FST Blog: Ellis hints at something big

goshan

Reaction score
You guys can dismiss it if you want, but the three leaders on Defense are Ellis, Bradie and Newman. Newman is out.

So Ellis, your voted in captain about 7 years now and team leader, is the one saying that there are issues.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This is Greg 'Drama Queen' Ellis that we are talking about and all this making up of BS led by the morality brigade is nice and all but c'mon.

VACowboy

Reaction score
From my seat, which is about as far from the Dallas locker room as it can be, the problem with the Cowboys is a mix of just the right elements to tear a team apart coming together at just the right time. You got your collection of primadonnas. You got your fist full of questionable characters. You got your owner-selected staff of coaches headed by a guy who runs a loose ship and commands respect from no one. You have a loss at home to your arch-rival followed by a complete and brutal physical thrashing that results in a close loss and a ton of injuries. You have ridiculous expectations in a circus, Hard Knocks atmosphere and whispers that reek of entitlement leaking out of every crack at the Ranch. You have an owner who condones behavior by players acting in direct conflict with the interest of the team. And when the losses come, injuries occur and the expectations aren't being met, it all comes crashing down.

My choice would be to get rid of certain players and hope Goodell suspends Pacman so I can at least get a draft pick back from Tennessee. The loss of Jones is obviously killing their defense.

This team needs leadership, discipline and identity. Unfortunately, I don't know where that will come from.

Boysboy

Reaction score
VACowboy;2334714 said:
From my seat, which is about as far from the Dallas locker room as it can be, the problem with the Cowboys is a mix of just the right elements to tear a team apart. You got your collection of primadonnas. You got your fist full of questionable characters. You got your owner-selected staff of coaches headed by a guy who runs a loose ship and commands respect from no one. You have a loss at home to your arch-rival followed by a complete and brutal physical thrashing that results in a close loss. You have ridiculous expectations in a circus, Hard Knocks atmosphere and whispers that reek of entitlement leaking out of every crack at the Ranch. You have an owner who condones behavior by players acting in direct conflict with the interest of the team. And when the losses come, injuries occur and the expectations aren't being met, it all comes crashing down.

My choice would be to get rid of certain players and hope Goodell suspends Pacman so I can at least get a draft pick back from Tennessee. The loss of Jones is obviously killing their defense.

This team needs the discipline and identity. Unfortunately, I don't know where that will come from.

Who knows? The sky may fall this year-but IF it does, this could be good fortunes in disguise. Jerry may learn his lesson, we can overhaul our coaching staff AND 53 man roster, we'll have alot of draft picks, including high ones, etc, etc.

Hey-Jerry gave up himself and hired Bill P in '03. Who knows? If things come crashing down really hard this year, he may be forced to do the same next year. Lure Steve Spagnuola away from the Giants.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Boysboy;2334728 said:
Who knows? The sky may fall this year-but IF it does, this could be good fortunes in disguise. Jerry may learn his lesson, we can overhaul our coaching staff AND 53 man roster, we'll have alot of draft picks, including high ones, etc, etc.

Hey-Jerry gave up himself and hired Bill P in '03. Who knows? If things come crashing down really hard this year, he may be forced to do the same next year. Lure Steve Spagnuola away from the Giants.

You read my mind. If Wade's gone after this season, Spagnuolo is my choice.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
VACowboy;2334755 said:

how would that be for irony.

He wouldnt work for snyder, I see no reason why he would work for jerry.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Please, guys. RJ will be our next head coach.

Probably with either Capers and his wig or Campo and his wetsuit as DC.

arglebargle

Reaction score
VACowboy;2334755 said:

Don't you think that's a big jump? Going from team reporter to Head Coach?

;)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
arglebargle;2334883 said:
Don't you think that's a big jump? Going from team reporter to Head Coach?

;)

lol

thanks I needed that laugh.

Tex

Reaction score
scary thought. Campo was always Jerrys boy. Hmmmmm Campo bumped to D.C. ?

Tex

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
After actually watching the interview in question here I think Ellis was spot on with what he said. I don't think he said anything bad, or terrible, he simply pointed out what a lot of people here have pointed out (Some very poorly unfortunately) in the way Dallas hasn't played the way they should have even in the wins.

mmohican29

Reaction score
IMO Greg Ellis can get out of town. I'm tired of his fingerpointing and whining. I've necer ever heard him say "I" played badly or "We" it's always some kind of perceived slight.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
mmohican29;2336579 said:
IMO Greg Ellis can get out of town. I'm tired of his fingerpointing and whining. I've necer ever heard him say "I" played badly or "We" it's always some kind of perceived slight.

Did you even bother to listen to the interview? He talked about the entire organization not getting the job done.

utrunner07

Reaction score
I just watched it and liked what he had to say....

I would guess he is talking about the Pacman situation and problems on the coaching staff, especially after the Cinnci win...