Future Cowboys? The top 20 potential NFL free agents and whether they'd fit in Dallas

DABOYZ

Reaction score
Let's just draft a running back and be done with it. Fresh legs and manageable salary.

I agree, teams don't allow GREAT running backs to hit the free agency market. I am to lazy to look up how many free agent running backs have made it to the super bowl. Draft a good one, let them prove themselves and keep them if they are worth keeping.

coult44

Reaction score
Not that I put alot into the 40, but a sub 4.4 would provide speed that this team lacks. He ha a few super long TD runs. That said, I dont want him at 3M per

3 million?????whats wrong with you people? No, really, what's wrong with you people. Get a freeeeekin clue.

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
Everybody is still sleeping on Tashaun Gipson. If I'm going after a Cleveland Brown, then I'm definitely looking at Gipson before Manziel. Eric Berry likely isn't going anywhere, and even if he were, either him or Weddle would cost a kings ransom. Gipson would be a relative bargain.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not that I put alot into the 40, but a sub 4.4 would provide speed that this team lacks. He ha a few super long TD runs. That said, I dont want him at 3M per

That's a rather low number for a back the caliber of Miller. I know McFadden took pennies but that was because he simply stunk in Oakland.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
true, but thats why id rather draft one

I wouldn't be opposed to it. But like I said above, that's one less pick we have to dedicate to the offense. Because truthfully this offense should be set. The majority of our resources should be dedicated to the defense.

SHAMSzy

Reaction score
I was all for signing Weddle in 2010 .. signing him now would be a mistake

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'd rather address it in the draft. I don't like settling. Getting an okay player from Miami isn't my idea of Plan A. Especially when it's significantly more expensive.

I suppose he could thrive getting more of a workload. I'm just surprised everyone sees his Dolphins career and is salivating at the thought of signing him.

There are pros and cons to draft vs free agency. I'm sure the Chargers thought they had a star in Melvin Gordon when they pulled the trigger last year, or when the Browns drafted Trent Richardson. I'm sure there were people in the Eagles organization that were also elated to steal Murray from us.

I'm not sure if you've watched much of Miller or not, but he's better than his stats may or may not indicate.

I'm just not sure how much more production we'd get from him than we'd get from McFadden.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are pros and cons to draft vs free agency. I'm sure the Chargers thought they had a star in Melvin Gordon when they pulled the trigger last year, or when the Browns drafted Trent Richardson. I'm sure there were people in the Eagles organization that were also elated to steal Murray from us.

I'm not sure if you've watched much of Miller or not, but he's better than his stats may or may not indicate.

I'm just not sure how much more production we'd get from him than we'd get from McFadden.

I have two brothers. One's a Vikings fan and the other is a Dolphins fan. Diehards too. The Dolphins fan is an unapologetic homer constantly reminding me of what a great core of young players they have down there. I pay extra attention to those two teams if only to revel in their failure.

So yes I've seen Miller plenty. I can't say he wouldn't thrive in Dallas getting more touches behind a better offensive line but he wouldn't be my top target. I'd look to the draft.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't be opposed to it. But like I said above, that's one less pick we have to dedicate to the offense. Because truthfully this offense should be set. The majority of our resources should be dedicated to the defense.

What? Our offense is in dire need of skill position talent. QB, RB, WR and TE. They all need upgrading.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
So who is better in this year's draft? Besides Elliott?

This draft is loaded at Rb, I am betting there are going to be numerous guys who will make contributions next year as college free agents.
Rather use free agency on positions weak in this draft, DE, WR, Corner, three tech maybe.