funniest movie scene

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Liar, Liar.

Jim Carrey in so many scenes, I can't really name them all. The one that comes to mind, right now, but after the sex scene w/that woman and I think she asks him "Was it good for you?" and he says I've had better.

So maybe it wasn't the funniest, but it's one I laughed pretty hard at.

I also liked "Don't be a menace to society while drinking your juice in the hood" That spoof of all the so called "gangsta" movies just killed that genre, thankfully.

There was a scene where they were spoofing Boys in the Hood, Do we have a problem scene and the guy pulled out a russian missle...

It was such a horrible movie and yet so funny... It appealed to my sick sense of humor... Very non-PC.

There were alot of scenes in that one that was just so wrong that they prolly violate forum guidelines...
MaMa <sucking sound> in the elevator with Krista Allen who is now on Unscripted (HBO) and can't get her career back on track for those who don't know she played Emanuelle (SP) in many many movies most of the newer ones I say newer back in the mid 90's

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Chief said:
Three come to mind:

1) "Dumb and Dumber" -- The Jeff Daniels toilet scene after an overdose of Turbo Lax.

2) "There's Something About Mary" -- Cameron Diaz finds some styling mousse hanging off Ben Stiller's ear lobe.

3) "Animal House" -- John Belushi going through the cafeteria line, stuffing his face.

chief, that jeff daniels scene was definately one of the funniest ever.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
diehard2231 said:
:lmao: forgot about that cheech and chong one.

bill murray in cadyshack- when he's doing his cinderella story, bit same movie
chevy chase and murray "cannonball" scene

animal house- belushi looking in the widow at the woman,and moving the ladder down the house.

lot of good ones in caddyshack!

the baby ruth scene
"great big gobs of greasy grimy golpher guts"..........bill murray
"the last time i saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it"............... rodney
the scene where bill murray is watching the old ladies play golf and he is standing behind the ball cleaner............ ha ha ha .

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
MaMa <sucking sound> in the elevator with Krista Allen who is now on Unscripted (HBO) and can't get her career back on track for those who don't know she played Emanuelle (SP) in many many movies most of the newer ones I say newer back in the mid 90's
No in Beavis and Butthead the old couple is The Anderson's not the Hills.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I love the Dumb and Dumber scene where they put the hot peppers on the hit man's hamburger, then when Lloyd is trying to give him CPR.

This is a lot easier if you just lay back.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In Dumb and Dumber, when Lloyd (Jim Carrey) makes a bet with Harry (Jeff Daniels) that he can get him betting before the day is out. The conversation goes like this:
Lloyd: I'll bet you twenty dollars I can get you gambling before the day is out!
Harry: No!
Lloyd: I'll give you three to one odds.
Harry: No.
Lloyd: Five to one.
Harry: No.
Lloyd: Ten to one?
Harry: You're on!
Lloyd: I'm gonna get ya!
Harry: Nu uh!
Lloyd: I don't know how but I'm gonna get ya.

In Meet the Fockers, when Deniro turns to Hoffman and calls him "Mr. Mom" :)

Not a movie, but in a Friends episode where Joey and Ross are unknowingly dating the same girl and Chandler knows it. They are in the coffee house and Joey and Ross are sitting on opposite ends of the couch. As Chandler is leaving he turns around right over them in the middle of the couch and asks "What was the name of the girl you're dating?" and Joey and Ross answer simulatenously with the same name .. then Chandler says "thanks" and leaves. :D

In Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, when Jessica Rabbit says, "I'm not bad .. I'm just drawn that way."

In Lord of the Rings, when Gimli (who is a dwarf) says, "You're gonna have ta toss me" to Aragorn because he can't make the jump from the ledge over to the draw bridge. Then Gimli says, "uh .. don't tell the elf" and Aragorn replies, "Not a word"

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
The recreation of the 'helping Blind man scene' in "Young Frankenstein".

Watching Gene Hackman try to pour soup in Peter Boyle's soup bowl caused the tears to roll down my cheeks like a river! And when he lit Boyle's finger instead of the cigar! OH MY GOD! I thought I was going to have a coronary!

A recent funny scene? The two guys thowing LP's at the zombies (trying to decapitate them) in "Shawn of the Dead."

Thank you Mr Winicki....well done.

Add to that, the disclosure scene..."abbey someone...I'm almost sure that was the name" and the 'sedagive!!" scene that ensued.

There are some great ones from "See No Evil, Hear No Evil"...there were also a few greats from "My Cousin Vinny"...and a few classics from "Analyze This"...As well as the original "The Inlaws" and "Midnight Run"

:)

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
"Midnight Run"

:)

What a funny movie.

I especially loved Jimmy Serrano's two hitmen. The dumb one was great.

When they were in Amarillo, he picked up a cowboy hat at the airport and asked the other guy to take a picture of him.

And when the older hitman was on the phone with Serrano and Serrano chews him out and tells him if they don't get their act together he's going to stab them in the heart with a pencil. The young, dumb one then says, "He's not mad at me, is he?"

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan said:
I love the Dumb and Dumber scene where they put the hot peppers on the hit man's hamburger, then when Lloyd is trying to give him CPR.

This is a lot easier if you just lay back.

I loved that scene, too.

The guy is dying and he's trying to hold Jim Carrey back ... his hands pressed against his face. Too funny.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Chief said:
What a funny movie.

I especially loved Jimmy Serrano's two hitmen. The dumb one was great.

When they were in Amarillo, he picked up a cowboy hat at the airport and asked the other guy to take a picture of him.

