Twitter: Full Defensive Lineup Finally Available

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think it’s pretty clear that JKearse has earned the depth chart starting spot. But if you look at snap counts all 4 safeties play, and Wilson gets a ton of snaps when he’s healthy. But in terms of the starter when both are healthy it’s been Kearse and for good reason.

They wanted Hill and Gallimore to start at DT and if Gallimore hadn’t gotten hurt he’d have started over Urban or Hill depending on formation. Remember, Urban didn’t even start week 1 as Carlos Watkins has consistently been above him on the depth chart. Look back at the depth chart from week 1 you’ll see Watkins ahead of Urban. Depending on formation it was him or Gallimore/Hill they originally planned for the DT spots. Urban was a depth/base runs defense guy,

I’m fairly sure the lineup indicated in the tweet would’ve been the starting lineup had everyone been healthy including Hill.

Still need Wilson as that thumper SS in the 3 safety formations that we use a lot of.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I just hope they aren't rushing anyone back. I've heard a lot of impatient fans wanting Gregory and Gallimore back several weeks ago. That's a result of fans thinking it's about what they want rather than about the player's health.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Excited to see how the starters plus depth shape this defense. Could be a really stout group that also forces turnovers. If the O is scoring we’ll be putting the opposing teams in a stressful position. The more we have opponents being 1-dimensional and passing the better we’ll play defensively.

Holy Chit! The Calvary are coming to save the game. D wins Champs.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Neville Gallimore is a 3Tech tho..hasn't shown himself to be a NT and wasn't drafted to be. Everything else looks about right.
Is Micah a 3 tech or a 1 tech . . . or is he a DE?
. . . asking for a frien

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I just hope they aren't rushing anyone back. I've heard a lot of impatient fans wanting Gregory and Gallimore back several weeks ago. That's a result of fans thinking it's about what they want rather than about the player's health.
Uh, come on Joe, Gallimore has been out all season for a hyper-extended elbow that should have healed after 4-6 weeks at the most. Gregory has been out 4 weeks which should be plenty of time to heal from a pulled calf muscle.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Replace Kazee with Wilson and LVE with anybody, and we’re good.