion is that the "sense of urgency" is any different this season than it was last season.