Video: FTF: Nick reacts to Cowboys 41-21 win over Eagles last night; criticizes McCarthy

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Okay, I respect your opinion because you are insightful and usually right on the money.
Was it awful because they should have gone for more points?
Yes why would you let up. This is the NFL not high school. Teams can score 13 points in no time and be back in the game. Plus the eagles get the ball back at half if they drive and score its a 6 point game. Plus they havent stopped you all night.

Yes should have kept our foot on their neck. And got after it. Just because we had a good half doesnt mean we should just think the eagles would roll over and not try to make it a game

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes why would you let up. This is the NFL not high school. Teams can score 13 points in no time and be back in the game. Plus the eagles get the ball back at half if they drive and score its a 6 point game. Plus they havent stopped you all night.

Yes should have kept our foot on their neck. And got after it. Just because we had a good half doesnt mean we should just think the eagles would roll over and not try to make it a game
Fair enough.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
Everyone is an expert!

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
LOL - nope, not at all.

And the Mannings questioned very loudly why Cowboys allowed the clock to run off.

That is an indictment on the HC, whether they called him out by name or not.

How do you know?

I give you that time management sucks with Mike McCarthy. But how do you know that he doesn't have some significant effect with Kellen Moore's playcalling?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
LOL - nope, not at all.

And the Mannings questioned very loudly why Cowboys allowed the clock to run off.

That is an indictment on the HC, whether they called him out by name or not.

Because McCarthy was a big, fat dumbazz

But that still doesn't point out the improvements we've been seeing in the playingcalling that we've seen from Kellen Moore.

Reactions: BAT

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We just have a bunch of wannabe head coaches that oppose MM's decisions because they think they know better. Never underestimate the arrogance of that particular group of fans. They will always think they know better. :facepalm:

No offense, but I'll take Peyton Manning's opinion over a resident cheerleader who doesn't criticize anything Cowboys because that would make him feel like a bad fan.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Because McCarthy was a big, fat dumbazz

But that still doesn't point out the improvements we've been seeing in the playingcalling that we've seen from Kellen Moore.

Not necessary to fat shame the mentally challenged.

But perhaps Kellen is improving over time due to experience, like most of us?

That is just as likely the source of improvement as your idea.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I LOVED the heat.

I need MORE.

Nick is FAR from the only media or NFL expert to CONTINUOUSLY point this out.

Mike McCarthy is a CRETIN, a useless one at that.
I listened to MM's presser today and he sounded very well informed and prepared.
This was not a situation where they did not know exactly what they were doing.

I wanted us to be more aggressive too before the half, but he said it was a purposeful decision that had been discussed both before the drive and while it was going.

Just purposefully conservative in that particular situation.....the opposite of when they went for it on 4th down a few times.

He explained it well.
So for sure NOT mismanagement.
Maybe we don't agree with him, but it was thought out and executed as planned.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thats not being an expert, come on coach thats basics.
Every situation is different. I wouldn't want Dak on his own 10 no time outs, 1 minute and Cox and company pinning their ears back against Conner and Biadasz. If we sack Hurts on 3rd down instead of giving up 19....then call a TO. It's easy to criticize from a fans or announcers seat. Click bait

DaBoys12

Reaction score
Or we could have gotten the ball around our 10, tried to force it downfield in a hurry and made a mistake to give the Eagles points. We've seen that happen before. I don't know why fans think it couldn't happen again. It was inside a minute-and-a-half (I believe) and the first-down mark was near-midfield, so the primary goal was to stop the Eagles from getting a first down.

As I've said elsewhere, I would have called the timeout on third down just in case we stopped them fairly deep and had a chance to get the ball closer to the 40. After they got over 20 yards on the third-down play, I would have done the same thing he did, let the clock run out and avoid making a mistake. The chances of driving from deep in our territory to field-goal range with a minute left are not that high.

I agree. The center was being run over all night. The only points the birds had was on defense at that point. Backed up, no time outs, you think phillys not coming hard down there? What if there’s a sack fumble, and they get the ball down there? Plus they get the second half kick off? Why take that chance? You have control of the game, take the lead to the locker room, don’t take a chance to give them any momentum. Conservative? Definitely! MM needs to work on game management, I agree, but I think this has been way over blown here.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I listened to MM's presser today and he sounded very well informed and prepared.
This was not a situation where they did not know exactly what they were doing.

I wanted us to be more aggressive too before the half, but he said it was a purposeful decision that had been discussed both before the drive and while it was going.

Just purposefully conservative in that particular situation.....the opposite of when they went for it on 4th down a few times.

He explained it well.
So for sure NOT mismanagement.
Maybe we don't agree with him, but it was thought out and executed as planned.

Same way he explained it away in Green Bay, always an excuse, plausible even if you squint hard enough.

MM is an expert in CYA, pretty good at it especially for a stupid guy.

But in all seriousness, which reporter or media guy is supporting your take that Moore's success is borne from MM?

It's actually the exact opposite, all the credit is going to KM hence all the HC talk concerning him FROM MULTIPLE SOURCES.

Last edited:

MaineBoy

Reaction score
We just have a bunch of wannabe head coaches that oppose MM's decisions because they think they know better. Never underestimate the arrogance of that particular group of fans. They will always think they know better. :facepalm:

if you think those were good MM decisions then you’re a wannabe football fan. Those calls were as dumb as your take.

DaBoys12

Reaction score
Same way he explained it away in Green Bay, always an excuse, plausible even if you squint hard enough.

MM is an expert in CYA, pretty good at it especially for a stupid guy.

Your BAT **** Crazy, but I like it. I hope your wrong, but I can’t argue with you….good points. The boys are playing some of the best ball we’ve seen in along time, we have to give him some credit no? IDK? To your point, I do find myself saying don’t do something stupid here MM. And I do worry, he could cost us big time if he don’t get better there real quick.

kumizi

Reaction score
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
Everyone is an expert!
Jesus Christ dude. It doesnt take an expert to call a timeout there. It's an obvious move any high school coach would make.

I get being the resident homer is your schtick but come on.

T-RO

Reaction score
I'd take Peyton Manning's opinion over most coaches and he was *screaming* for MM to call timeouts there.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Without reading all four pages, I really don't understand the outrage over McCarthy's handling of the end of the half. The Cowboys were in such total control I thought for sure the Eagles would go for it on 4th down. And with the lead the Cowboys had, they didn't have to try and mount a scoring drive with less than a minute left either.

A timeout by Dallas could have changed the Eagles' mind to go for it. And even if they didn't, their punt pinned Dallas back at their own 11. That would have forced the Cowboys to move at least 60 yards in under a minute with no timeouts to even get a chance at a field goal.

Again, was all this worth it with a two score lead in a game the Cowboys had a 19-1 edge in first downs in at the half? I may take heat for this but McCarthy played it right in my opinion.