Funny how Wade is getting pillared for his (uber)positive post game PC comments...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2264495 said:
Then don't. Phillips is talking to the media not the players what he says to the media is meaningless. As HC this team has played better than they have in years. Yes there is a lot of room for improvement but Wade is not going to trash his players to a hungry media.

Who's asking him to trash his players?

I'm talking about not giving us the 'everything's perfect' routine like we got last season.

Wade has been handed the most talent-laden roster in the league, his 'winning record' is at least as much a result of what Parcells and Jones have done as anything Wade himself has done.

This team won but they were far from perfect in doing so. And I find it insulting to hear the head coach pulling out the same con job from last year and telling me not to believe my lying eyes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
windward;2264507 said:
Your choice, take it or leave it.

Ultimately wins and losses will determine the success of Wade's tenure here.Not whether or not he told the media the truth.

And ultimately those wins and losses will be affected by this team being coached up to its' potential - specifically in the defensive and penalty categories.

And as for the head coach 'lying' to me?

I'll 'leave it' thanks.

I didn't like the '13-3' routine the first time around...

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
stasheroo;2264523 said:
And ultimately those wins and losses will be affected by this team being coached up to its' potential - specifically in the defensive and penalty categories.

And as for the head coach 'lying' to me?

I'll 'leave it' thanks.

I didn't like the '13-3' routine the first time around...
and again, if these problems are being taken care of, who gives a frick what he says to the media?

If you let that affect your enjoyment of the season, then I am just sorry.

Sucks to have your outlook.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
stasheroo;2264515 said:
Who's asking him to trash his players?

I'm talking about not giving us the 'everything's perfect' routine like we got last season.

Wade has been handed the most talent-laden roster in the league, his 'winning record' is at least as much a result of what Parcells and Jones have done as anything Wade himself has done.

This team won but they were far from perfect in doing so. And I find it insulting to hear the head coach pulling out the same con job from last year and telling me not to believe my lying eyes.

Parcells did not do much with this team and TO and him were pretty much on a collision course no way those 2 would have survived much longer. Under BP we were getting as many flags as we are seeing now. I guess it is easy just to dismiss any credit to Wade yet blame him for the teams problems which are damn few right now. So you can moan and groan about Phillips all you want but this team is playing its best football under him than we have seen for years. We are not playing close to the vest or playing not to lose. So say what you will but the only people whose opinion that matters is that of the players after all you don't have to play for Wade, hell you don't have to cheer for the team you like the rest of us are just along for the ride.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Hostile;2264416 said:
I'll bet you a dime to a doughnut that he isn't all that positive in film sessions which is instructional time.

He said today in the PC that when evaluating the film, you don't temper things just because you won and say that everything was all good, because it wasn't. You have to be analytical about what actually happened.

But McMahon will never report that. The blog headline instead will be "Wade praises defense after they give up 30."

superpunk

Reaction score
If only Wade and Reid would publicly castigate their players so that the media could stoke THAT fire. THEN I would respect him.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
bottom line is wade is 15-4 as head coach here.

what that means is his critics are lacking in brainpower for saying anything except about the playoff loss.

wade is a good coach that knows football and how to treat people like grown men at the same time. it isn't exciting or magical but it does actually work.

he is a lot like tony dungy with a twang.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
superpunk;2264575 said:
If only Wade and Reid would publicly castigate their players so that the media could stoke THAT fire. THEN I would respect him.
That's what I do at work. When one of my employees screws up I ream them in front of our clients.

That's the best way to motivate and keep quality talent in an organizaiton.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
windward;2264537 said:
and again, if these problems are being taken care of, who gives a frick what he says to the media?

If you let that affect your enjoyment of the season, then I am just sorry.

Sucks to have your outlook.

Show me where it's 'being taken care of'?

I'm not seeing it.

I'd rather think for myself than naively believe everything 'Mr Sunshine' tries to sell me.

I know where that got everybody last year...

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
stasheroo;2264598 said:
Show me where it's 'being taken care of'?

I'm not seeing it.

