FWIW: Cowboys at U. of Miami Pro Day

Rayman70

Reaction score
if we want a sneaky good pass rusher from the edge I want Tarron Jackson from Coastal Carolina. Hes a better prospect than Phillips.Doesnt have any red flags or injury issues. Hes a quick twitch bendy kid off the edge.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think Phillips definitely could start for a # of team’s. From a talent and physical standpoint there is a lot to work with there.
if we did roll the dice on one of their edge guys, Philips would be the guy. But IF is the key word.He would have to prove himself in some 1 on 1 meetings. Those premium picks cant be reaches. I want the kid to look me in the eye and tell me what his goals are and how he views himself..just like a job interview.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think Phillips definitely could start for a # of team’s. From a talent and physical standpoint there is a lot to work with there.
I think the issue might be keeping him healthy. Off the training table. I think He has concussion issues too.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Phillips at 44 I can get behind. Neither of these guys should be in consideration at 10.
Absolutely not at 10. But Phillips has 1 round talent and tape.Especially in this draft. Now the injury stuff and any character issues that something teams will have to consider.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Only way hes starting for us is if ANAE is gone, or if our current starters get hurt. He would have a long road to hoe to crack the lineup. Unless Quinn plans on using him in some other capacity. Quinn is a bit of a mad scientist, so you never know.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Some team might reach for him but man I wouldnt touch him due to his injury concerns and some things hes said like football isnt his passion, music is. SO if I am thinking about spending a premium pick on that kid, I want to get him in a room and ask ALOT of questions about that stuff. Maybe its immaturity talkin..but still..I would pass.

That’s a bit of a misquote. Sounds as if he needed some time away from the game.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/247sports.com/college/miami/Article/Jaelan-Phillips-Miami-football-No-1-recruit-retired-defensive-end-injuries-NFL-Draft-156544966/Amp/

Rayman70

Reaction score
Had Carter not had off the field issues like drugs etc I think over time he may have turned into a solid QB..but like so many kids that get money in their pocket at the NFL level, they go off the rails and doom their careers. I always say money is the great enhancer..meaning it only enhances what you already are character-wise inside. Ryan Leaf is another prime example. He was already a mess off the field with drugs, but when he also got fame and money, it exposed all that 100 fold. Money is indeed a great enhancer of oneself. Makes some players grow into great men, makes some players become greater liabilities as people and untrustworthy. Its sad.

Rayman70

Reaction score
One thing, this draft will define MM and his future here in Dallas and the NFL for that matter. HE MESSES THIS UP, thats it for him. He wont get another shot. He must get involved in every facet of this draft with Quinn in lockstep or it will fail. The caveat being, will Jerry and Stevie stay out the way enough? I am no defender of Mike Nolan at all..I think his devout stubbroness did him in, but IF that guy had a full offseason last year AND this year, I think he would have been ok. That said, things happen for a reason and Quinn is an alpha dog D coord. with recent success galore. He is highly respected and beloved by those around the league. Best hire we have made since PARCELLS in my Op.

Rayman70

Reaction score
rousseau
phillips
roche
gimmie ALL the canes DEs.

just come on down to Dallas.
Roche YES..Phillips? A BIG MAYBE...depending on his medicals and how he interviews. I never will question the kids upside and talent. He can be special if he's devoted to his craft and can stay healthy. Roche at least could be part of the rotation. Philips tho might have trouble breaking into a role behind DLAW,randy, ANAE and Basham in front of him. Seems like a luxury pick to me. We need an everydown guy at 44 and 75.

tm1119

Reaction score
Only way hes starting for us is if ANAE is gone, or if our current starters get hurt. He would have a long road to hoe to crack the lineup. Unless Quinn plans on using him in some other capacity. Quinn is a bit of a mad scientist, so you never know.

Lol did you seriously just suggest Bradley Anae would block Phillips if we were to draft him?

morasp

Reaction score
They're going to take an edge rusher in the first three rounds. I'm not sure I trust the 40 times this year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
They're going to take an edge rusher in the first three rounds. I'm not sure I trust the 40 times this year.
I like the small school edge guys this year better if we draft 1 much later. I think Tarron Jackson is a guy than can help us right away . He can be had in round 5 onward. We badly need linebackers, DT and safety/cb help...I think we are loaded already at edge.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Phillips isn’t going to be in play for us unless he slips to round 2 and I don’t see that happening. Just saying the kid is a round 1 talent. IMO he’s not getting past teams at the end of the 1st round.