Fun Fact: Dak Prescott had more Touchdowns than Daniel Jones

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You're not a realist though. You cannot say the things you say and then call yourself a realist.
I state facts:

1. Cowboys offense #1 in nfl history. First 4 games
2. Cowboys defense worst in NFL history. First 4 games
3. Offense 32 per game
4. Defense 39 per game
5. Dak 360 yards passing per game. #1

You can dispute any of it.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I state facts:

1. Cowboys offense #1 in nfl history. First 4 games
2. Cowboys defense worst in NFL history. First 4 games
3. Offense 32 per game
4. Defense 39 per game
5. Dak 360 yards passing per game. #1

You can dispute any of it.
Are you really still going on about 4 games? lol

That is the weakest argument I think I've even seen. That's when you know someone is reaching.

All them pretty stats have made you willfully blind.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

That is the weakest argument I think I've even seen. That's when you know someone is reaching.

What’s the matter? Don’t want to talk about last year anymore?

I’m stating facts and you cant handle it. Lol

Dak just signed long term. FO just overhauled the defense. Sorry but you lost the argument. Badly!!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Should we move onto another year? Pick one.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
What’s the matter? Don’t want to talk about last year anymore?

I’m stating facts and you cant handle it. Lol

Dak just signed long term. FO just overhauled the defense. Sorry but you lost the argument. Badly!!!!
I'm glad 1-3 with pretty numbers make you happy. I expect better though.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Why? All of them end short of the team reaching it's goals.

I mean, the teams goals and your goals are not the same I assume. As long as Dak puts up empty stats you seem to be happy as can be. So, me picking a year won't matter. Because you will find some empty stat from Dak that makes you happy, you'll harp on it forever, and ignore the lack of success.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm glad 1-3 with pretty numbers make you happy. I expect better though.

No losing sucks. But at least I know the good players on a bad team. You obviously can even do that.
Back to team record I see. Lol

You expect better? You can’t even figure out what’s wrong with the team? Lol

if the defense improves then we should expect better.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why? All of them end short of the team reaching it's goals.

I mean, the teams goals and your goals are not the same I assume. As long as Dak puts up empty stats you seem to be happy as can be. So, me picking a year won't matter. Because you will find some empty stat from Dak that makes you happy, you'll harp on it forever, and ignore the lack of success.

Daks stats proves you lose the dak argument.

team record proves the team needs help. Defensive stats say it’s the defense that sucks.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
No losing sucks. But at least I know the good players on a bad team. You obviously can even do that.
Back to team record I see. Lol

You expect better? You can’t even figure out what’s wrong with the team? Lol

if the defense improves then we should expect better.
The defense is trash everyone knows that. It's deeper then that and you refuse to see it because, as I said before, you are willfully blind to it.

The offense has to help the defense. The offense did not do anything like that until the games were already out of reach. You keep hamming on Dak and these numbers. The Browns game for example. It was 31-14 at half time. The Browns only scored 18 points in the 2nd half. Do you know what the difference was between the 1st and 2nd half? THE COWBOYS OFFENSE STARTED TO MOVE THE BALL BECAUSE THE OPPONENTS DEFENSES WENT INTO COSERVATIVE MODE. The offense moving the ball allowed our defense to stay off the field for more then 3 plays at a time. Do you really think we go from 31-14 down to back in it with a chance to win the game without the defense making stops?

Again, With the whole "if the defense improves we should expect better" narrative you guys like to throw around. 2019 is proves everyone of you that says that wrong.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Daks stats proves you lose the dak argument.

team record proves the team needs help. Defensive stats say it’s the defense that sucks.
Dak is part of the team. He plays the most important position on the team.

Andy Dalton was winning games at a higher pace then Dak was last year without Smith and Martin blocking for him. What's that say about Dak?

stiletto

Reaction score
Dak is part of the team. He plays the most important position on the team.

Andy Dalton was winning games at a higher pace then Dak was last year without Smith and Martin blocking for him. What's that say about Dak?

There are still people that would prefer Dalton over Dak?? Thanks for the laugh of the day....

stiletto

Reaction score
Nobody said that. Why are you making things up?

You said: "Andy Dalton was winning games at a higher pace then Dak was last year without Smith and Martin blocking for him. What's that say about Dak?"

That tells me you'd take Dalton over Dak. I'm just using basic logic since you are arguing that Dak sucks.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
How do you explain 2014?

The 2013 defense was the worst defense in team history, at the time. Minimal changes were made, yet the 2014 Cowboys were able to go 12-4 with a bad defense which was exposed in the playoffs, when they had to match up against the best. Even then, the offense was very close to being able to carry them, in the playoffs.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You said: "Andy Dalton was winning games at a higher pace then Dak was last year without Smith and Martin blocking for him. What's that say about Dak?"

That tells me you'd take Dalton over Dak. I'm just using basic logic since you are arguing that Dak sucks.
That tells you that? How so? Because that's how you want it to read?

You're not using basic logic. You're just making things up.

Me saying that in no way says that I'd prefer Dalton over Dak. If I thought that then I would have just said it to begin with, but I do not think that.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
How do you explain 2014?

The 2013 defense was the worst defense in team history, at the time. Minimal changes were made, yet the 2014 Cowboys were able to go 12-4 with a bad defense which was exposed in the playoffs, when they had to match up against the best. Even then, the offense was very close to being able to carry them, in the playoffs.

The run game. The same reason I preach that Dak was better 2016-2018 because he was nothing but a good game manager. The same reason I preach that if the offense would've moved the ball the first 2 1/2 quarters of games in 2020 then the defense would not have looked so bad.

It's not a coincidence and that since this team shifted from run first to pass first that we have seen less success. We went 13-3, 9-7, and 10-6 when Dak knew his role and was a game manager. We are 9-11 since we decided to change formulas.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Poor Danny Dimes
yikes

He will have possibly three weapons this year better than any he had last year, so he'll probably triple his output....but still....that's one ugly 2020 stat line

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The defense is trash everyone knows that. It's deeper then that and you refuse to see it because, as I said before, you are willfully blind to it.

The offense has to help the defense. The offense did not do anything like that until the games were already out of reach. You keep hamming on Dak and these numbers. The Browns game for example. It was 31-14 at half time. The Browns only scored 18 points in the 2nd half. Do you know what the difference was between the 1st and 2nd half? THE COWBOYS OFFENSE STARTED TO MOVE THE BALL BECAUSE THE OPPONENTS DEFENSES WENT INTO COSERVATIVE MODE. The offense moving the ball allowed our defense to stay off the field for more then 3 plays at a time. Do you really think we go from 31-14 down to back in it with a chance to win the game without the defense making stops?

Again, With the whole "if the defense improves we should expect better" narrative you guys like to throw around. 2019 is proves everyone of you that says that wrong.

Ah, so you finally admit the defense is trash? That took a few weeks.

If you want to now dissect the offense, I would be more than happy.