Video: FTF: Nick reacts to Cowboys 41-21 win over Eagles last night; criticizes McCarthy

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Why are so many ugly whinny guys on sports television now? How are they not staying with radio?

stiletto

Reaction score
I'd take Peyton Manning's opinion over most coaches and he was *screaming* for MM to call timeouts there.

Only a blind unadulterated Homer would support McCarthy's game management at the end of the first half last night.

Reactions: BAT

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Why are so many ugly whinny guys on sports television now? How are they not staying with radio?
thats kind of mean, but I know what you mean. Who is the guy on NFL Network with the gigantic ears? And you have this guys schnozz

CWR

Reaction score
Lol, MMs clock management is pretty terrible. He cost us a possession plain and simple.

Reactions: BAT

DFWJC

Reaction score
Same way he explained it away in Green Bay, always an excuse, plausible even if you squint hard enough.

MM is an expert in CYA, pretty good at it especially for a stupid guy.

But in all seriousness, which reporter or media guy is supporting your take that Moore's success is borne from MM?

It's actually the exact opposite, all the credit is going to KM hence all the HC talk concerning him FROM MULTIPLE SOURCES.

My take?
You have the wrong guy

DFWJC

Reaction score
Jesus Christ dude. It doesnt take an expert to call a timeout there. It's an obvious move any high school coach would make.

I get being the resident homer is your schtick but come on.
I know you weren't addressing me, but you guys are looking at this way too shallowly.

The offense had already a given up one TD when pinned deep.
Maybe we disagree, but playing it conservative there when you feel you have control is not completely nuts.

He said he (and everyone was discussing it with on the headphones) decided, in that particular case to go against the "obvious (and elementary) analytics" and take the conservative approach.

I don't care one way or the other about MM, but you guys are being goofy.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No offense, but I'll take Peyton Manning's opinion over a resident cheerleader who doesn't criticize anything Cowboys because that would make him feel like a bad fan.
Who are you calling a resident cheerleader? I've criticized MM on many occasions.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
if you think those were good MM decisions then you’re a wannabe football fan. Those calls were as dumb as your take.
Did I say MM's decisions were good? No, I did not, I just don't go around thinking I know better, as a lot of the fans do.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Every situation is different. I wouldn't want Dak on his own 10 no time outs, 1 minute and Cox and company pinning their ears back against Conner and Biadasz. If we sack Hurts on 3rd down instead of giving up 19....then call a TO. It's easy to criticize from a fans or announcers seat. Click bait
Coach we were eatin up the defense all half. We would have had over 1 min 30 seconds left. At least try for fg range.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I understand that, all I'm saying is that I don't blame him for not taking a chance. I would have called time out, but I understand why he didn't
I just think with how quick teams can score in the nfl you cant be conservative. Look my sons hs team im letting time run out lol

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I understand that, all I'm saying is that I don't blame him for not taking a chance. I would have called time out, but I understand why he didn't

I agree. I think vast majority would have called time out and force the punt. with over a min. The eagles punted and we got the ball on the 10 yard line and again would have had over a min and at least 1 timeout in our pocket. Instead he was content on going in at halftime with a 13 point lead. Less of a clock management issue, more of a different view of the situation. Again I did not agree with it

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. I think vast majority would have called time out and force the punt. with over a min. The eagles punted and we got the ball on the 10 yard line and again would have had over a min and at least 1 timeout in our pocket. Instead he was content on going in at halftime with a 13 point lead. Less of a clock management issue, more of a different view of the situation. Again I did not agree with it
I wonder what the narrative would be if he had called time out and Philly made a first down and went on to score??? Hmmmm

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I wonder what the narrative would be if he had called time out and Philly made a first down and went on to score??? Hmmmm

It was pretty long yardage on 3rd down and even 4th down and 5 (I believe) that would have been pretty risky on part of Eagles. I don't agree with him on this and would have called the timeout. The sad part is, this situation has taken away from the main point which was McCarthy had his team focused and ready to play, they went out and dominated this game that has been lost in all of this.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was pretty long yardage on 3rd down and even 4th down and 5 (I believe) that would have been pretty risky on part of Eagles. I don't agree with him on this and would have called the timeout. The sad part is, this situation has taken away from the main point which was McCarthy had his team focused and ready to play, they went out and dominated this game that has been lost in all of this.
Yes sir, he deserves credit for putting this staff together and setting the tone for a new attitude and no one seems to give him his due. Many on here have no idea what a walk around HC does.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yes sir, he deserves credit for putting this staff together and setting the tone for a new attitude and no one seems to give him his due. Many on here have no idea what a walk around HC does.

I agree. He is responsible for everything taking place and is there working along side his coordinators in putting in game plan. When they screw up it falls on McCarthy. I never once looked at Jimmy and said well he is not calling offense or defense so he does nothing, no as HC all of it falls on you. McCarthy job is to see to it that his team is prepared and ready to play on game day. When they are not it is the HC who catches hell.