FST Blog: Ellis hints at something big

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
I do agree that there seem to be some mentally weak guys on the team, but neither Parcells or Wade have let the dogs loose on a consistent basis.

Maybe the players want to bring the kitchen sink and are tired of begging to do so?

Boysboy;2334251 said:
The players had major issues with Parcells' coaching staff(I remember Jean-Jacques Taylor saying players admitted this to him), and now they're complaining about Wade's.

Really-an overhaul of this 53 man roster wouldn't be a bad idea. Nothing will satisfy them.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2334271 said:
I wasn't around yesterday before the game, but what about that report Werder supposedly had about Bradie indicating that some were tired of all the constant Pacman and TO talk? (At least that's what a buddy of mine told me.)

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some jealousy or dissention from some players with all the high-profile players on this team.

It makes sense. i am just a joe blow fan and I am sick and tired of the last 3 weeks and pacman, owens and jerry just constantly jabbering.

and its no coincidence this team looks screwed up in that same time period.

hopefully goodell kicks pamans behind to the curb today. that will be one down and one to go.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cowboyz88;2334284 said:
I do agree that there seem to be some mentally weak guys on the team, but neither Parcells or Wade have let the dogs loose on a consistent basis.

Maybe the players want to bring the kitchen sink and are tired of begging to do so?

I am starting to come over to this way of thinking as well ....

I will admit that I now think something is wrong with this team.

A few of you guys I have argued with the last year seem to have been right on the direction Wade took this club.

Last 3 weeks have been hard on me and my positive outlook.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Terence Newman700;2334275 said:
sounds like hes saying were not getting the ball enough to TO/using him the way other teams have in the past.......and the Defense isnt using the talent the way we should be

maybe more man/blitz's idk

Seem like you are and were right.

kid ..... ;)

Boysboy

Reaction score
Cowboyz88;2334284 said:

It's OK to disagree with coaches' playcalling et al, we as fans do it all the time.

But bottom line is that the players, if they want to win, they need to RESPECT their coaches, at the VERY least. Heck, whatever happened to running through the wall if your coach tells you so?

I've seen coaches with worse gameplanning and playcalling(i.e. Andy Reid), but they nonetheless command alot of respect from their players.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
But, if you feel the coaches are continually wrong, respect starts to fade.

Perhaps the fading actually began sometime last year?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cowboyz88;2334313 said:
All that said, Ellis is just a "chicken little" who knows nothing about football.

This team has no problems!

It seems like you and a few others were right .... there is something wrong with this teams mentality.

I was wrong.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2334271 said:
I wasn't around yesterday before the game, but what about that report Werder supposedly had about Bradie indicating that some were tired of all the constant Pacman and TO talk? (At least that's what a buddy of mine told me.)

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some jealousy or dissention from some players with all the high-profile players on this team.

I would take anything Werder says with a grain of salt. And besides, other guys like Felix Jones has been getting alot of media attention too.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;2334322 said:
It seems like you and a few others were right .... there is something wrong with this teams mentality.

I was wrong.

I commend you.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Dude.

I tried to edit my snaky remark, but guess I didn't do it in time.

It's all good. We're ALL frustrated with this team right now.

Something seriously needs to change and soon.

zrinkill;2334322 said:

I was wrong.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
theebs;2334290 said:
It makes sense. i am just a joe blow fan and I am sick and tired of the last 3 weeks and pacman, owens and jerry just constantly jabbering.

and its no coincidence this team looks screwed up in that same time period.

hopefully goodell kicks pamans behind to the curb today. that will be one down and one to go.

I said it during a preseason game after I saw Tank Johnson bark at Wade like he was the towel boy. We have a lot of motor mouths and loose cannons on this team. It's all well and good when we're winning, but it's hard to keep a team of individuals like that together when things start going bad and the finger pointing starts.

Also, am I the only one who saw Wade and Campo going at it after the opening kickoff? A group of mercenary assistant coaches who have more loyalty to the owner than the head coach is another one of those things that look better on paper than they do in practice. Do you think Campo respects Brian Stewart? Campo knows he has better job security with Jerry.

FCBarca

Reaction score
At this point, I'm more concerned with what will be done about the problems rather than getting everyone to admit there have been problems.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Cowboyz88;2334284 said:

I agree with this and I also think players are tired of the special teams letting them down for the last 3 years and nothing is done about it.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Great so now we can just add more BS, drama, and crap on top of all the other crap we've got going on here. That's just what we need with the injuries, bad play, bad play calling, poor performances, etc. is for a player to come out and indicate there is even more for the media to speculate on and make worse.

I have no issue with him saying anything but he needs to make it crystal clear what he believes the issue(s) are so that he doesn't leave endless media discussion out there in speculation about what he might be talking about.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2334342 said:
I said it during a preseason game after I saw Tank Johnson bark at Wade like he was the towel boy. We have a lot of motor mouths and loose cannons on this team. It's all well and good when we're winning, but it's hard to keep a team of individuals like that together when things start going bad and the finger pointing starts.

Also, am I the only one who saw Wade and Campo going at it after the opening kickoff? A group of mercenary assistant coaches who have more loyalty to the owner than the head coach is another one of those things that look better on paper than they do in practice. Do you think Campo respects Brian Stewart? Campo knows he has better job security with Jerry.

Nope I saw it happened right after the Kickof return for a td. Then again Parcells and his coaches where having shoving matches.

I was thinking the poodle probaly said wade let me have the st and show you how it is done

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
utrunner07;2334219 said:
I cant believe ya'll have not gotten it yet:

Anthony Spencer is going to replace Ellis as the starter...thats what he is talking about...

Anthony Spencer needs to worry about staying healthy rather than replacing Ellis. What good is Anthony Spencer if he keeps getting injured?

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
sounds like he's sick of the coaching and soft mentality especially on his side of the ball like just about all of us here are as well! maybe now that Romo is out the defense will play a lot more aggressive the entire game because we are gonna have trouble scoring now although we were already having trouble scoring at times... but yea hopefully it changes our mentality on D!

Viper

Reaction score
zrinkill;2334303 said:
I am starting to come over to this way of thinking as well ....

I will admit that I now think something is wrong with this team.

A few of you guys I have argued with the last year seem to have been right on the direction Wade took this club.

Last 3 weeks have been hard on me and my positive outlook.

Seems like I'm com'in over with you, yesterday was the first time i was a bit down during a game. But that can be contributed to an incident in my personnal life too.