Twitter: Full Defensive Lineup Finally Available

Zman5

Reaction score
So who gets cut? Do we have the roster spots available?

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
This is a great thing, but I'm sure a negative Nancy will chime in soon.......
Only guy missing is Damien Wilson, who was having a pretty decent season at safety. I want to see what this new dline can do!

Reactions: CWR

calicowboy54

Reaction score
The best part of this is the rotations will keep some weak links off the field. Behind Gregory and Lawrence there is Armstrong and Basham instead of Golston. Behind Odighizuwa and Gallimore there is Watkins and Hill. Bohanna will be used sparingly. I like the rookies but they have been inconsistent at best. I wonder what happens to Hamilton who has looked better than Bohanna in the middle.
i hope they don’t cut hamilton to get some of these other guys on the field. he’s strong and quick for his size. he’s been flashing on plays a lot. just gets run down if used too much. needed to be heavily rotated.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

Excited to see how the starters plus depth shape this defense. Could be a really stout group that also forces turnovers. If the O is scoring we’ll be putting the opposing teams in a stressful position. The more we have opponents being 1-dimensional and passing the better we’ll play defensively.

Please, please get Wilson back or put in Hooker and get Kazee out of there. Please!!!!

stuckindc

Reaction score
I just hope they aren't rushing anyone back. I've heard a lot of impatient fans wanting Gregory and Gallimore back several weeks ago. That's a result of fans thinking it's about what they want rather than about the player's health.
Galimore was hurt in TC and supposed to be back weeks ago..if he isnt ready yet,then he'll never be ready..its go time.,

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
That’s a pretty impressive lineup except for LVE.

For real. That kid is an empty uniform. In a contract year no less.

Couldn’t be more disappointed in his production this season. Can’t believe there isn’t a PS LBer out there somewhere that we could sign who actually has the heart and balls needed to play the position

cffl2323

Reaction score
Neville Gallimore is a 3Tech tho..hasn't shown himself to be a NT and wasn't drafted to be. Everything else looks about right.

With the way that nickel has become most team's base defense instead of 4-3/3-4, hasn't the 3T kind of also evolved into the base DT as well? While I'd agree that Gallimore isn't a DT in the mold of Wilfork/Ngata, but he's still a very large man.

I mean that as an honest question, because I still don't fully understand the meaningful difference between a 1T and 3T even after watching some videos trying to understand it. I get the starting point positionally, but not why it's a huge difference on how someone can be good/great at one, and not so good at the other. Seems to me you want one that's huge and can anchor and take on double teams, and another that's more nimble, but Gallimore def seems large enough to be an anchor.

After watching some highlights of Gallimore to refresh my memory, I'm very excited to get him back. His upside is huge, and exactly where we need improvement.

cffl2323

Reaction score
For real. That kid is an empty uniform. In a contract year no less.

Couldn’t be more disappointed in his production this season. Can’t believe there isn’t a PS LBer out there somewhere that we could sign who actually has the heart and balls needed to play the position

I think LVE is making a lot of business decisions and as much as it sucks for the 2021 Cowboys, I can't really blame him to be honest. Could be his one and only shot at a payday. He might make a huge improvement next year after his financial future is a little more stable. Either way hopefully his body isn't ruined for life, for his sake.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Good thing Parsons got his 10 sacks cause he's probably gonna be overused in coverage now.
Naw.. Lawrence will play like 65% he will take his spot when on the bench . Parsons will be rushing the QB a lot

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I think LVE is making a lot of business decisions and as much as it sucks for the 2021 Cowboys, I can't really blame him to be honest. Could be his one and only shot at a payday. He might make a huge improvement next year after his financial future is a little more stable. Either way hopefully his body isn't ruined for life, for his sake.

You may be right. And if so— the sooner LVE leaves the better. Too bad Cox is on IR and Neal is not playing well. Would love to see LVE sent to the bench until he decides it’s worth it to play the game the right way lol

stilltheguru

Reaction score
One of the weakest posts I've ever seen. Smh did you tuck him in after you pressed send as well?