Funny how Wade is getting pillared for his (uber)positive post game PC comments...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
stasheroo;2264732 said:
Once again, the 'absolute argument' - how refreshing.

Either it's this, or it's that.

Either we win and everything's perfect, or we lose and everything's terrible.

No in-between.

No gray area.

Just absolutely one way or the other.

If I had a nickel for every time that excuse got used...

:banghead:

No kidding you have him being fired and others are calling for it, you don't think that is a bit over the top? This team needs to improve I would agree with that 100% but no I don't think things are as bad as some are making them out to be and I don't think soft teams over come mistakes like Dallas did last night.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
stasheroo;2264732 said:
Once again, the 'absolute argument' - how refreshing.

Either it's this, or it's that.

Either we win and everything's perfect, or we lose and everything's terrible.

No in-between.

No gray area.

Just absolutely one way or the other.

If I had a nickel for every time that excuse got used...

:banghead:
So if we win the Super Bowl but are penalized 15 times during the game, will you still be bemoaning the lack of "discipline" under Wade?

That's what I thought.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2264736 said:
If it aint broke don't fix it huh ? It didn't get the job down last season and now its the same crap we playing this season.

Those penalties tend to hurt. I wonder how many drives have been kept alive or how many points teams has scored because of our penalties
Clearly when you lose a tough game in the playoffs it's time to scrap the defensive philosophy.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
windward;2264747 said:
Like they did last year.

Bigger question: What have they done to even counter the level of ownage our offense had of their defense last year.

You want to see eaten alive, pop in the tape of last year's GB/DAL game.

They could not stop us.

IDK last year Woodson wasn't in the game and they were playing a lot of zone. They have a good defense and a very strong offense. Aaron Rogers has a lot of confidence and we can't really afford to play 8-12 yards off the ball on Jennings.

Hostile;2264748 said:
speedometer-1.jpg

you sure about that HoS because I'm pretty certain the PI call last night helped the Eagles offense get started and the Browns only scored because of the PI on pacman I think your speedometer is broke might need it to be fixed.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2264749 said:
No kidding you have him being fired and others are calling for it, you don't think that is a bit over the top? This team needs to improve I would agree with that 100% but no I don't think things are as bad as some are making them out to be and I don't think soft teams over come mistakes like Dallas did last night.

That's all I'm trying to say.

I'm not saying 'Fire Wade' or 'the sky is falling'.

I'm just saying that things need correcting and it insults me when Wade gives me the same 'Aw shucks' routine that he did last year.

I'm not saying that this team is 'soft' or that they're not a great team.

I am saying that if they want to achieve their ultimate goals that some things need to be cleaned up and it bothers me as a fan to hear the coach either glossing over issues or outright lying to me.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
windward;2264769 said:
Clearly when you lose a tough game in the playoffs it's time to scrap the defensive philosophy.

clearly your sig is going to say 2009 Dallas cowboys unfinished business.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
stasheroo;2264775 said:

I'm just saying that things need correcting and it insults me when Wade gives me the same 'Aw shucks' routine that he did last year.

I am saying that if they want to achieve their ultimate goals that some things need to be cleaned up and it bothers me as a fan to hear the coach either glossing over issues or outright lying to me.

I'm saying it I don't like him no more and I don't think he can take our team to the next level anymore.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
windward;2264763 said:
So if we win the Super Bowl but are penalized 15 times during the game, will you still be bemoaning the lack of "discipline" under Wade?

That's what I thought.

And contrarily you'd have no problems with penalties ultimately costing this team a championship?

See? Two sides.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2264773 said:
IDK last year Woodson wasn't in the game and they were playing a lot of zone. They have a good defense and a very strong offense. Aaron Rogers has a lot of confidence and we can't really afford to play 8-12 yards off the ball on Jennings.

you sure about that HoS because I'm pretty certain the PI call last night helped the Eagles offense get started and the Browns only scored because of the PI on pacman I think your speedometer is broke might need it to be fixed.
Uh yeah we can afford and should play zone on Jennings. Unless you want to run a greater ris of him having a clean path to the endzone if our corner happens to be beat.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
windward;2264793 said:
Uh yeah we can afford and should play zone on Jennings. Unless you want to run a greater ris of him having a clean path to the endzone if our corner happens to be beat.

I'd rather have newman shadow him the whole game.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
stasheroo;2264790 said:
And contrarily you'd have no problems with penalties ultimately costing this team a championship?

See? Two sides.
If penalties cost us the Super Bowl then yeah, it might be an issue.

We want to clean up the penalties of course

But they are and always will be secondary to actually winning the game.

Do you think the Eagles are telling themselves today"We only had five penalties yesterday. Everything's great!"

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2264799 said:
I'd rather have newman shadow him the whole game.
A newman who is still recovering from a groin tear.Playing conservative on D against the Packers is the right call, esp with the explosiveness of our offense.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
stasheroo;2264775 said:

He is giving it to you? You don't play on the team what he says to his staff and his player matter what he says to the media does not mean jack. I don't walk around with blinders or my head in the sand and I know what is being said at the press conference and what takes place in meeting rooms and practice fields are not always the same. You want to stop penalties like one poster said we can bench players you want to start with Ware or Adams that would really make this a better team, coaches can preach all day and all night but the players know the damn rules they know grabbing a facemask will get you 15 and they know jumping offside’s will draw a flag and every other rule. Hell when I played I did not need my coach to tell me I screwed up when committing a foul it was my job not to do it. Why is this team drawing fouls I don't know other teams Wade has coached did not run into this problem or BP for that matter but this team under both HC have continued to draw flags. 2 different styles of coaches yet the same penalty problems?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
windward;2264823 said:
A newman who is still recovering from a groin tear.Playing conservative on D against the Packers is the right call, esp with the explosiveness of our offense.

Screw playing it safe

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
windward;2264814 said:
If penalties cost us the Super Bowl then yeah, it might be an issue.

We want to clean up the penalties of course

But they are and always will be secondary to actually winning the game.

Do you think the Eagles are telling themselves today"We only had five penalties yesterday. Everything's great!"

No, not really.

But penalties are the sort of thing that can ultimately cost a team a critical win when it matters most.

I'd like to see them get cleaned up.

As we've seen, Wade's been 'talking about it' since last season adn his approach hasn't seemed to be working so far.

I'd like to see the issue fixed before it does cost us a game.

MONT17

Reaction score
I guess I'm part of the 1% who knows daddy drug pusher is not a great coach and or dad!

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
windward;2264747 said:
Like they did last year.

Bigger question: What have they done to even counter the level of ownage our offense had of their defense last year.

You want to see eaten alive, pop in the tape of last year's GB/DAL game.

They could not stop us.

BIGGEST QUESTION Who made it further in the playoffs last year ..

DAL
NYG
GB

end of discussion

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Hostile;2264748 said:

the funny part is many here - carrying on how useful wade is - actually wanted an equally as pathetic HC (yes Norv).

ROTFLMAO

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
chinch;2265043 said:
BIGGEST QUESTION Who made it further in the playoffs last year ..

DAL
NYG
GB

end of discussion
totally irrelevant regarding Sunday's matchup.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
windward;2265086 said:
totally irrelevant regarding Sunday's matchup.

Just like what you said was irrelevant regarding Sundays matchup.

That was last year..

This is a different packers offense.