FWIW: Cowboys at U. of Miami Pro Day

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Funny you say that.. The Steelers are a team that I could see being interested.
Exactly and I don’t think he’d make it past Tampa. They would love to add a guy like this to that defense.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Could be a target at 10 if the medicals check out. Makes sense, since Gregory is a FA after this year and Lawrence is on a quarterback contract (also a potential out after this season). Not restructuring Lawrence this year may have been a clue.

heck no. Not risking the number 10 pick. That would be crazy.

Just like LVE and Sean Lee don't matter how good you are your worthless if you spend must of the time in the tub/injured.

cnuball21

Reaction score
FWIW...(also saw a tweet that said he ran a 4.68)

I worry we may be looking at Rousseau. If we are, I'm hoping it's as a third round guy. If we are considering him in the top ten I'll be sick.

I actually like Rousseau as a Crawford type...play both inside and out but I think his best football in the NFL would be bulking up and playing 3T.

Not sure I could take him in the first.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I actually like Rousseau as a Crawford type...play both inside and out but I think his best football in the NFL would be bulking up and playing 3T.

The guy he reminds me of is DE Marcus Davenport, whom the Saints drafted #14 overall a few years ago. People crap on Rousseau but he’s got size and length you can’t teach. Someone will likely take a shot at him in the backend of R1 or early Day 2.

cnuball21

Reaction score
The guy he reminds me of is DE Marcus Davenport, whom the Saints drafted #14 overall a few years ago. People crap on Rousseau but he’s got size and length you can’t teach. Someone will likely take a shot at him in the backend of R1 or early Day 2.

Davenport was explosive and had a + first step.

Rousseau has great size and length but doesn’t have the burst / bend to be a + DE at the next level IMO.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I agree on where he’ll go... in the late 1st - early 2nd area and frankly that’s about where he needs to go IMO.

I just think that 10 is too high, but you’re right, he has length and size that can make a difference. Classic low floor, high ceiling type.

Unlike Taco who was low-floor, low-ceiling.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Davenport was explosive and had a + first step.

Rousseau has great size and length but doesn’t have the burst / bend to be a + DE at the next level IMO.
His lack of explosion is what concerns me. His frame is great.

I wonder if his get-off is as good as David Irving, because he was successful with a frame like that.

cnuball21

Reaction score
His lack of explosion is what concerns me. His frame is great.

I wonder if his get-off is as good as David Irving, because he was successful with a frame like that.

His most impressive snaps on tape were inside IMO. I rarely saw him win outside by bending the edge or using a pass rush move.

His pass rush win rate was also like 18% which is wayyyyyyyy too low for a first round edge rusher. I think Ojulari was around 25% / 26%.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
His most impressive snaps on tape were inside IMO. I rarely saw him win outside by bending the edge or using a pass rush move.

His pass rush win rate was also like 18% which is wayyyyyyyy too low for a first round edge rusher. I think Ojulari was around 25% / 26%.
Yep.

Irving won mostly inside as well. I think his explosion was a problem for guards (but not OT) and his length created issues for the shorter armed guys on the interior OL.

Rousseau winning at DT reminded me of Irving a lot.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yep.

Irving won mostly inside as well. I think his explosion was a problem for guards (but not OT) and his length created issues for the shorter armed guys on the interior OL.

Rousseau winning at DT reminded me of Irving a lot.

If the team thinks he can be that kind of player and hold up agains the run I’d be all in the 2nd.

When Irving was on the field and had his head right he was a beast.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Phillips put up a disgusting workout after a huge senior season where he beat tackles in a half dozen different ways. That's what a DE1 looks like. This guy is a top 10 player all the way, the only question is how much do you discount him for his injuries.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

He could be a fit at that 4T spot Quinn likes to uses