FWIW: Cowboys at U. of Miami Pro Day

morasp

Reaction score
I like the small school edge guys this year better if we draft 1 much later. I think Tarron Jackson is a guy than can help us right away . He can be had in round 5 onward. We badly need linebackers, DT and safety/cb help...I think we are loaded already at edge.
They had the big guns at Joseph Ossai's pro day and they've also talked to Payton Turner so you never know. On the draft simulator I've been using, Charles Snowden, Patrick Johnson, Malcolm Koonce, and Chris Rumph are usually available on day three.

Rayman70

Reaction score
They had the big guns at Joseph Ossai's pro day and they've also talked to Payton Turner so you never know. On the draft simulator I've been using, Charles Snowden, Patrick Johnson, Malcolm Koonce, and Chris Rumph are usually available on day three.
same here. Koonce might be the steal I think. He has an NFL body too. Payton Turner is a guy we met with like 3 times already. Hes another good sized dude..high motor and hustles. ALWAYS in the backfield.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Love Ossai but my beef with him is against elite tackles he gets manhandled at times. Tevin Jenkins ate his lunch when he faced him. Wasnt even fair lol..He was stonewalled. He needs to work on his moves and hone that. With Ossai Quinn might view him more of a OLB hybrid end type. He has those traits. SO WHO KNOWS.

morasp

Reaction score
Love Ossai but my beef with him is against elite tackles he gets manhandled at times. Tevin Jenkins ate his lunch when he faced him. Wasnt even fair lol..He was stonewalled. He needs to work on his moves and hone that. With Ossai Quinn might view him more of a OLB hybrid end type. He has those traits. SO WHO KNOWS.
I think they said he just recently switched from LB so he's still learning the position. The thing I like is he has a non stop motor until the whistle that reminds me a little of how relentless TJ Watt was coming out.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think they said he just recently switched from LB so he's still learning the position. The thing I like is he has a non stop motor until the whistle that reminds me a little of how relentless TJ Watt was coming out.
yes he does hustle and make plays.

morasp

Reaction score
yes he does hustle and make plays.
I pulled this for his draft profile:

Overview
Former inside linebacker who has seen his stock rise quickly after a move to a more natural edge position. Ossai's draft grade will require a good deal of projection as he is still raw and inexperienced at his new position. His passion and go-go motor are the juice that fuels his desire to make plays, and his outstanding practice habits improve his chances for continuing to adjust quickly to his newfound positional home. He's long but has some hip tightness that limits his ability to hold the point of attack and bend the edge as a rusher. Ossai won't out-race tackles to the edge, but if a team can coach up his hands and add to his rush plan, he should turn into a solid pro as a 3-4 outside linebacker.

Sources Tell Us

"They will tell you in the building that this kid is just as non-stop in practice as he is in the game. There is no front there. He loves to ball and he's getting better quickly." -- Area scout for AFC team

Rayman70

Reaction score
I pulled this for his draft profile:

Overview
Former inside linebacker who has seen his stock rise quickly after a move to a more natural edge position. Ossai's draft grade will require a good deal of projection as he is still raw and inexperienced at his new position. His passion and go-go motor are the juice that fuels his desire to make plays, and his outstanding practice habits improve his chances for continuing to adjust quickly to his newfound positional home. He's long but has some hip tightness that limits his ability to hold the point of attack and bend the edge as a rusher. Ossai won't out-race tackles to the edge, but if a team can coach up his hands and add to his rush plan, he should turn into a solid pro as a 3-4 outside linebacker.

Sources Tell Us

"They will tell you in the building that this kid is just as non-stop in practice as he is in the game. There is no front there. He loves to ball and he's getting better quickly." -- Area scout for AFC team
his attitude alone would be welcomed here in Dallas.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Some team might reach for him but man I wouldnt touch him due to his injury concerns and some things hes said like football isnt his passion, music is. SO if I am thinking about spending a premium pick on that kid, I want to get him in a room and ask ALOT of questions about that stuff. Maybe its immaturity talkin..but still..I would pass.
They’re probably looking closely in case one of them drops down to pick 44. They could trade back from 10 and take one but that isn’t very likely IMO.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Roche- 4.66

Rousseau 4.68

Phillips-4.56
Trust those times, I do not.

yoda-the-empire-strikes-back-28a7558.jpg

Bizwah

Reaction score
I worry we may be looking at Rousseau. If we are, I'm hoping it's as a third round guy. If we are considering him in the top ten I'll be sick.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Interesting. Phillips would be a good pick at 44, but I do not see him being available.

Also like Roche too.

Hopefully they're not there for Rousseau.
Phillips has the medicals that could make him fall.

visionary

Reaction score
They talked to Quincy Roche at the Senior Bowl...Jerry has a thing for the name Quincy. Didn't we have Quincy Carter,Quincy Morgan,and Quincy Butler all at the same time?

also
Quincy Garrett

also sometimes known as Jason
:muttley: