FWST Blog: Kosier and Jenkins out for Thursday... Kosier could be out for year

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kosier and Jenkins out for Thursday

Wade Phillips said Monday left guard Kyle Kosier sprained his foot again and is out for Thursday's game against Seattle. Cornerback Mike Jenkins will also be out with a hamstring strain. Wade said tight end Jason Witten is fine after taking tought hit against the 49ers.

Posted at 01:36 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Kosier could be lost for year

Since he injured the same foot for the third time this year, left guard Kyle Kosier could be lost for the year. He will be examined by another doctor to determine if he needs to be shut down for the rest of the season.

Posted at 01:45 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Kyle Kosier could be done for season

1:54 PM Mon, Nov 24, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Wade Phillips said LG Kyle Kosier, who sprained the foot that has sidelined him for most of the season, is doubtful for Thursday's game against Seattle and might be done for the season.

"That's what we're trying to determine," said Phillips, who added that Kosier will visit another doctor. "We're going to look at it again, since he has the same injury after trying to come back from it twice now."

Phillips said Cory Procter will be plugged back into Kosier's spot in the starting lineup, pretty much shooting down the possibility of Montrae Holland seeing significant action.

There are no plans to rest Terence Newman (groin) or Jason Witten (ribs) against the Seahawks, although Newman reported that he is sore today. The Cowboys are already thin at cornerback with Mike Jenkins (hamstring) probably out.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (1) Leave comment | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

TwentyOne

Reaction score
WoW. Just great. :bang2: :bang2:

This staff has to be taken into responsibility. I don't know why there are so many players hurt that often but something is really wrong at valley ranch.

juck

Reaction score
I think kosiers absence spells doom for us.The last 4 teams we play will completely expose proctor.wow.

juck

Reaction score
Last year we lost to the NYG because of TO and Glenn being hampered by injury now this.Insane it never ever gets better.wow.

Smith22

Reaction score
I think it might be best if we take it easy on TNew and Witten the rest of the year as far as practice is concerned. Let them save it for the game.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
That really put a little damper on the win Sun. But playing Thurs., there is no room to cry about it, we have to go play with what we have.

Smith22

Reaction score
The Kosier news is obviously not good, but hopefully the 2nd opinion is something a little bit more optimistic.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
That which does not kill the Cowboys playoff hopes, only makes them stronger.

...of course with Koiser out for the year, that could actually kill the Cowboys playoff hopes. :laugh2:

FCBarca

Reaction score
The Kosier debacle is really painful to see persist.

Offseason priorities have to have OL at the top of the list

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Note to Jenkins: Rehab the hammy, but don't sprain your toe.

Note to Cossier: You may only have one good foot, but you're still better than Proctor. Please play - please?

juck

Reaction score
nyc;2440690 said:
That which does not kill the Cowboys playoff hopes, only makes them stronger.

...of course with Koiser out for the year, that could actually kill the Cowboys playoff hopes. :laugh2:

I think it will.This offense isnt the same without him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Confirms to me what I thought earlier.

Time to churn a few spots on this roster.

I think Kosier needs to be shut down and let his foot fully heal. It looks like that won't happen shuffling him in and out.

I'd bring in a decent punter who can hold for PAT's and punt the useless Brad Johnson and Paulescu - that opens up one spot.

And I'd move Watkins to IR freeing up another. His injury seems to be recurring like Kosier's. I'd shut him down and reevalute his future on this team next year.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys injury update

1:31 PM Mon, Nov 24, 2008 | Permalink
Aaron Chimbel

Dallas Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips updated the team's injuries:

Guard Kyle Kosier sprained his same foot that has been injured and caused him to miss most of the season. Unlikely he will play this week.

Phillips said they may consider Kosier not playing for the rest of the season.

Cornerback Mike Jenkins has a hamstring strain, probably out this week.

Safety Pat Watkins was also banged up this week and wants to play.

Phillips says he doesn't expect to hold anyone out who can play.

He said Terence Newman and Jason Witten both seemed to do well despite their injuries.

FCBarca

Reaction score
And if he's out for the season, really curious what the staff intend to do to keep that OL cohesive, running game moving and Romo off his back/pinky?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
this ORGANIZATION from the GM to the scouts to the coaches are a total failure if Corey Procter is the BEST interior OL we have on the bench. Procter is BARELY a NFL player...and he is certainly not the kind of depth a team that considers themselves championshop material should ever trot out this much

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
juckie;2440673 said:
I think kosiers absence spells doom for us.The last 4 teams we play will completely expose proctor.wow.

Agreed. Dont want to say it, but the season could be over folks. Procter is simply terrible. It is night and day when Kosier is in there.