FWST Blog: Kosier and Jenkins out for Thursday... Kosier could be out for year

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
JeffInDC;2440846 said:
You do realize that, as bad as Proctor seems to be, he was the starter for all but one of the first 6 games with Romo. In those games, Romo had a QB rating of 103.8, and his his worst game (ratings wise) was the Green Bay game - Kosier's first game of the year. I think the running game is what will suffer the most.

Yeah I do realise that. I realise that he was starting during the Washington, Cincy, Arizona series of games that were not so kind and were very rough to effeciantly get anywhere and also happened to be a couple of games where Tony got a bit battered, and of course injured.

So, yeah, call me crazy but I don't exactly love our chances down the stretch against the defenses of the Steelers, Giants, and Ravens when Proctor is in there sucking.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
So Kosier was actually injured in the 2nd quarter but was able to play though it until it became too much.

And now he might be done for the year.

You couldn't even write this stuff.

bigE79

Reaction score
juckie;2440700 said:
I think it will.This offense isnt the same without him.
This offence isnt the same w/o ROMO...as long HE IS in there we will be fine:star:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2440947 said:
Yeah I do realise that. I realise that he was starting during the Washington, Cincy, Arizona series of games that were not so kind and were very rough to effeciantly get anywhere and also happened to be a couple of games where Tony got a bit battered, and of course injured.

So, yeah, call me crazy but I don't exactly love our chances down the stretch against the defenses of the Steelers, Giants, and Ravens when Proctor is in there sucking.
Wasn't the Arizona game when Flo got his stinger? If Flo stays reasonably healthy, then I doubt we see anything on the scale of the Arizona game.

Romo got hit some vs. Skins 1 and Cincy but was not the reason we lost/kept it closer than expected.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
FCBarca;2440691 said:
The Kosier debacle is really painful to see persist.

Offseason priorities have to have OL at the top of the list

Drafting a starting-quality guard should have been a priority last draft so, yes, it should be a priority next draft.

Kosier's injury may never heal correctly so counting on him for next year would be foolish.

The good news is we all now know that there is no one on the present rosted ready to battle for a starting o-line spot next year.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
utrunner07;2440995 said:
If kosier is done for the season then thats the ball game folks...
Yeah, never mind actually playing the last five games.

utrunner07

Reaction score
windward;2441006 said:
Yeah, never mind actually playing the last five games.

yeah, thats what im saying. I would not even waste the money on the plane tickets jerry.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I'll never understand the mentality of the fan who gives up at the first sign of adversity.

I never will.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
windward;2441031 said:
I'll never understand the mentality of the fan who gives up at the first sign of adversity.

I never will.

What about the ones that continually give up at the first sign of adversity. You know, the ones that give up every time we fumble or throw an interception, call the game and the season over...only to come back the next week to 'give up' some more. That must be exhausting. :cool: :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
tomson75;2441041 said:
What about the ones that continually give up at the first sign of adversity. You know, the ones that give up every time we fumble or throw an interception, call the game and the season over...only to come back the next week to 'give up' some more. That must be exhausting. :cool: :D

Easy they say oh well I'm glad to eat crow. The rest of us have to tolerate the constant bashing of the team.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
tomson75;2441041 said:
Yeah. The Kosier injury sucks. But it hardly means we cant beat Pittsburgh,Gnats or the Ravens.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2441045 said:
Easy they say oh well I'm glad to eat crow. The rest of us have to tolerate the constant bashing of the team.
"Emotional insurance" is what someone here called it.

utrunner07

Reaction score
windward;2441031 said:

I never will.

Oh man I gave up weeks ago, even prior to the first signs of adversity, just so I could be ahead of the game. The season is over, I have already packed it in and now that Kosier is done it just proves my point, lets just cut our losses, start Bollinger or Crayton for that matter so Tony can heal the finger and start thinking about the draft. An extra 5 weeks of thinking about the draft can only help us.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
windward;2441049 said:
"Emotional insurance" is what someone here called it.

True. Myself I have strong faith in this team and these players. If I'm wrong I'm willing to go down with the ship but I honestly feel this team has not yet begun to play their best ball. I don't say this blindly after all I see problems that we have had thus far but I have also seen improvements as the season has gone on. We are not to where I would like us to be playing wise but as I said I think our best days are ahead of us this year

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
utrunner07;2441057 said:
Oh man I gave up weeks ago, even prior to the first signs of adversity, just so I could be ahead of the game. The season is over, I have already packed it in and now that Kosier is done it just proves my point, lets just cut our losses, start Bollinger or Crayton for that matter so Tony can heal the finger and start thinking about the draft. An extra 5 weeks of thinking about the draft can only help us.
I guess you think your sarcasm proves your point.

It only makes you look like a fool.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2441060 said:
True. Myself I have strong faith in this team and these players. If I'm wrong I'm willing to go down with the ship but I honestly feel this team has not yet begun to play their best ball. I don't say this blindly after all I see problems that we have had thus far but I have also seen improvements as the season has gone on. We are not to where I would like us to be playing wise but as I said I think our best days are ahead of us this year
I'm generally an optimist and like what I've seen since Romo came back.

Now that Kosier's out, it hurts. I'm not quitting though.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I remember back to the summer and many of the locals here told me kosier would never get his job back because he sucks and holland was bigger and of course bigger is better.

Nevermind the fact that holland is in fact A. a right guard and B. not as good as kosier.

Now I guess we will really find out how much kosier will be missed.

We play the 4 most aggressive and fiercest defenses 4 weeks in a row.

CowboysxSwagger

Reaction score
Our O-line just isn't good
Kosiers prolly our best one
columbo and adams make alot of penalties that kill our momentum in games