FS1:The gap between the Cowboys and the Eagles is at the quarterback position

ghst187

Reaction score
I'm not so sure. Wentz was always injury-prone through his college days. I am not surprised at all that he became injured a number of times. As for RG3, there were warning signs about his gait before the draft, specifically in tibial torsion and the way his knees lay, which would lead his to be more at risk for injury. Concerns confirmed. Zion Williamson has a similar issue. Know how many games he has missed already in his career?

Hurts might be different. RG3 always looked fragile. Wentz is big and strong but not stoutly built. Hurts looks like a fullback or MMA heavyweight fighter. If he goes the Franco Harris route when running, he may be able to play that style for 5-6 years.
Then there’s Dak…no injury history, built like a tank but then got a major leg injury and his game has taken a step back because of more hesitation to run by both him and the coaches. Then, his passing flaws get exposed.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Dak arguably outplayed Aaron Rodgers in that divisional game.
I hear you. I feel bad how much crap Dak gets. People are just frustrated from the lack of playoff success. I saw a few days ago it's been 10,000 days since Dallas was in the NFC championship. That's a lot of nights. Dallas is a to 3 team in the NFC and it's just time.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Outplayed? In what regard? The scoreboard reads otherwise.
Just because you lose doesn't mean you didn't outplay the person across from you. It's been awhile but I remember it going similar to how the Hurts and Chiefs game went. Dak threw that interception and it pretty much was the difference in the game even though he did it rather early.

LysleE

Reaction score
Eagles have the better QB, OL and DL; also think they have a better FO, who are constantly trying to improve their team and not resting on won championships and Super Bowls decades ago.

Hadenough

Reaction score
so says who? oh, wait, forgot that's your wish since you are a Bash Dak over Dallas cult member.... got it. :thumbup:

and this is about Hurts being so good, that he needs all of that to succeed. would he without those tools?
Having the greatest TE and WRs and Oline still the QB has to make great throws. Dak just folds under pressure.
Even with great tools you still need a QB to get them the ball.

McMicah

Reaction score
I could have. he didn't win it. what does it mean then? that after rookie year success couldn't be copied, we should have cut him. not sure what you meant by this.

btw, show me one QB, who made it to the superbowl.

btw, you know he lost to Aaron Rodgers. right? you are faulting him for not beating aaron rodgers.
I think the point I was making is that Dak had the same things Jaylen has, but everyone is making Jaylen out to be a terrible qb with an amazing team.

I’m just saying I think we are either wrong about Jaylen or wrong about Dak or maybe a bit of both.

Not sure what you were asking above about a qb that made the Super Bowl. Did you mean to type a ‘rookie’ qb? Jaylen. If just any qb, I guess there are 2 each year so I’m guessing a typo?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Just because you lose doesn't mean you didn't outplay the person across from you. It's been awhile but I remember it going similar to how the Hurts and Chiefs game went. Dak threw that interception and it pretty much was the difference in the game even though he did it rather early.
Dak threw an interception followed by an interception by Rodgers. The difference in the game was Rodgers made more plays than Dak. The Cowboys never led after going up 3 - 0 and at one point they were in a hole at 21 - 3. Basically the offense went missing during spells of that game. Of course they rallied and climbed out of the hole and tied the game 28-28. Then both teams traded FG's making it 31-31 followed by Aaron Rodgers who allegedly was playing on one leg basically htting his TE on the sideline to setup the game winning FG. So remind me again, when Dak outplayed Rodgers in that game?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak threw an interception followed by an interception by Rodgers. The difference in the game was Rodgers made more plays than Dak. The Cowboys never led after going up 3 - 0 and at one point they were in a hole at 21 - 3. Basically the offense went missing during spells of that game. Of course they rallied and climbed out of the hole and tied the game 28-28. Then both teams traded FG's making it 31-31 followed by Aaron Rodgers who allegedly was playing on one leg basically htting his TE on the sideline to setup the game winning FG. So remind me again, when Dak outplayed Rodgers in that game?
Well one threw for 18 points…the other threw for 12….

Hadenough

Reaction score
so says who? oh, wait, forgot that's your wish since you are a Bash Dak over Dallas cult member.... got it. :thumbup:

and this is about Hurts being so good, that he needs all of that to succeed. would he without those tools?
Evidently you didn't see how Hurts has progressed. Some of the throws he made to a covered WR and TE 20 yards down field on the run were throws Dak can't do.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I believe the GB defense was also the 31st ranked pass defense that year.