I'd rather think for myself than naively believe everything 'Mr Sunshine' tries to sell me.

I know where that got everybody last year...
Prove that it's not.

Wins and losses. Wade's won nearly 80 percent of his games here. Impressive no matter how you cut it.

superpunk

Reaction score
We lost in the playoffs because I believed Wade's press conferences.

Damn you Wade Phillips...

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
lspain1;2264239 said:
My problem with Wade's PCs is not that he's positive.....I think that's OK. He just never seems to acknowledge any problem area....such as face mask penalties. Did he acknowledge any problems while we were getting our head handed to us last December? I'm not sure he did.....it bothered me then....and it bothers me now.

Bingo.

Remember he tells the players PENALTIES ARE ON ME NOT YOU.

Plus he's overly non-critical after big losses in Dec and of course in January (we were 13-3 he professed after a home playoff loss)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2264545 said:
Parcells did not do much with this team and TO and him were pretty much on a collision course no way those 2 would have survived much longer. Under BP we were getting as many flags as we are seeing now. I guess it is easy just to dismiss any credit to Wade yet blame him for the teams problems which are damn few right now. So you can moan and groan about Phillips all you want but this team is playing its best football under him than we have seen for years. We are not playing close to the vest or playing not to lose. So say what you will but the only people whose opinion that matters is that of the players after all you don't have to play for Wade, hell you don't have to cheer for the team you like the rest of us are just along for the ride.

Tell us that after Jerry Jones has fired him for underachieving with the talent he's been given.

And these same players will be talking about the need for discipline right after he's gone.

Wade coaches one side of this football team - the defense. And that's the part of the team that's underachieving to this point.

The players themselves acknowledged it.

"Mr Fix It" needs to live up to his moniker and not blow smoke with his 'all is well' routine.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
chinch;2264616 said:
Bingo.

Remember he tells the players PENALTIES ARE ON ME NOT YOU.

Plus he's overly non-critical after big losses in Dec and of course in January (we were 13-3 he professed after a home playoff loss)
You didn't take anything out of context there.

No sir, not at all.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
windward;2264591 said:
That's what I do at work. When one of my employees screws up I ream them in front of our clients.

That's the best way to motivate and keep quality talent in an organizaiton.

unless you called a press conference for the occasion then you are just soft and weak....

:laugh2:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
stasheroo;2264628 said:
Tell us that after Jerry Jones has fired him for underachieving with the talent he's been given.

And these same players will be talking about the need for discipline right after he's gone.

Wade coaches one side of this football team - the defense. And that's the part of the team that's underachieving to this point.

The players themselves acknowledged it.

"Mr Fix It" needs to live up to his moniker and not blow smoke with his 'all is well' routine.
We have had one bad half on defense. Fire the SOB.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab;2264547 said:
He said today in the PC that when evaluating the film, you don't temper things just because you won and say that everything was all good, because it wasn't. You have to be analytical about what actually happened.

But McMahon will never report that. The blog headline instead will be "Wade praises defense after they give up 30."

I'm happy with that.

At least acknowledge everything's not perfect.

I don't think that's asking too much.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
jterrell;2264633 said:
unless you called a press conference for the occasion then you are just soft and weak....

:laugh2:
Of course I call a press conference. What kind of boss do you think I am?

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2264387 said:
Exactly. I thought Hard Knocks showed to anyone who doubted it that the coach who talks to the media isn't the same guy as the coach on the practice field.
HK showed someone with terrible communication skills and mumble/jumble answers. It made him look like an ineffective dope.

Boomer Esiason (WFAN morning host now - level headed) said of the topic... "watching Hard Knocks it makes you wonder just what WADE actually does as Head Coach". no axe to grind, just pointing out the obvious.

when cutting players he was like afraid to speak and would mumble "YOU TRIED HARD" and walked them to the door. no conversation or anything.

his motivational speeches and signed contract gimmicks are so basic they belong in Kindergarten.

he's probably a nice guy - but that's not the point - he needs to be removed from being HC of America's Team ASAP.