Funny how Wade is getting pillared for his (uber)positive post game PC comments...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
windward;2264637 said:
We have had one bad half on defense. Fire the SOB.

Its not that its the fact we're still playing 10 yards off the ball when that was said to be because of jacquee reeves. We improved our 2ndary and still do that and that was because of preseason and no during the regular season the defense still looks as vanilla as preseason.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
chinch;2264647 said:
HK showed someone with terrible communication skills and mumble/jumble answers. It made him look like an ineffective dope.

Boomer Esiason (WFAN morning host now - level headed) said of the topic... "watching Hard Knocks it makes you wonder just what WADE actually does as Head Coach". no axe to grind, just pointing out the obvious.

when cutting players he was like afraid to speak and would mumble "YOU TRIED HARD" and walked them to the door. no conversation or anything.

his motivational speeches and signed contract gimmicks are so basic they belong in Kindergarten.

he's probably a nice guy - but that's not the point - he needs to be removed from being HC of America's Team ASAP.

80% winning

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
windward;2264608 said:
Prove that it's not.

Wins and losses. Wade's won nearly 80 percent of his games here. Impressive no matter how you cut it.

Week 1 - 11 penalties 82 yards

Week 2 - 10 penalties for 108 yards

Next question!

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2264649 said:
Its not that its the fact we're still playing 10 yards off the ball when that was said to be because of jacquee reeves. We improved our 2ndary and still do that and that was because of preseason and no during the regular season the defense still looks as vanilla as preseason.
So its not the actual results/production of our defense that matter, but where we play our corners?

You really know how to zero in on the important stuff, don't ya?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
stasheroo;2264628 said:
Tell us that after Jerry Jones has fired him for underachieving with the talent he's been given.

And these same players will be talking about the need for discipline right after he's gone.

Wade coaches one side of this football team - the defense. And that's the part of the team that's underachieving to this point.

The players themselves acknowledged it.

"Mr Fix It" needs to live up to his moniker and not blow smoke with his 'all is well' routine.

Wade is the HC he takes the heat on all sides. While he does not call the offensive plays he has input on what he wants to do in terms of slowing a game down or not then again Jimmy Johnson did not call offense or defense but his responsibility is the entire team. As for who is he blowing smoke to the media? You? who cares this team plays hard and has played well under him. Because he does not come out with fire and brimstone comments somehow he is soft? He is been doing this a hell of allot longer than most of you have been around and while people love to throw up how he has not won in the playoffs he has lead teams that were not that good to begin with to the playoffs.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
stasheroo;2264656 said:
Week 1 - 11 penalties 82 yards

Week 2 - 10 penalties for 108 yards

Next question!
Clearly we can jump to conclusions on a sample size of two weeks.

Great Job!

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
windward;2264661 said:
So its not the actual results/production of our defense that matter, but where we play our corners?

You really know how to zero in on the important stuff, don't ya?

I think if our corners played closer to the line the results and production would change don't you???

windward;2264669 said:

Great Job!

yea like the penalties haven't been a trend for the past 2 or 3 years.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
windward;2264669 said:

Great Job!

google this:
cowboys penalties 2007

then take a few Rolaids...

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_20071116/ai_n21117211

Cowboys pledge to stop penalties
Deseret News (Salt Lake City), Nov 16, 2007 by Associated Press

IRVING, Texas -- Call it a no-penalty pledge for the Dallas Cowboys.

After drawing three penalties that came after plays were done against the New York Giants, coach Wade Phillips this week had his players sign a pledge that they would play smarter and avoid such penalties.

Phillips said Thursday it was the first time he's ever gone to the extreme of having players sign something.

"I want their word that they're going to try to do the right thing. That's my feeling," Phillips said. "It may be silly ... but I was serious about it, and I think I feel like I needed to do something they're going to respond to. And everybody saw that it cost us points."

In the 31-20 victory at New York on Sunday, there were post-play penalties against Kevin Burnett, Keith Davis and Bradie James.

Burnett was flagged for taunting running back Brandon Jacobs at the end of a run, a penalty that helped set up the Giants for a tying field goal just before halftime. It also drew Burnett a $5,000 fine from the NFL.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
windward;2264669 said:

Great Job!

You wanted proof, you got it.

Now put the blinders back on.

:blind:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Deseret News (Salt Lake City), Nov 16, 2007 by Associated Press

IRVING, Texas -- Call it a no-penalty pledge for the Dallas Cowboys.

After drawing three penalties that came after plays were done against the New York Giants, coach Wade Phillips this week had his players sign a pledge that they would play smarter and avoid such penalties.

Phillips said Thursday it was the first time he's ever gone to the extreme of having players sign something.

"I want their word that they're going to try to do the right thing. That's my feeling," Phillips said. "It may be silly ... but I was serious about it, and I think I feel like I needed to do something they're going to respond to. And everybody saw that it cost us points."

In the 31-20 victory at New York on Sunday, there were post-play penalties against Kevin Burnett, Keith Davis and Bradie James.

Burnett was flagged for taunting running back Brandon Jacobs at the end of a run, a penalty that helped set up the Giants for a tying field goal just before halftime. It also drew Burnett a $5,000 fine from the NFL.

Wade Phillips is soft and I don't want him to be our HC no more.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2264679 said:
I think if our corners played closer to the line the results and production would change don't you???

Our production has been fine save one bad quarter. Our production may or may nt change if we play more man to man or press coverage. It could be better, or worse.

The defense is not broken, why drastically change things.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I'm sorry guys. I didn't realize that what really mattered was whether or not we won or lost, but how much we were penalized.

I feel chastened now.

khiladi

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2264679 said:

Actually, the trend has been on-going even with Parcells..

I don't mind zone, but they gotta adjust that zone, because they are lining up like 15 yards off the receiver.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
khiladi;2264722 said:

Actually, the trend has been on-going even with Parcells..

I don't mind zone, but they gotta adjust that zone, because they are lining up like 15 yards off the receiver.

Yea and GB will eat up such a soft zone this week.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
windward;2264712 said:
I'm sorry guys. I didn't realize that what really mattered was whether or not we won or lost, but how much we were penalized.

I feel chastened now.
As you should.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
windward;2264712 said:

I feel chastened now.

Once again, the 'absolute argument' - how refreshing.

Either it's this, or it's that.

Either we win and everything's perfect, or we lose and everything's terrible.

No in-between.

No gray area.

Just absolutely one way or the other.

If I had a nickel for every time that excuse got used...

:banghead:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
windward;2264706 said:
Our production has been fine save one bad quarter. Our production may or may nt change if we play more man to man or press coverage. It could be better, or worse.

The defense is not broken, why drastically change things.

If it aint broke don't fix it huh ? It didn't get the job down last season and now its the same crap we playing this season.

windward;2264712 said:

I feel chastened now.

Those penalties tend to hurt. I wonder how many drives have been kept alive or how many points teams has scored because of our penalties

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2264728 said:
Yea and GB will eat up such a soft zone this week.
Like they did last year.

Bigger question: What have they done to even counter the level of ownage our offense had of their defense last year.

You want to see eaten alive, pop in the tape of last year's GB/DAL game.

They could not stop us.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2264736 said:
If it aint broke don't fix it huh ? It didn't get the job down last season and now its the same crap we playing this season.

Those penalties tend to hurt. I wonder how many drives have been kept alive or how many points teams has scored because of our penalties
speedometer-1.jpg