And when the older hitman was on the phone with Serrano and Serrano chews him out and tells him if they don't get their act together he's going to stab them in the heart with a pencil. The young, dumb one then says, "He's not mad at me, is he?"

:) :) :)

Hey Moron number one, put moron number two on the phone.

You guys couldn't deliver milk.

You lied to me first.

The scene in the box car where Charle Grodin is talking to himself..."Hey Jack.."

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
See no Evil Hear no Evil!!! has to B in the top 10

For sure...there were a TON of funny scenes in that...Classic though is when the angry cop is questioning the two of them right after the murder..."fuzzy wuzzy was a woman?"

Also the woman photographer trying to take the mug shot...

And even though Stir Crazy wasn't as funny...there were a few in that one too...especially "mens rea!!!!"

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:
i have not seen that movie, but it sounds funny. wow, that is one bad *** sig. pic.

i like funny scenes from smokey and the bandit:

gleason: "this is sheriff buford t. justice, i'm in high pursuit of a black trans am.
he's all mine, sooo stay out of the way".

gleason: "put the evidence in the car".
jr. "but daddy"?
gleason: "puuuut the evidence in the car".
"When I get home I'm gonna slap your momma. There is NO WAY you could have come from my loins."

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
AIRPLANE

Jiveman1: Sheeeet, man, that honkey mus' be messin' my old lady
got to be runnin' col' upsihd down his head!
Subtitle: GOLLY, THAT WHITE FELLOW SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM MY WIFE
OR I WILL PUNCH HIM.

Jiveman2: Hey Holm, I can dig it! You know he ain't gonna lay no
mo' big rap upon you man!
Subtitle: YES, HE IS WRONG FOR DOING THAT.

Jiveman1: I say hey sky, s'other say I won say I pray to J I get
the same ol' same ol.
Subtitle: I KNEW A MAN IN A SIMILAR PREDICAMENT, AND HE ENDED UP
BEING SORRY.

Jiveman2: Knock yourself a pro slick. Gray matter back got
perform' us' down I take TCBin, man'.
Subtitle: DON'T BE NAIVE ARTHUR. EACH OF US FACES A CLEAR MORAL
CHOICE.

Jiveman1: You know wha' they say: See a broad to get that bodiac
lay'er down an' smack 'em yack 'em.
Subtitle: EARLY TO BED, EARLY TO RISE, MAKES A MAN HEALTHY,
WEALTHY AND WISE.

Together: Col' got to be! Yo!
Subtitle: HOW TRUE!

Together: Sheeeeeeet!
Subtitle: GOLLY.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
The movie Dirty Work when Norm McDonald opens the trunks of the car dealership and finds all the dead hookers. (Wow, that sounds terrible if you've never seen the movie. :D ) Most of his revenge acts, like the drug deal gone bad when they smell fish, are a riot! That movie maybe made ten cents at the box office but oh my lord in heaven was it hilarious!!

When I think of some of Steve Martin's characters I usually crack up. Like his ploy as the challenged brother in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, his King Tut dance, and a bunch of other classics.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
For sure...there were a TON of funny scenes in that...Classic though is when the angry cop is questioning the two of them right after the murder..."fuzzy wuzzy was a woman?"

Also the woman photographer trying to take the mug shot...

And even though Stir Crazy wasn't as funny...there were a few in that one too...especially "mens rea!!!!"

See No Evil, Hear No Evil is a classic. Loved that movie.

Another of my favorite 80s comedies is Spies Like Us.

I loved the scene when they were training and got dropped into the forest at night and surrounded by ninjas.

Milbarge: You're the diplomat, you do something.
Fitzhume: If you leave us alone, I'll bring back the sun.

then later, he takes a picture out of his wallet:
Here this is my sister, you can all have her, I hear she is good.

Caddyshack had tons of classics:
"Hey lady, you want to earn $14 the hard way?"

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
"We're willing to trade looks for a certain, morally casual attitude"-- from Animal House, one of my favorite lines ever in a movie...

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid had any number of memorable scenes, but the most memorable would have to be where they're pursued by that posse until they're forced to jump off the cliff to get away... Sundance REALLY didn't want to jump, but is reluctant to explain why, until Butch finally gets him to admit that he can't swim... at which point Butch breaks out laughing and says:

"Why, you crazy... the FALL will probably kill us"... and then of course, Sundance hollers out a very vulgar word related to excremental functions all the way down...

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
Some great ones there.... like the Jim Carrey scene in Dumb & Dumber where they are trying to give the guy CPR, also when they walk into that reception whacking each other with their canes, and when they open the briefcase full of IOU's... "It's all there!!!"

Smokey & the Bandit II:

Junior: "Hey Daddy look at that big, ugly alligator!"
Sherriff: "That reminds me, I gotta call your Momma"

Not a movie, but a classic nonetheless:
All in the Family, Gloria, Mike, and Edith are trying to convince Archie to quit smoking cigars...

Archie: "Look, I figure if God didn't want us to smoke tobacco he wouldn't have invented it..."
Gloria: "Oh yeah, Daddy, what about marijuana?"
Archie: "Don't be silly little girl, God didn't invent marijuana, the Mexicans did"

blindzebra

Reaction score
3 pages without:

They told me I was crazy to build a castle in this swamp, but I did it anyway and it sank.

So I built another one and that one sank.

I built a 3rd and that one caught fire than sank.

But the 4th one!

Or

Are you telling me coconuts migrate?

No I'm saying swallows migrate.

But there is no way a 4 ounce swallow can carry a 2 pound coconut, it's simple weight ratios.

Perhaps two of them carried it together, by the husk?

No, no.

An African swallow could do it!

African swallows are non-migrating.