FST Blog: Ellis hints at something big

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Aven8;2334089 said:
Clarence Hill on the Irvin show just mentioned this as well.

I'm curious if Jerry is going to ax some people. Who really knows?

Read, Stew and Campo, if reassigned or axed would be scapegoats.

Jerra, nothing short of putting Wade out of his misery is acceptable!!!

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Nothing to worry about.

You can't possibly assume that anything is wrong.

Just ask some of the guys on the board.

All is well.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Gee i wonder what the problem is.

Gee I wonder who fractures teams?

gee I wonder.

MrMom

Reaction score
Greg Ellis: 'I'm just disappointed in this organization right now'
12:43 PM Mon, Oct 13, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brian Davis E-mail News tips

If you're looking for someone to tell it like it is, listen to what Greg Ellis had to say today.

"I'm just disappointed in this organization right now," said Ellis, who is in his 11th year with the Cowboys. "From the whole deal of it. Things just aren't going real good.

"Before the game, I said everybody's got to take part in this football team - the strength coaches, the coaches, the owners, the head coaches. This football team is truly a team sport. You need everybody to win. Everybody has to do their best for us to win. Right now, I feel like we -- players, Greg Ellis included, all of us -- we're just not putting our best foot forward right now."

Ellis wouldn't come right out and say it, but it seems obvious. This team has deeper problems that a few missed tackles on kickoff coverage or a starting quarterback being out four weeks with a broken finger.

"To me, we're not maximizing what we have," Ellis said. "I don't say that to start controversy. I pray that guys who hear me say this, the coaches on the staff, everybody, realize that I just feel like we can do better as a whole Dallas Cowboys organization."

Flame away on Ellis if you so choose, and we all know some will. He even admitted that when he speaks, sometimes he gets criticized. But it's hard to blast him right now. He might be saying what needs to be said.

Spectre

Reaction score
Players don't find out about coaches getting axed before the actual coaches do.
C'mon people. What kind of a business would that be?
Nor do they know about insider trade discussions.

Sounds to me like he's just saying he it wouldn't be beneficial to disclose who the players are pointing the finger at about the loss. Maybe there were some discussions or arguments had on the sideline, etc. that he just won't elaborate on. The defense probably has had words about Brian Stewart or the Special Teams coach.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
MrMom;2334180 said:

"From the whole deal of it. Things just aren't going real good.

"Before the game, I said everybody's got to take part in this football team - the strength coaches, the coaches, the owners, the head coaches. This football team is truly a team sport. You need everybody to win. Everybody has to do their best for us to win. Right now, I feel like we -- players, Greg Ellis included, all of us -- we're just not putting our best foot forward right now."

Ellis wouldn't come right out and say it, but it seems obvious. This team has deeper problems that a few missed tackles on kickoff coverage or a starting quarterback being out four weeks with a broken finger.

"To me, we're not maximizing what we have," Ellis said. "I don't say that to start controversy. I pray that guys who hear me say this, the coaches on the staff, everybody, realize that I just feel like we can do better as a whole Dallas Cowboys organization."

Flame away on Ellis if you so choose, and we all know some will. He even admitted that when he speaks, sometimes he gets criticized. But it's hard to blast him right now. He might be saying what needs to be said.

I cant read anything else into that other than he is being honest and things are not well. Nothing more.

utrunner07

Reaction score
I cant believe ya'll have not gotten it yet:

Anthony Spencer is going to replace Ellis as the starter...thats what he is talking about...

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Rampage;2334203 said:
sounds like Ellis is sick of our terrible coaching.

He could be stressing the coach bit, (of course Im only reading his words), but maybe they do think the coaches aren't using the talent they have properly.

Players always seem to think that, but how many of us here think we have way too much talent to be in a mess like this? He may have a point.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
MrMom;2334180 said:
"To me, we're not maximizing what we have," Ellis said. "I don't say that to start controversy. I pray that guys who hear me say this, the coaches on the staff, everybody, realize that I just feel like we can do better as a whole Dallas Cowboys organization.".

To me, the fact that he specifically said "coaches" and then lumped everyone else under the "everybody" tag suggests some major issues with the staff.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
utrunner07;2334219 said:
I cant believe ya'll have not gotten it yet:

Anthony Spencer is going to replace Ellis as the starter...thats what he is talking about...

That makes sense. Ellis generally doesn't care unless it directly affects him.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Cowboyz88;2334234 said:
To me, the fact that he specifically said "coaches" and then lumped everyone else under the "everybody" tag suggests some major issues with the staff.

The players had major issues with Parcells' coaching staff(I remember Jean-Jacques Taylor saying players admitted this to him), and now they're complaining about Wade's.

Really-an overhaul of this 53 man roster wouldn't be a bad idea. Nothing will satisfy them.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
ddh33;2334093 said:
Hmmm?

Look, it doesn't take a genius to see that there are some problems. They don't all seem to be based on what is happening on the field either.

I have been saying that this team, including the coaches, have been having a hard time dealing with the expectations.

This makes me wonder if they are having a hard time dealing with the egos too? Just wondering aloud. I do think there are some guys on this team who think they are better than they actually are.
I wasn't around yesterday before the game, but what about that report Werder supposedly had about Bradie indicating that some were tired of all the constant Pacman and TO talk? (At least that's what a buddy of mine told me.)

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some jealousy or dissention from some players with all the high-profile players on this team.

Frozen700

Reaction score
MrMom;2334180 said:
12:43 PM Mon, Oct 13, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brian Davis E-mail News tips

If you're looking for someone to tell it like it is, listen to what Greg Ellis had to say today.

"I'm just disappointed in this organization right now," said Ellis, who is in his 11th year with the Cowboys. "From the whole deal of it. Things just aren't going real good.

sounds like hes saying were not getting the ball enough to TO/using him the way other teams have in the past.......and the Defense isnt using the talent the way we should be

maybe more man/blitz's idk

Aven8

Reaction score
Hey.....how about a sack Greg.....or even some pressure???

I'll bet Ware was yelling at him saying, "I could use some help Greg!!!"

I know one thing the coaches are screwing up is taking Zach out on third down. He's one of the best cover lb's in the league!!!